Profile for stematmac > Reviews

Content by stematmac

stematmac (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
How To Cure Insomnia (100 sheep inside)
How To Cure Insomnia (100 sheep inside)
by Sheridan Simove

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting!, 14 April 2016
Chronic insomnia is no laughing matter. I’ve struggled to get to sleep for years so when I saw this book online I thought it was just what the doctor ordered but zzzzz, zzzzz, zzzzz...

No Longer Safe
No Longer Safe

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 21 Mar. 2016
This review is from: No Longer Safe (Kindle Edition)
Unreadable rubbish.

600D Nylon Molle Tactical Shoulder Strap Bag Military Push Pack Belt Pouch Travel Backpack Camera Money Utility Bag (Army Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built, sturdy little shoulder bag., 17 Mar. 2016
Great bag, clips and zips all well built and works really well. Great value for money.
Perfect for carrying camera, sandwiches, flask etc when out country walking.

Car Driving Simulator 2015
Car Driving Simulator 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!, 26 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Car Driving Simulator 2015 (App)
🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊This is the best game ever you have to get this hard to control at first but I got used to it you can do pretty much anything in it YOU NEED TO GET THIS🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊 VERY PLEASED!!!!!!!!!

ZOM-B (Zom B Book 1)
ZOM-B (Zom B Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing story-line but a bit to much swearing for my like ing, 15 Oct. 2015
Good plot but to much swearing
I picked the book but I will be reading another author now as I have already read the saga of Darren shan.

The PA
The PA

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the hype! This is the book of the year, 17 July 2014
This review is from: The PA (Kindle Edition)
This is the book of the moment. Everyone is talking about it and I didn't want to miss out.
I'm not sure what the previous reviewer who complained about bad language thought she was buying? This isn't a children's book.
If you're an adult who lives in the real world then the language in this book won't shock you - although the behaviour of some of the characters just might!
From the very start I was gripped by the narrative and submerged into the very real world of the City of London PA.
Miss Knowles doesn't pull any punches. This is a warts and all account of what it's like to be a PA to some of London's most high powered individuals. A great read and a true story as well.
Definitely recommended!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2014 7:47 PM BST

Minecraft - Pocket Edition
Minecraft - Pocket Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Minecraft - Pocket Edition (App)
I think Minecraft is a must have for all gamers and since I got the game I have been playing it forever! BUY IT NOW!!!! More importantly this game is totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How to Make Money: The 88 Steps to Get Rich and Find Success
How to Make Money: The 88 Steps to Get Rich and Find Success
by Felix Dennis

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome wisdom in bite sized chunks, 22 Nov. 2013
The people writing negative reviews of this book are missing the point. Yes the chapters are short and it's a quick read, but that is a positive not a negative for me.

You can read this book in one sitting if you wish, I managed to finish it during a two hour rail journey, and I felt very inspired by the time I reached my destination (I kicked ass in that meeting).

If you want more Felix Dennis has already been very generous with his full story in How To Get Rich. I read that first and loved it. This book is pretty much a summary of that with the wisdom from that book broken down into bite sized chunks. Dennis is the real deal, he's not some marketing guy who's made money by selling books. He's a true business maverick and entrepreneur who has amassed his own great fortune from scratch and is happy to tell anyone who wants to listen how he did it. That is generosity as far as i am concerned.

After that initial quick read I have come back to this book time and time again. It's brilliant for picking up for a quick burst of inspiration. I have also gifted this book to several friends who i felt were in need of a little business wisdom. It's perfect as a gift because if I gave them How To Be Rich they may be intimidated by it's size but this book can be quickly adsorbed.

To summarise, if you're expecting War and Peace don't buy this, but if you are looking for a quick read which will impart some real wisdom and leave you feeling inspired then this can't be bettered. One of my all time favourite books.

Blogger: Beyond the Basics: Customize and promote your blog with original templates, analytics, advertising, and SEO (From Technologies to Solutions)
by Lee Jordan

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 11 July 2008
This book is a little more expensive than some of the other books about blogger on the market at the moment but believe me, it's worth the extra cash.
I found some of the other titles far too simple. they only really tell you what you already know if you've already used blogger.
But with this book I was able to add great features to my blog such as a three column template and custom domain. I have also lost the annoying nav bar.
Great book highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes You Get Up Off Your Backside, 19 Jun. 2008
I love this book. The other reviewers who have moaned about the simplicity of some of the ideas are totally missing the point. The author isn't claiming to be a contender for the next Nobel prize. Instead he is celebrating the kind of ideas all of us - every one of us - can and do have every day.
The difference between him and the rest of us is he doesn't just dream about it, he makes it happen. That's why this is a true inspiration. If this doesn't make you think "I could do that" then nothing will. Buy this book and turn those dreams into reality.

Page: 1 | 2