Profile for DBX > Reviews

Content by DBX

Philips SHL3000/00 DJ Headband Headphones - Black
Philips SHL3000/00 DJ Headband Headphones - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Good, 4 Feb. 2014
I was looking for a pair of headphones I could use indoors (e.g. watching movies, listening to Spotify/iTunes) and I found these ones. When I tried them for the first time, I was very surprised by how good they were.

The sound is very clear, especially the bass, which is a plus.. and you can listen well to pretty much any kind of music. I tried listening to some Rage Against the Machine, Tool and Red Hot Chili Peppers, and although they sounded different compared to other standard headphones I previously owned (mainly because of the enhanced bass sound) they still sounded good.

I was very happy to find out that these were great when listening to hip hop. I listened to a couple of songs by Kendrick Lamar, and I was overjoyed when I was able to hear the instrumentals and the beats with clarity... for hip hop music lovers who don't have enough money for an expensive headphone and pay a lot of attention to beats and instrumentals, this is fantastic!

A few cons: I don't suggest using these while traveling, as they seem quite fragile. I don't suggest putting them in a bag, because they might break. Another con is that you can't fold them, hence they are not very practical (I use them only at home, so this doesn't really affect me). Also, the lack of a cushion on the headband might be an issue for some people.

Overall, these deserve a 4 out of 5, as I was genuinely surprised by the audio quality of these headphones. For this price and brand, these might be the best headphones you can find!