Profile for simonh > Reviews

CSL 4 x Coarse Replacement Rollers Compatible With Emjoi Micro Pedi
CSL 4 x Coarse Replacement Rollers Compatible With Emjoi Micro Pedi
Offered by Central Supplies Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, speedy and efficient !, 16 May 2016
I'd give both product and service a full 5 stars, but as a man , quite frankly I cannot bring myself to say that I "love" anything to do with hard skin removal from feet !!!

Sloggi Women Sloggi Evernew N Non-Wired Everyday Bra, Black, 34C (Manufacturer Size: 75C)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great every day soft bra ... young and attractive, 14 Dec. 2015
She likes it a lot, but it was too small... no worries, next size up ordered

The Narrow Road to the Deep North
The Narrow Road to the Deep North

4.0 out of 5 stars " My Goodness ..... Phew !! ", 20 Aug. 2015
It took three attempts over two weeks to get past the first 10 or so chapters ....I had to go back to the beginning each time ...I so wanted to give it up, but it was one of my Village "BookClub" reads, so I had to persevere. I read two other books in that time, then finally, I got to grasp with all the "flitting about " ( backwards and forwards in time ) AND BOY, AM I GLAD I PERSEVERED !
I knew the background from previous books covering the same subject, so was somewhat ( but by no means wholly ) prepared for all the acute horror, atrocities and shocking violent treatment dished out, but the book gripped me and having finished, it took weeks to get it from the forefront of my mind ... in fact it is without doubt a book I will never forget.
I suppose the feint-hearted may struggle with some of the content, but my view is that some things have to be learned / understood, if we are to try to understand human beings at all. I view it as an important book in my life's reading so far and wholeheartedly recommend it.

Micabeauty Mineral Blush Powder MB5, Terra Cotta
Micabeauty Mineral Blush Powder MB5, Terra Cotta

5.0 out of 5 stars More MICA for me!!! The MICA products ..., 20 Jan. 2015
More MICA for me !!! The MICA products have been an absolute eye opener for me .. so sorry I only found them 2 yrs ago :-( ... shall probably stay with them for life !

Misty Blue - Expanded Edition
Misty Blue - Expanded Edition
Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent collection, but at first I purchased it only ..., 20 Jan. 2015
Excellent collection, but at first I purchased it only for the title track, so that I could programme it into an evenings party programming ( knowing that it was the favourite tune to smooch to for one of the couples attending the party ) ... once I had listened to the whole disc, I included two other tracks.

Mudbound
Mudbound
by Hillary Jordan

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great little book, 20 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Mudbound (Paperback)
Such a great little book. Read it a year ago and again recently, as I started a village book club this month and chose this as the first book for the members to give feedback on. It certainly stimulated much conversation as did the job of entertaining us all very well indeed !

Micabeauty Mineral Foundation Powder, Toffee
Micabeauty Mineral Foundation Powder, Toffee

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 20 Jan. 2015
Great product .. I am so glad I found MICA products about 2 yrs ago... can't see me going anywhere else as the compliments still come in - which is very nice indeed ! Also, excellent service and delivery was so fast !

8 x Moth Proof Sweater Storage Bags UK made (w/Acana Moth Killer Sachets)
8 x Moth Proof Sweater Storage Bags UK made (w/Acana Moth Killer Sachets)
Offered by Pest Control Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, 19 Dec. 2014
The bags were absolutely fine in size, quality and value, however, once the seals were snapped close, they were difficult to reopen.. so much so that I had to exert enough pressure to worry that they may not last long. I would have paid more for the closure to have been in "zip" or "slider" style.
The packaging and delivery were very good
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2015 11:18 AM BST

Hostile Witness
Hostile Witness
by William Lashner

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Hostile Witness (Paperback)
Very disappointed, but should have known the style was likely to be "tired" / "outmoded" as it was written so long ago ... not that reading the classics in any way can be tarred with the same brush ... in retrospect, maybe I should have ordered one of his later books, trouble was I wanted to read them in order ( all 100+ of them ! ).

Bitter Truth
Bitter Truth
by William Lashner
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, but should have known the style was likely ..., 17 Oct. 2014

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4