Profile for Designer Dave > Reviews

Content by Designer Dave

Designer Dave

Black Rapid Arm Defense (BRAD)
Black Rapid Arm Defense (BRAD)

4.0 out of 5 stars It is very good quality, fits perfectly and does what it says, 3 Jun. 2016
I bought this after finding that my Blackrapid strap kept moving around when I was sat in a vehicle (on safari) which was only to be expected as there is no weight on it keeping the shoulder pad in place whilst seated.
I found that this add-on strap does help keep the pad in the correct position although it does need a little more practice putting the strap over your head in the first place.
It is very good quality, fits perfectly and does what it says, I gave it 4 stars because I feel it's a little overpriced for what it is. Some Blackrapid camera straps do come with this extra strap included and if I'd have realised I wouldn't have bought the strap and the BRAD separately as I believe it worked out a more expensive way of doing it in my case.

Canon Original Genuine Ink Cartridges for Pixma MG6150 / MG6250 / MG8150 / MG8250 Printers - Multicoloured (Pack of 6)
Offered by InkData

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, just wish canon weren't so tight!, 30 Jun. 2011
Got these cartridges at a good price (compared to other suppliers of the same product) with speedy delivery. Canon quality and performance as expected, it's just the size of the cartridges is so tiny you have to buy them too often! Why on a printer the size of the MG8150 you have a set of miniature cartridges is beyond me, apart from the obvious cynical conclusion. The printer itself is capable of stunning results, especially on good photo paper, come on Canon, make it cost effective to use it and give us more ink!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2011 1:03 PM BST

Canon PIXMA MG8150 All-In-One Wi-Fi Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy and Scan)
Canon PIXMA MG8150 All-In-One Wi-Fi Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy and Scan)

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon MG8150 WiFi Colour Photo printer, 19 April 2011
Bought this as a replacement for an aging Epson photo printer after reading a review in Amateur Photographer magazine. I knew it was going to be big and I wasn't wrong! Make sure you know where you can put it first ! Remember that the flap folds down on the front and there is a sheet feeder which sticks out at the back too.
I found the set-up very straight forward, I'm running it wirelessly so my daughter can print from her Win7 laptop without me having to upgrade my Win XP just for her homework! You appear to have to pick wireless or wired, I initially planned to do both, but found a. I couldn't, and b. I didn't really need to.
Photo print quality is excellent, both on the supplied sample sheets and on some Epson paper I had left. It's also very quick compared to what I'm used to.
Scanning is also very good. Haven't tried the negative scanner adapter yet (35mm only) although it looks a decent bit of kit and stows away in the lid when not in use.
Only concern is the ink cartridges are very small for an apparently large printer and I think they seem to be going down quite quickly (according to the built-in meter display) and I haven't had a serious photo printing session yet. Might get expensive.
Bundled software takes up more room on the HD than I expected, but works very well for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2011 10:18 PM BST