Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Kindle Customer (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
A Fashionable Address: A saga of tragedy and hope set in London's West End
A Fashionable Address: A saga of tragedy and hope set in London's West End

5.0 out of 5 stars ... all classes from the very rich to the very poor and homeless, 18 Jun. 2017
A story that cover all classes from the very rich to the very poor and homeless, the working class to the people who could not get work.
All the hardships along the way, the firms who took advantage of their staff with threats, long and gruelling hours with very poor pay and the climb up the ladder after a lot or heartache and hardship.
All people catered for in the excellent book.
A recommended read.

The Light in the Wound
The Light in the Wound

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 27 May 2017
This book I found to bee very disjointed and very difficult to get into.
I did not like; or thnk it necessary for such constant and foul language or for it to be so explicit. There was nothing left to the imagination and at times I found it to be quite offensive. I am no prude, but this was way OTT.
I shall not be readig anymore books by this Author.

Whispers in the Town: Two sisters fight for love in a changing world
Whispers in the Town: Two sisters fight for love in a changing world

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 18 May 2017
An excellent book by Pam Evans. The story of a very close family with their hardships and keeness to work to keep their family business going even through the toughest of times, their sadness and loves and lives of 2 girls who are very close to ther Granny. Secrets as well as intrugue.
Well worth reading.

LOVE SONGS
LOVE SONGS
Offered by nagiry

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 May 2017
This review is from: LOVE SONGS (Audio CD)
Just one word for it. "EXCELLENT"

Call Nurse Millie
Call Nurse Millie

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 3 May 2017
This review is from: Call Nurse Millie (Kindle Edition)
A very good story BUT, also very disjointed where the writer jumps from one subject to another instead of starting a new chapter or even given an emboldened heading. i.e., “The following day, or later that evening”. I found myself not being able to get the gist of the story in places as the story did not flow. I had to keep turning back as when I turned the page, we were on a completely different subject.
This is just 1 of many examples, where Millie was in Stratford Christmas shopping with her mother. I turned the page to “Would you like some gravy” thinking I had turned 2 pages at once I looked back, but no, I hadn’t, it was Christmas day.

It was constantly like this throughout the book which I found to be very misleading and at times, hard to follow until I realised the author had jumped to another part of the story. Sadly, I shall not be buying any more of her books to read as you never know where you are up to as lack of Chapters when changing to another part of the story.

I also think that she should have done some homework on dancing instead of just saying she/he took a back step or sidestep. It would have been better to make no reference to it at all as it was clear that she didn’t know anything about dancing.
It also had not been proof read very well as there were a few spelling mistakes/ typos, which you do not expect to find in a book.
A great pity as the story was good, but the layout poor.

Always I'll Remember: A gritty and touching Northern saga
Always I'll Remember: A gritty and touching Northern saga

5.0 out of 5 stars Very involved, 22 April 2017
It took me a little while to get into this book but it is a superb story with so many twists and turns in it. It is so real that you even feel yourself loathing the old witch not being able to believe that anyone could be so evil, but in spite of that, her children were so kind and different.
I recommend this as a very good read.

60 cm Living Willow Sculpture "Harlequin" Plant
60 cm Living Willow Sculpture "Harlequin" Plant

5.0 out of 5 stars I have mine re-planted in large black pots that will hold the water better. The pots are standing on a bed of ..., 22 April 2017
I have 2 of these and they look so unusual and add something different to the garden.
Make sure you pull off the lower leaves on the sculptured part off the tree and keep well watered. I have mine re-planted in large black pots that will hold the water better. The pots are standing on a bed of stones along with some other potted shrubs and looking really good along the garage wall. I have had quite a few comments on how nice they look already.
They are expensive but so attractive, I would recommend.

Nothing Is Forever: A heart-warming saga of lost loves and new beginnings
Nothing Is Forever: A heart-warming saga of lost loves and new beginnings

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked from first sentence, 30 Mar. 2017
I have really enjoyed this book, from the first sentence it grabbed me.
From a well to do girl going to France to work as a VAD in WWl and the battle of the Somme going through her love life with a Pilot. Coming home after the war, landing in a rough part of Southampton, seeing young children roaming the streets with nowhere to go, buying an old house decorating it andthat opening it as a children's home. She makes friends and foes and struggles through her life. I really recommend this book as a gripping story from start to finish. A book very well written and congratulations to the author.

Forgive and Forget: A moving saga of the sorrows and fortunes of war
Forgive and Forget: A moving saga of the sorrows and fortunes of war

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories of the past, 25 Mar. 2017
I have enjoyed this book so much. It has brought back memories some of which I had forgotten. How hard it was living in London at that time, but taking war for granted as I had never known anything else.
The rationing, the queues and having to scrimp and manage the best we could.
How hard the Civil Defence worked (although I was too young to appreciate that)
Living in the East end of London the fire bombs and doodle bugs. I was evacuated for the last 11 months of the war so missed the V2's.This story has been so well researched and written by Dee Williams it is a 1st class read.

So Many Children: A young woman struggles for a brighter tomorrow
So Many Children: A young woman struggles for a brighter tomorrow

5.0 out of 5 stars A well written book and well worth reading., 10 Mar. 2017
A story of extreme poverty as it was many years ago and how families struggled to make ends meet because there were too many children being born because of ignorance and lack of contraception.
A very down to earth story of those hard times and when the man of the house was lord and master, keeping his wife and children in need of food and clothes while the menfolk drank or gambled money away. This book is so well written of those times that really did exist.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11