Profile for Ilona Bell > Reviews

Content by Ilona Bell

Ilona Bell (York, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Red and Purple Hearts and Flowers Adhesive Nail Stickers Art
Red and Purple Hearts and Flowers Adhesive Nail Stickers Art

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, 4 May 2014
These adhesive nail stickers look really pretty and don't fall off within minutes of you applying. They look really pretty and a quick way to apply nail art without the hours of hard work.

Theatre Histories: An Introduction
Theatre Histories: An Introduction
by Phillip B. Zarrilli

5.0 out of 5 stars Drama at university, 4 May 2014
This was on my reading list for when I started studying drama at university. Although I haven't read all of it (which fresher has) the bits that I have read and interesting and clear.

Frozen [DVD]
Frozen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Buck
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome film, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed the film. It's got Disney's new angle where maybe just maybe the princess doesn't have to be in a relationship to succeed. I'm giving it four stars because I definitely think it's been over hyped about. Yes the songs are fun and catchy but is it really all that, that everybody's saying? I guess that's for you to decide.

Let Me Down Easy
Let Me Down Easy

3.0 out of 5 stars It's worth a listen, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Let Me Down Easy (MP3 Download)
Not as great as some of his songs but still a nice tune it's worth listening to if you like Paulo nutini

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry

4.0 out of 5 stars Holiday read, 31 Aug. 2013
I would definitely recommend 'The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry' as an easy, addictive holiday read. The writing style was enjoyable enough but the storyline was a little predictable as you follow a man named Harold Fry journey to save a friend, Queenie from cancer. I enjoyed reading about the people Harold met on his journey but found that I was only thoroughly interested in the story at the end of the book where a lot was revealed in the plot.

The Falling Sky
The Falling Sky

1.0 out of 5 stars Why did I even bother... ?, 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Falling Sky (Kindle Edition)
I've got to admit, I didn't really like this book, as is probably obvious from the amount of stars I gave it. I thought Goldshmidt wrote fluently but often her descriptions were very clichéd for instance, 'The wind was a slap in the face'. I always remember that particular phrase being used as an example in English lessons for metaphors. The paragraphs of thought also tended to ramble on and I got bored quickly as there wasn't a whole lot of story line to the book.

I understand that the book was supposed to represent Jeanette's feelings and the beauty of astronomy but I believe this focus was too strong and therefore left the plot weak. Additionally, despite having studied astronomy, I felt that the technical details of the subject didn't really add anything to aid the recognition of it's supposed beauty.

One thing I did enjoy about the book, however, was the way it switched between the past and present of the protagonist's life yet I still felt the conclusion didn't really finalise the two parts to any degree and you were just left with more thought about the character's life.

Harry Potter - The Ultimate Quiz Book: 400 Questions on the Wizarding World
Harry Potter - The Ultimate Quiz Book: 400 Questions on the Wizarding World
by Jack Goldstein

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 31 Aug. 2013
I bought this book as a birthday present and had a flick through it before I gave it to my friend. It gave a variety of questions with different levels of difficulty and they were fun to answer with the proper answers in the back, however, it was a very thin book!

No.1 DAD Tape Measure
No.1 DAD Tape Measure
Offered by TOOLMAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: No.1 DAD Tape Measure (Misc.)
Obviously I purchased this as a gimmicky father's day present and it was actually a pretty good tape measure! I was expecting it to be of poor quality and just to be used as a novelty item but has actually replaced my dad's old one, which is saying something as he is a joiner!

R.E.V.O.
R.E.V.O.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great songs, 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: R.E.V.O. (MP3 Download)
I can not stop listening to this CD - it is incredible. It's a compilation of all their original songs that I adore!

iPhone 5 Mr. Baggins 'The Hobbit' 3D Phone Case Cover
iPhone 5 Mr. Baggins 'The Hobbit' 3D Phone Case Cover

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice :), 31 Aug. 2013
I loved the design on this case hence why I bought it. The case fits tightly on the iphone 5 so I think i'll have trouble getting it off again if I want to change it but it does make the phone seem sturdier and wraps around the edges to protect them as well (though meant more for decoration than protection). The design is as cute as the picture and he even has little hairy feet but the actual image looks like it was printed on the case slightly off centre, which is a very fickle pointer but I do keep noticing it - maybe that's just me being a perfectionist?! Overall though, it looks incredibly cute, witty and unique!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10