Profile for Emilie > Reviews

Content by Emilie

Emilie (Glasgow)

Amazing Journeys (AA Illustrated Reference Books)
Amazing Journeys (AA Illustrated Reference Books)
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing "Amazing Journeys"!, 11 Feb. 2011
The title gives it all away: these journeys are truly amazing! I fell in love with this book ever since it was first recommended by one of the staff in Waterstones. It depicts 22 accessible journeys (aimed mostly at car-journeys) over the whole world, such as the "Inca Trail" in Latin America; the "Appian Way" in Italy; the "Skippers Canyon" journey in Australia; "India's Spice Coast"; "Route 66" in the USA; ... just to name a few. Every excursion is described with wonderful pictures highlighting the most important attractions, a detailed written description as well as a map depicting the journey, recommendations, practical information, and some background information. I have not had the chance to embark on any of the adventures and I am not sure if I ever will. The book however is an adventure on its own, taking me away every time on magical journeys across the world :) Enjoy!

Cave Baby
Cave Baby
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Julia Donaldson Masterpiece!, 11 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Cave Baby (Hardcover)
Julia Donaldson never dissapoints! I am a real fan of all her picture books and have always thought that her cooperation with Axel Scheffler was a match made in children-books-heaven. So, when I saw that this book was illustrated by Emily Gravett, I was at first a little apprehensive. No matter how great Julia Donaldson's stories are, if the illustrations don't match up, I won't buy the book. However, after browsing through 'Cave Baby' in one of the stores, I was besotted! Beautiful! Your collection would not be complete without it!