Profile for MR L T SMITH > Reviews

Content by MR L T SMITH

MR L T SMITH

A Dictionary of Law 8/e (Oxford Quick Reference)
A Dictionary of Law 8/e (Oxford Quick Reference)
by Jonathan Law

5.0 out of 5 stars The light in the mist., 3 Jun. 2015
Essential for any law student.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Have run out of excuses not to exercise., 3 Jun. 2015
Perfect for the gym.

HIP FLASK - Novelty Gift Boxed Cufflinks
HIP FLASK - Novelty Gift Boxed Cufflinks
Offered by JUST4YOU-GIFTS LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them., 3 Jun. 2015
Great little novelty cufflinks. Nice weight, quality feel.

Betron B750s Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Tangle Free, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Put simply, you won't find better for cheaper., 3 Jun. 2015
I found these headphones whilst looking for a quick and cheap alternative when my current ear buds spectacularly bit the dust.

I already own a set of quality over ear headphones but I use these mostly for at home or on long plane/train journeys. I wanted a set of decent headphones at a reasonable price for going to and from work with, taking to the gym etc etc.

I came across the Betron B750s and what immediately caught my eye was the amount of positive reviews for so cheap a product. I've been put off in the past by in ear headphones as I've found them uncomfortable, and opted more for either buds or over ear headphones. All I can say is, how glad I am that I didn't let this put me off.

It's difficult I find to review something like this in terms of sound quality...because depending on who you are, you want different things from a set of headphones. Be it the deep base of a set of Beats or the crisp mids from a set of Sennheisers, everyone wants something a little different depending on their tastes in music. I'm a bit of a mixed bag, from Metallica to Chopin, I like a bit of everything. These headphones are bassy....really bassy...but not at the expense of sound quality.The bass doesn't completely envelop the rest of what's happening on the track, the sound quality is very clear and doesn't distort with volume. Dance tracks sound incredible, you can really feel the distortion in rock and metal tracks, and you truly disappear with anything classical, thanks in part to the great noise cancellation.

The headphones themselves have a nice weight to them, made of metal which gives them a real quality feel. The anti-tangle wires are great. I'm a massive sceptic when it comes to anti-tangle; those tangle fairies will find you and tangle anything they can. Not so with these headphones. They spend most of their life thrown in my coat pocket.

Writing this in a rush so apologies for the lack of structure, but to some up, you won't find better for cheaper and they rival some of the big name in ear headphones. Very pleased I dared to go outside of my comfort zone.

Mercy
Mercy

4.0 out of 5 stars Drones will be a return to form., 29 May 2015
This review is from: Mercy (MP3 Download)
The first 3 songs of Drones have an air of nostalgia about them following the Marmite of the 2nd Law and yet, whilst it's definitely sounding more like the Muse of old, it's not a complete departure from their experimental last album (which I enjoyed) with hints of 80s electro still rife.

Mercy, then. Not as good as Dead Inside or Psycho, but still pretty darn catchy. A song that will grow on you rather than be an instant floor stomper.

Very much looking forward to release date to hear the rest of what is sure to be another epic album.

Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 inch Tablet - White (16GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)
Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 inch Tablet - White (16GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)
Offered by deep deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for the Tab 2 rather than the Tab 3....., 6 Nov. 2013
This is my first tab and, like many, I was unsure which to go for.

The tablet wars seem to be between the iPad, the various Samsung tabs and the Google Nexus. I love Android and I'm not Apple's biggest fan so that narrowed it down to the Nexus and Galaxy tabs and I ended up going for the Samsung.

Now, Samsung tab 1, 2, 3 or Note and what size?! Decisions decisions. For me the size was the easy question and it had to be the 10.1......not for any Freudian predisposition with size or anything, but more so that anything small would just feel like a bigger version of my smart phone.

With Tab 1 now aging it was between Tab 2 and 3.....obviously newer is better right? Well...perhaps...but it all depends on what you want the tab for. The only real differences I can see after looking at the specs for each are as follows:

Slightly better processor (1GHZ v 1.6GHZ)
Slightly better front facing camera (VGA v 1.3 MP)
Micro USB charging point v Samsung 20 pin point
Different type of display.
Tab 3 is SLIGHTLY lighter and SLIGHTLY thinner.

....and that's it really. RAM: same. Hard Drive: same.

OK so processor, having tried both instore the tab 3 is SLIGHTLY faster, but not so much that it's noticeable....the front facing camera I would only use for things like Skype (nobody needs to see my mug with more pixels) and who uses their tab to take pictures anyway? It looks ridiculous. The Micro USB is a plus for the Tab 3 but you can always get a 2 quid adaptor to make up for it on the Tab 2 so it isn't really a fact. The display change I didn't really notice and I think unless you're a real techno buff you generally won't see a difference. The weight and thickness changes are so minute they aren't even worth mentioning but to try and cover all bases.

So.....in my honest opinion the Tab 3 is Samsung's iPhone 5 to 5s upgrade. A few upgrades, but nothing ground breaking. Save yourself £100.00 and plump for the Galaxy Tab 2.
To review the tab itself it's immense. Light, portable, battery lasts forever, crisp quality screen, quick, looks great, plenty of accessories, quick to charge.

I've recently purchased the Samsung keyboard from Amazon and it has pretty much transformed it into a touch screen net book, separate review on that product to follow! Thanks Samsung!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2013 8:54 PM GMT