Profile for Ilana > Reviews

Kamenstein Stainless Steel Perfect Tear Paper Towel Holder 4536AS
Kamenstein Stainless Steel Perfect Tear Paper Towel Holder 4536AS
Offered by styeland15

5.0 out of 5 stars Would definitely recommend it., 9 Aug. 2016
My daughter bought a towel holder from Costco, this one is identical. It has a ratchet mechanism which enables you to tear off one sheet at a time. I dont have the very large rolls, use the PLENTY FAT ONE, this fits the holder perfectly. Would definitely recommend it.

Zyliss Stainless Steel and Plastic EasyPull Food Processor, 750 ml - White/Grey/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a truly amazing gadget. I am thrilled with it and would ..., 18 Jun. 2016
This is a truly amazing gadget. I am thrilled with it and would highly recommend it. I have made guacamole with it, chopped onions and other veg and am really happy. Zyliss lives up to its well deserved reputation.

The Hermès Scarf: History & Mystique
The Hermès Scarf: History & Mystique
by Nadine Coleno

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 May 2013
I saw this book at an antique fair today. I was intending to buy it but after having a good look at it I realised it wasnt worth it. I agree with one reviewers comment that they should have put in a section about the manufacture of the scarf. Also there were no pictures of older Hermes scarves. Through my late father I had a connection with the Hermes co. I am very fortunate to own some of the older scarves, thus my interest in buying such a book. This is a real disappointment.

Counting One's Blessings: Selected Letters of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother
Counting One's Blessings: Selected Letters of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother
by William Shawcross

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any royal enthusiast, 11 Nov. 2012
I am only half way through this book, and am truly amazed by the editing and presentation. William Shawcross has done an amazing job of selecting and annotating and commenting on the vast correspondence the Queen Mum wrote during her long and colourful life. The letters she wrote to her parents-in-law - George V and Queen Mary - are themselves a testament to who she was and to her special character. Many letters I have read 2 or 3 times, to fully understand her ability to touch different people in a unique way. Truly amazing and a must read. Congratulations to William Shawcross for bringing these letters to print.

Jeremy & Amy: The Extraordinary Story of One Man and His Orang-utan
Jeremy & Amy: The Extraordinary Story of One Man and His Orang-utan
by Jeremy Keeling

5.0 out of 5 stars UNPUTADOWNABLE, 26 Nov. 2011
If I could have given this book 10 stars, then I would have. Beautifully written, no holds barred,amazing life story of a remarkable person succeeding against all insurmaountable odds. It is a lesson to many people who may come from challenging childhoods and backgrounds, that they too can succeed if they persevere. Jeremy has climbed his mountains and conquered his challenges beyond all belief. He is, as far I am concerned a real animal lover. Not one to humanise animals, but to treat them with respect and give them their true dignity. This is a warts and all autobiography, which as far as I am concerned makes it a fascinating read. Dont miss it and do read it. You wont regret it.

The Royal Jewels
The Royal Jewels
by Suzy Menkes

2.0 out of 5 stars out of date, 21 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Royal Jewels (Hardcover)
I was trying to decide whether to buy this volume or The Queen's Jewels: The Personal Collection of Elizabeth II by Leslie Field. I have now decided to buy the Queens Jewels. I looked at both books in the library and found that his book is hopelessly out of date. Poor picture quality, and all the facts are just not relevant any more. Also in this volume, there is so much unnecessary information, which just doesnt belong to the jewellery itself. Leslie Field has written a much better book which I dont think will date as fast as this one has.

Good Old-Fashioned Comfort Puddings
Good Old-Fashioned Comfort Puddings
by Sara Paston-Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars not this one, 29 Oct. 2010
Dont go for this title but for Sara Paston-Williams Good Old-fashioned Puddings .

Good old-fashioned puddings is the full blown version of good old-fashioned comfort puddings.
It has many more recipes etc etc.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good photo printer, 13 May 2010
This is a good printer. Two pieces of advice. When you buy this printer, make sure you buy a six pack of cartridges with it. The multipack one. The enclosed cartridges will just charge up the nozzle heads, when they have done that, they are empty. Also make sure you have a USB cable at home to connect the printer to the computer. It is not supplied. I found the settings of this printer a challenge after the Epson Stylus Photo R340. This machine was bought mainly for photography and I like to have my own settings, this is possible with this printer, but very differently to the R340. I am happy with the results so far, just it takes some getting used to.

Illustrated Book of Musical Instruments (The Illustrated Book of)
Illustrated Book of Musical Instruments (The Illustrated Book of)
by Max Wade-Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars THE ONE & ONLY GUIDE YOU WILL EVER NEED, 21 May 2005
I have been searching for a guide to recognize the various instruments when I go to a concert. I stumbled across this book in my library. Within a few seconds I realised I had found what I had been looking for. Not only is it very clearly illustrated, but the history for each instrument is given. Added to this are ethnic instruments, the vocal instrument; also the function of a conductor in an orchestra. Everything you every wanted to know, and them some, is listed here. This is the only musical instrument guide you will ever need. Buy it and you will learn alot!!!!

Camilla: An Intimate Portrait
Camilla: An Intimate Portrait
by Rebecca Tyrrel

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with this one, 23 Jan. 2005
The book to go for is "Camilla - her true story" by Caroline Graham. I read the 2003 edition. This book is a very thick glossy magazine, gushing, over effusive. It is not properly set out. One doesn't get a true picture of Camilla's life. It is a very saccharine novel. I had great difficulty finishing it. All I can say is save your money. I was forced to give it a star. It doesn't deserve one at all.

Page: 1 | 2