Profile for V. Cook > Reviews

Content by V. Cook

V. Cook "dvd-addict" (U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2
All She Wants for Christmas [DVD] [2006]
All She Wants for Christmas [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Monica Keena
Offered by wantitcheaper

1.0 out of 5 stars All I wanted was christmas schmaltz, 3 Sept. 2010
Absoloutely diabolical! I love watching christmas movies, especially cheesy ones filled to the brim with schmaltz, so I bought this last year....

It is awful, the story-line, the characters, the actors, the scenery, the whole thing stinks!

If you're looking for christmassy movies, don't buy this, you'll instantly regret it!

Lyao [DVD] [2010] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Lyao [DVD] [2010] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars I did indeed laugh my arse off!, 5 May 2010
I absoloutely love this dvd, mr Barker is an amazing stand-up comedian. I know a lot of people who look at this item will have followed the link from the Flight of the Conchords dvd, (which is also amazing), but Arj Barker is SOOOOOOOO much funnier as a stand-up rather than an albeit great sitcom character.

His observations are impeccable and he manages to make everything in daily life seem hilarious!

I was laughing pretty much from start to finish, so I personally recommend this dvd very, very, very highly, GO BUY IT!!!!

O' Christmas Tree [DVD]
O' Christmas Tree [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bert Ring
Offered by Bridge_Records

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful christmas fare, 30 Nov. 2009
This review is from: O' Christmas Tree [DVD] (DVD)
This is a delightful little cartoon, it really gets you in the christmas mood. I bought it for my two boys and they really liked it, it runs at just the right length so as to hold their attention but not to bore them, buy it from a marketplace seller, cheap & cheerful christmas delight!

The Christmas Miracle Of Jonathan Toomey [DVD]
The Christmas Miracle Of Jonathan Toomey [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Berenger

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not as christmassy as advertised, 2 Nov. 2009
I thought this was a really good film, all the characters are brilliant and the story was really touching, however, it doesn't really have much to do about christmas. I realise the boy wants a nativity set made, and I realise the film ends at christmas, but it's not very christmassy at all.

Not to say this film is bad, it really isn't, it's now one of my favourites, hence my four-star rating.

Breaking the Rules [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Breaking the Rules [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love angry comedy, then check this out!, 19 Aug. 2009
Ok, I have to admit first of all that I am a fan of Sam Kinison, so maybe this review is a bit biased.

I think he had a brilliant sense of humour, and although not everyone's cup of tea, he was undenieably brilliant.

This dvd is the best one availiable of his work, it's an early one and his material is really strong, although if you offend easily, it's best to avoid him altogether.

I for one miss him, his kind of talent doesn't come along very often.

Oh, I noticed that someone had compared him to Bill Hicks, (another of my favourites), you can't compare two completely different comedians, each good comedian has their own unique style, it's not fair to compare them, as they were both genius!

Page: 1 | 2