Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now
Profile for Clare Mccann > Reviews

Content by Clare Mccann

Clare Mccann (Chichester, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Splash About Babies' Swim and Bath Mirror - Splash Pals
Splash About Babies' Swim and Bath Mirror - Splash Pals

5.0 out of 5 stars Bath time entertainment, 8 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A simple floating foam mirror which is keeping my kids (5 and 1) entertained at bath time. It's a good size and has stood up to rough play, so I would recommend.

Scotch Magic Tape - 19mmx33m
Scotch Magic Tape - 19mmx33m
Offered by emeraldoffice

5.0 out of 5 stars My tape of choice, 8 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like the matte finish to this tape, it doesn't quite deliver on the "virtually invisble" but it is a lot better than the shiny finish to normal selotape. Sticks well to everything I have tried it on, excellent quality tape.

1byone 0.7 mm Paper Thin HDTV Aerial with Excellent Performance for Digital Freeview and Analog TV Signals, VHF / UHF / FM, Window Aerial, Soft Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrks for us, so worth a shot!, 1 Feb. 2017
This is another one of those Amazon products that has half the people saying its great and the other half saying it doesn't work, but encouraged by one of the reviews that said they successfully returned it when it didn't work for them, I thought I'd give it a go.

Two years ago we did some work on our house which resulted in the cable from the aerial socket in our kitchen getting lost somewhere between the floors, something we didn't realise until it was too late. We've been limping along ever since, because we are close to the BBC transmitter we could just about get CBeebies if you wriggled the TV about on its arm and that was enough, although wo betide the person who moved the TV on its arm from the spot it was working in!

I thought the solution was going to be complicated or expensive, but when I looked on Amazon this came up as an option so I thought it was worth a shot. Out of the packet its a cheap thin bit of plastic with a cable connected, so the packaging did not go in the recycling as it usually does, I was convinced it would be back in it to be returned in 2 minutes! But I plugged it in and not only do we get all the BBC channels without interference, but we now get all the commercial ones too - hurray!

One thing to say though, the description that says it is "white on one side and black on the other to fit your decor" is fanciful at best! We have the grey side showing... its very definitely not white!

Oral-B Stages Power Kids Electric Toothbrush Featuring Star Wars Characters, Gift Pack Including Toothpaste

4.0 out of 5 stars Better cleaning for our 5 year-old, 13 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We got this tootbrush for my 5 year-old son and I'm really pleased we did as he's now spending much more time cleaning his teeth and I think they get a better clean with an electric brush rather than the lackluster brushing he did with a manual. However it is worth pointing out that the Star Wars element of this brush is limited to the toothpaste tube and the disposable brush. The main body of the toothbrush is not in any way branded, so once the head and paste is used it is simply a normal kids electric toothbrush.

Hasbro Classic Operation Game
Hasbro Classic Operation Game

3.0 out of 5 stars Parts are tiny and have been lost already, 28 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really looking forward to enjoying this game again having played the original as a child, I got this version for my (nearly) 6 year-old son to play with. We played it twice on boxing day and it was quite good fun, though some of the parts are REALLY hard to get out even for an adult, let alone a young child. However by far the biggest frustration is that the pieces seem (to my memory) to be smaller and more flimsy than the original and low and behold two days after he got the game for Christmas they've all been lost. It's going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack trying to track them down. Hasbro in the US do list them as spares on their site (for $4.99) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed they sell them in the UK too (only vague information on the UK site) though it's going to be an expensive and frustrating mistake. Clearly if we get new ones I'll have to keep the game under lock and key only for supervised play until he's about 17. Frustrating to say the least!!

My Sister's Bones
My Sister's Bones
by Nuala Ellwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Oddly paced, 26 Dec. 2016
This review is from: My Sister's Bones (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A strangely paced book which I rather struggled to get to the end of. It reminded me a lot of Girl On The Train which lots of people loved, but which I didn't get on with and gave up on before the end. The first two thirds of this book are really plodding and I came back to Amazon to read other people's reviews to see if it was worth continuing reading, as others have said in the final third of the book (which I skim read) all the lose ends get rapidly tied up at a frantic pace which would be an exciting conclusion were it not for the fact that I wasn't aware that one of them was even a lose end, having accepted the initial explanation at face value. All the elements of an interesting plot are there, I just think a lot of people will give up reading before anything happens.

Monster in the Hood
Monster in the Hood
by Steve Antony

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun story!, 6 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Monster in the Hood (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A fun story about three animal friends looking for a monster in their neighbourhood. There's some nice child friendly repetition, lovely illustrations (I particularly liked the double pages with the running groups of animals) and a surprise ending! It will entertain and amuse young children whilst also teaching a lesson about why they shouldn't be scared of things.

Umbra Buddy Wall Hooks, White, Set of 3
Umbra Buddy Wall Hooks, White, Set of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, 29 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These were bigger than I was expecting, but great fun, well made and easy to mount. We have attached them to the back of our guest room door where they are mounted at slightly different heights to make it seem as though they are using the door as a climbing wall. They get a lot of comments and my 5 year-old son loves them! From a practical point of view they are also really useful for hanging things on. The head part serves as a very large knob which is great for putting towels and coats over.

Pampers Baby-Dry Nappies Monthly Saving Pack - Size 4, Pack of 174
Pampers Baby-Dry Nappies Monthly Saving Pack - Size 4, Pack of 174

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, super thin and good performance, 29 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good size pack that generally lasts us 5 or 6 weeks so easily enough to cover the month required. Pampers Baby-Dry work very well for us and we've had no leaks even when using them 12 hours+ overnight. They are definitely thinner than supermarket own brands although as supermarket ones improve I notice that the difference is getting less pronounced. All in all a good value and convenient way of purchasing Pampers nappies

Patisserie de Bain 50 ml Sweet as Cherry Pie Hand Cream Tube
Patisserie de Bain 50 ml Sweet as Cherry Pie Hand Cream Tube

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet as cherry pie!, 23 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like the retro style packaging of this hand cream and although I was slightly worried that the smell might be too synthetic and sickly, it's actually really nice and not too overpowering. This 50ml size tube is excellent for travel or for chucking in a handbag and in contains quality ingredients which means it actually does the job and soaks into hands easily.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20