Profile for Allan Thornhill > Reviews

Content by Allan Thornhill

Allan Thornhill (Surrey, England)

Op/Tech Rainsleeve - Twin Pack
Op/Tech Rainsleeve - Twin Pack

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 4 Jun. 2017
Oh well it was only £6 good job too. does not work with a camera strap. Does not work with a telephoto lens as you can extend it in the bag.
Don't bother

Everest: Beyond the Limit - Season 2
Everest: Beyond the Limit - Season 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling watch, 31 May 2016
Thrilling insight into the dangers of climbing this mountain.
Scary viewing at times

Schleich Farm Christmas Advent Calendar
Schleich Farm Christmas Advent Calendar
Offered by Seuren health B.V.

2.0 out of 5 stars On day 12 now and extremely disappointed with the content of the calendar, 12 Dec. 2015
On day 12 now and extremely disappointed with the content of the calendar. Today we have received yet another small booklet thing with 2 pages in English. Would it not have been sensible to place all these game card items in one day?
Whilst we don't expect animals everyday, the quality and value of the items does not appear to be adding up to the £25 we paid for it.
Very disappointed so far

Our Zoo
Our Zoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating history, 1 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Our Zoo (Kindle Edition)
fascinating first hand insight into the trials and tribulations of establishing one of the best zoos in the UK.

Amazon Kindle Touch Leather Case (4th generation - 2011 release), Wine Purple
Amazon Kindle Touch Leather Case (4th generation - 2011 release), Wine Purple

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great quality, 23 April 2012
Was disappointed with the quality of this new case.
I had the Kindle 3g keyboard case with the elastic strap and it was much better. Thicker, more robust with a nice strap to hold it closed.
This product is thin, flimsy and flaps about.
Certainly not worth the £30 asking price.
Its a shame that amazon do not offer a similar quality product I had before for the Kindle Touch
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2012 7:28 PM BST

Belkin TuneCast 3 FM Transmitter for MP3 Players
Belkin TuneCast 3 FM Transmitter for MP3 Players

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy the TuneCast III, 26 July 2007
Having read the product descriptions and the mixed reviews in the US on this product, I thought I would give it a try.
Upon receipt I tried it on the stereo in the house with mixed results. There were some frustrations when it decided that it would just switch itself off and I found that the volume needed to be quite high to prevent this.
I then tried it in the car for 3 days and was unable to get a clear signal on any frequency I tried. The only was I could get a clear signal was by holding the thing in my hand or holding it up to the sun roof - a little impractical to say the least.
Even trying the 1 or 2 suggestions in the instruction book was a waste of time.
I have now returned the product and would not recommend it to anyone.