Profile for Clare Mccann > Reviews

Content by Clare Mccann

Clare Mccann (Chichester, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Swiss Army Man [DVD] [2017]
Swiss Army Man [DVD] [2017]
Dvd ~ Paul Dano

4.0 out of 5 stars Odd, but with all the makings of a cult classic, 19 May 2017
This review is from: Swiss Army Man [DVD] [2017] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a big fan of the cult 80s film Weekend At Bernie's and I'm probably guilty of hoping this film would be a clone of it, if you too are wondering, the answer is it's not. The humour is darker and more base and it's not set in the Hamptons with perky smiley people and sunshine!

I'm really not quite sure what to make of Swiss Army Man. It made me cringe more than it made me laugh, but yet it has all the makings of a cult classic.

As I mentioned the humour is pretty base, there's a lot of farting and at one point the corpse spews water everywhere at high pressure like a fountain, but the weirdest part of all is that the dead body talks. Clearly this is meant to be Hank's hallucinations, but yet I really struggled to suspend my belief and buy into this part. I almost thought we were going to discover he wasn't dead at the end. I think the reviewers who described this film as "disarmingly odd" probably hit the nail on the head!

I've given it 4 stars because it's quite a brave bit of cinema, totally different to the majority of formulaic Hollywood films and I'm sure there are some people out there who will love it, just probably not me.

Aqua Sphere Women's Lita Swimsuit, Black/Gold, 36
Aqua Sphere Women's Lita Swimsuit, Black/Gold, 36

5.0 out of 5 stars Really flattering design, 13 May 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is such a simple design, but surprisingly flattering and looks really good on, I'm not a particular fan of the colour black, but this swimming cosrume won me over. The European sizing is confusing, so worth googling to check you get the right one before you buy. 40 is equivalent to a UK 12 and 38 to a 10

The Stars are Fire
The Stars are Fire
by Anita Shreve

5.0 out of 5 stars quick compelling read, 8 May 2017
This review is from: The Stars are Fire (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I go back a long way with Anita Shreve, The Pilot's Wife being one of her most memorable reads so this book was received with anticipation and pleasure.

To use the appalling natural disaster which occurred in Maine in the nineteen forties made for an atmospheric, incredibly well described backdrop in which the story unwound and into which I was sucked.

It is a fairly quick read, moving from beautifully described opening chapters to a rather simplistic fairytale middle onto a finale of unexpected coincidences. A perfect holiday read which like me, may lead you to some more serious reading about the 1947 Maine devastating fire about which several books have been written.

Cressi Unisex Nevada Sports Sunglasses, Dark Silver/Grey Lens, Uni
Cressi Unisex Nevada Sports Sunglasses, Dark Silver/Grey Lens, Uni

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice style!, 17 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've lost count of the number of pairs of sunglasses I've had over the years. When I decided to invest in an expensive pair I have an irritating habit of buying a style I go off almost immediately...or lose! These are at the cheap end of the scale and don't feel particularly strong in their construction, but I do really like the unisex and rather timeless style. I'll be interested to see how long they last.

Campart Travel Granada Outdoor Kitchen - White / Grey, 100 x 50 x 76 cm
Campart Travel Granada Outdoor Kitchen - White / Grey, 100 x 50 x 76 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful bit of camping kit, 17 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We are quite new to camping and still building our kit up, but think this is going to be a very useful addition Last summer we had a foldaway table as our kitchen and ended up keeping our food in bags in the car (to keep them away from the dogs and off the floor!) for washing up we used a tub trug. This travel kitchen is about the same size as our fold up table but does a lot more. The fabric storage baskets underneath are particularly useful and erecting the kitchen only takes a couple of minutes with a couple of hard bases to slot in to the storage baskets and a metal frame which goes across width of the frame to provide additional support under the baskets. It is heavy though (nearly 12kg) but so far that is the only downside we have found. It also comes with a storage bag which is particularly useful if you are putting it away in the garage for the winter and don't want to find it covered in dust by the spring!

Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo 379 ml
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo 379 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shampoo I have ever used!, 13 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd read a few reviews of this product online and was eager to see if it was as good as everyone claimed. I have thick wavy hair and this shampoo is aimed at "thick curly hair" so I was interested to see whether it would enhance my waves, it didn't, but the shampoo itself is exceptional!

It smells wonderful and is quite a thin mixture which applies easily. My hair tends to be either shiny and smooth but lacking in volume or it has volume but is dry and frizzy. This shampoo has (so far) managed to strike the perfect balance of volume and shine and most noticeably I am now going three (and I think I could even manage 4) days between washes with my hair looking as good on the third day as it does on the first, I have never found a shampoo that achieves this! I haven't tried the conditioner yet as I'm using up ones I already have (Tresemme) but I will be interested to see the results of using both products combined.

Post-it 25mm x 76mm Recycled Note Page Markers - Banana Yellow/ Mandarin Orange/ Grass Green (100 Sheets of Each Colour)
Offered by M & L UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 31 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are such a useful addition to your stationery drawer. I use them all the time when working through recipe books for ideas or looking through catalogues, but even so with 100 in each pack it takes a long time to use them up! They are (obviously) the same stickiness as post-it notes, ie they stick well on to paper and hold your place on a page, but remove without leaving any residue or damaging the surafce they were stuck to. Big enough to write a short note on too.

BRITA fill&go Vital Water Filter Bottle - Pink
BRITA fill&go Vital Water Filter Bottle - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, 28 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I already have a couple of different water bottles including the very popular Bobble water filter bottle, but this is my new favourite. The main thing it has over the Bobble is that the lid is hinged and does not fully remove, so can't be lost. The small clear plastic lid for my Bobble was lost very quickly which now limits how it can be used. The Brita bottle is slightly bigger than the Bobble (600ml as opposed to 550ml) and the cartridges sit discreetly and easily in the lid. Replacement cartridges come in packs of 8 and cost about £1 each and last for a month. The top is a sports cap as opposed to a straw, which I see some other reviewers dislike, but it's not bothered me.

CRESSI Jogi Sunglasses Kids 2-6 Years Boys and Girls
CRESSI Jogi Sunglasses Kids 2-6 Years Boys and Girls

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids sports glasses, 28 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm used to seeing the name Cressi associated with scuba equipment, but these glasses are great! My son isn't 6 until the summer, but they fit him comfortably already and look great. Would definitely recommend!

Toni & Guy Texture & Tousled Wash Bag Gift Set (Amazon Exclusive)
Toni & Guy Texture & Tousled Wash Bag Gift Set (Amazon Exclusive)

4.0 out of 5 stars Texture & Tousled Wash Bag Gift Set, 19 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A perfect resent for a hair-obsessed teen boy who spends far too long grooming his quiff before you can leave the house. Shampoo and conditioner are travel sized containers, so don't last as long as the styling products. As another reviewer mentioned the wash bag they come in isn't actually tall enough for the biggest bottle which is a bit frustrating, but it is nice enough in design and quite gender neutral.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20