Profile for A. Stone > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
In My Own Time: Thoughts and Afterthoughts
In My Own Time: Thoughts and Afterthoughts

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed it., 28 Sept. 2016
Well written short essays on various topics from the political to the personal, particularly on the issue of growing old. Poignant when talking about her marriage. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yoga for People Who Can't Be Bothered to Do It
Yoga for People Who Can't Be Bothered to Do It

4.0 out of 5 stars The highs and lows of travel, 14 Aug. 2016
Travels and adventures of a man willing to share the highs as well as the banalities and loneliness of travel. He is very perceptive about human nature and you will recognise yourself in some of these stories.

A Field Guide to Reality
A Field Guide to Reality

3.0 out of 5 stars Unusual, 25 July 2016
An unusual book, which is what attracted me. I also heard the author on Radio 4 and she was very interesting and knowledgeable about philosophy. The book describes a quest but the air of mystery lasts too long and as a reader I wanted some resolutions along the way rather than all of it right at the end.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2016 9:43 AM BST

Anger Management: Bite Your Tongue - The Ultimate Anger Management Guide for Men and Women to Control Your Life Again (anger management, anger management ... for children, anger management for men)

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a very short book which has descriptions of ..., 24 April 2016
This is a very short book which has descriptions of how anger can arise but very little practical advice other than the usual - be aware of your triggers. It only seemed to have 5 star reviews too. It's cheap because it's short.

In the Light of What We Know
In the Light of What We Know

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant in places which is what makes it worth reading, 18 Mar. 2016
A satisfying read on a range of topics though not all the characters are believable nor their relationships. However, brilliant in places which is what makes it worth reading.

Attached: Identify your attachment style and find your perfect match
Attached: Identify your attachment style and find your perfect match

4.0 out of 5 stars It was an easy read and although some of it seems obvious it ..., 2 Feb. 2016
It was an easy read and although some of it seems obvious it does explain the dynamics of certain relationships. It gave me an added perspective on a recent break-up and made me realise why certain patterns existed.

The Story of the Lost Child (Neapolitan Novels)
The Story of the Lost Child (Neapolitan Novels)

5.0 out of 5 stars They move at a fast pace and the narrator's best friend is a fascinating character, 13 Jan. 2016
The final book in the tetralogy and it gets the five star rating because it rounds off the series. These books have to be read in order. Compelling reading though I'm not sure why. They move at a fast pace and the narrator's best friend is a fascinating character.

A Point of View
A Point of View

5.0 out of 5 stars Clive James is just brilliant. I read this while I was travelling on ..., 1 Dec. 2015
This review is from: A Point of View (Kindle Edition)
Clive James is just brilliant. I read this while I was travelling on holiday and it was exactly what I needed - well-thought out opinions on all sorts of topics.

The Road Home
The Road Home

3.0 out of 5 stars I found this book difficult to believe although at times it can be very funny about the British, 1 Dec. 2015
This review is from: The Road Home (Kindle Edition)
I have decided that I much prefer Rose Tremain's historical fiction. I found this book difficult to believe although at times it can be very funny about the British.

My Brilliant Friend (Neapolitan)
My Brilliant Friend (Neapolitan)

4.0 out of 5 stars Starts off brilliantly but doesn't maintain the intensity, 1 Dec. 2015
Starts off brilliantly but doesn't maintain the intensity. However, a great read and I plan to read the quartet of novels.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5