Profile for Gwenny > Reviews

Content by Gwenny

Gwenny

Page: 1 | 2
Positive Shrinking: A Story that Will Change Your Relationship with Food Forever
by Kevin Laye

5.0 out of 5 stars Supporting a Lifestyle Change, 21 Mar. 2016
A tedious couple of years thankfully now behind me led to a change in eating habits that has not done my waist line or my relationship with the bathroom scales any good at all. I had adopted the comfort eating regime of chasing eagerly from one end of a packet of biscuits to the other, supporting chocolate manufacturers to the point of no doubt contributing to their not slim profit margins and never leaving a scrap of food on my plate. The meal having been eaten at a fast pace and if I am honest hardly noticed. Despite life improving, my eating habits hadn't returned to a sensible protocol. I have watched friends try wholeheartedly with different diets only to rebound to tubbiness in the months after quitting the diet. A different approach was called for. A bit of internet research led to the discovery of 'Positive Shrinking'. Written as a story of two friends meeting up it introduces tapping sequences and intuition over the food they eat and the stress they cope with along with sensible eating strategies and visualisation techniques. If you can't learn the tapping right from within the text then the exercises are set out again at the end of the book. It is not a mammoth book to wade through and so very approachable.
Some reviewers have criticised the grammar and punctuation. I don't. The story needs to flow, to sink into your mind and it certainly does.
I am really impressed. I carried out the food craving tapping and the visualisation that goes with it and I can honestly say that in two weeks I have only had one piece of chocolate cake. I didn't enjoy it. I have bought no more chocolate and that isn't due to avoiding shops! It is safe to say that chocolate just isn't interesting me. Having taken on board other eating strategies suggested I have lost my first two pounds of weight and saved several pounds of cash too. A further major point is that in just this period of time I have regained my feel full sensation and I am not eating like the pig who gets mentioned in the book! I would thoroughly recommend buying this book. Open your mind to a totally different approach and see where it takes you.

Success in my hands: A journey to find my own peace and freedom
Success in my hands: A journey to find my own peace and freedom
by Richard Cook

4.0 out of 5 stars If you have areas of your life that you feel need 'tweaking' or areas that you feel need a full 'refurbishment' then this is a g, 26 Jan. 2016
If you want a direct A to Z biography this isn't the book for you. If you want a read that is ecstatically positive, enthusiastic and quite mind blowing about how Richard has turned his life around then this is the read for you. If you have areas of your life that you feel need 'tweaking' or areas that you feel need a full 'refurbishment' then this is a good book to delve into as it provides an amazingly full reading list and ideas for websites that might be useful to you amalgamated by Richard who has investigated them for his own use and is now sharing them with us. I always like the idea of 'test and tried'! Even if you don't feel you need to change at all or 'grow on' I'd say give it a read, the warmth and enthusiasm in the writing is infectious and I enjoyed reading a book by someone who like me believes it is good to smile and that one smile can bring more smiles. Even better that it raises funds for Help for Heroes. Thanks for writing your book Richard.
As I wrote a while ago. I was impressed by the amazingly full reading list. Well, I went on to buy a book by one of the authors that Richard recommended and I can happily report that I have taken on board the advice in the book and am now not chocolate dependent to get through a day in the office and my whole approach to eating is changing for the better in a non diet battling way. Thank you Richard for sharing your discoveries via your book.

Stories for Christmas
Stories for Christmas
by Alison Uttley

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely magical, 26 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Stories for Christmas (Hardcover)
Absolutely magical. A step back to 'real' Christmas. Beautifully descriptive and creative imagery. Just lovely.

Springer Spaniels (Dogs)
Springer Spaniels (Dogs)
by Jenny MacKendrick

5.0 out of 5 stars A spaniel thinking read!, 26 Jan. 2016
A great gift to a friend who has springer spaniels and one I had to chuckle over before I wrapped it up. A real fun book by someone who knows springer spaniels!

The Best Dog Diet Ever by Caroline Griffith: Designed by Nature, Fed by You: Volume 1
by Miss Caroline Griffith

5.0 out of 5 stars If you buy one book on natural raw feeding make it this one!, 18 Jan. 2015
If you buy one book on natural raw feeding for dogs I would make this the book. The book is written in a straightforward style that is easy to understand. The biology section is well illustrated and really makes it clear just how the dogs digestive tract functions. Next you read about what the dog needs to have the chance of optimum digestive health. Then you learn just how to go about providing the best diet for your dog. The fact that the diet is just what nature intended encourages you to step out of the zone of commercial dog food and away from a good health suppressing diet (my opinion). When you order your copy if you were feeling generous it might be a good idea to order one for your vet as well. Read the book, you will find out why!

Buck [DVD]
Buck [DVD]
Dvd ~ Buck Brannaman
Offered by Dogwoof Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to the work of Buck Brannaman, 11 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Buck [DVD] (DVD)
A great introduction to the work of Buck Brannaman. Opens your eyes and your mind and leaves you wanting more.

Permaculture in a Nutshell: 1
Permaculture in a Nutshell: 1
by Patrick Whitefield

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 24 Jan. 2014
Until recently I confess the word permaculture didn't mean much to me but a quick look at a friends Permaculture magazine had me wanting to find out more and this book is proving a fascinating read. I will certainly be making small steps towards incorporating permaculture in my life. It would be crazy not too. I would say it really is a good guide for a beginner.

A.Vogel BioSnacky Small Germinator Jar
A.Vogel BioSnacky Small Germinator Jar
Offered by Blue Herbs

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, 24 Jan. 2014
I am pleased with theBiosnacky small germinator jar and my first 'crop' is 'sown'! These are a selection of bigger seeds - mung bean etc. I have concerns that alfa alfa seeds being tiny may disappear through the holes in the sieve as the holes are quite large.

VonShef Solid Granite Pestle and Mortar 14cm Diameter
VonShef Solid Granite Pestle and Mortar 14cm Diameter
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 17 Sept. 2013
I had been the owner of a 'flimsy' pestle and mortar and felt it was time to upgrade. I am delighted with this purchase. It is beautifully shaped and made and makes a lovely item to look at. It is very heavy with a beautiful shine to the outside and the roughened inside certainly makes the operation of it much more efficient. I see years of happy pounding ahead! It arrived very promptly and was very well packaged

British Insects: A photographic guide to every common species (Collins Complete Guide)
by Michael Chinery

4.0 out of 5 stars Bees could be the weakness!, 20 Aug. 2013
I am new to investigating what insect I am looking at and I am finding this book very useful. The beetle, moth, butterfly, caterpillar sections are brilliant. The pictures are clear and the descriptions are helpful. However, I am not so impressed with the pictures of bees. I don't feel that the majority of the pictures being sideways on gives you the best chance of identifying them. I think a view from above would be more useful. I almost felt that bees in this book are a 'bolt on'.

Page: 1 | 2