Profile for AngieM > Reviews

Content by AngieM

AngieM

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Children of the After: Awakening (book 1)
Children of the After: Awakening (book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 5 Dec. 2014
This book grabbed my attention and kept me reading. It's a good idea by the author to offer the first book in the series as a freebie as I will definitely download the second one and just hope that the subsequent books are as good.

Silent as the Grave (Eden House Mysteries Book 1)
Silent as the Grave (Eden House Mysteries Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Old-Fashioned, 5 Dec. 2014
Not a bad read but the main characters just became more and more annoying and the ending was completely flat. It was difficult to gauge when this book is supposed to be set - there was a reference to typewriters and carbon paper and no references made at all to modern technology such as mobile phones, internet etc so it made the book feel too old fashioned.

The sub-plot/love story was extremely corny and didn't add anything to the story.

Children of the Folded Valley
Children of the Folded Valley

4.0 out of 5 stars Different and enjoyable, 5 Dec. 2014
I thought this was a really good book - it was certainly different, combining a sci-fi/fantasy and cult element. I felt the author created characters who were believable and I actually felt sympathetic towards them. I would recommend this.

Too Close to Home (The Forensic Files Book 1)
Too Close to Home (The Forensic Files Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Written by naive teenager?, 5 Dec. 2014
NB Review contains spoilers. Poor storyline and poor writing. There were too many typo and grammatical errors which kept distracting me, although it didn't take much given that I was getting bored of the book within a few chapters. I felt this book was written by a very naïve teenager as a number of the scenarios were just laughable and the plot very weak.

For example when the second student, Ron, was found hanging, why on earth did the main police characters have to go through the school year book to identify him? Why not just ask the head or one of the other teachers?

The discussion between the pathologist and Carma made me laugh out loud - there was a sort of "hallelujah" moment when they suggested that the first victim had been dragged by her hair and suggested that the pathologist check the scalp of the victim to see if there were any bare patches. Come on - surely any post mortem would pick up all injuries particularly large bald patches on the scalp. I'm no forensic expert but have watched enough episodes of CSI to know that the hair is combed through to pick up any evidence and missing clumps of hair would have been spotted.

The arrest and subsequent suicide of the character Mike was just jaw droppingly awful; a completely unoriginal way of getting rid of a character who, under normal circumstances, would have called a lawyer and been released within minutes through lack of evidence.

This book is truly awful and I wouldn't waste my time reading it - if I could have rated zero stars then I would have.

The Good Lawyer: A Novel
The Good Lawyer: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this, 17 Jun. 2014
I'm a fan of lawyer/courtroom drama type novels and thought I would give this a go as it was free when I downloaded it although I didn't get round to reading it for a few months. I thoroughly enjoyed this - I liked the main character and felt that the ins and outs of the American legal system were explained well without going into the unnecessary tedious detail that some books do.

I've recommended this one to a number of friends and am looking forward to future books by this author.

BARGAINS-GALORE® 10 X GARDEN SOLAR POST LIGHTS RECHARGEABLE LAMPS S/S TUBE PATIO OUTDOOR SECURITY
Offered by Desire-London

4.0 out of 5 stars Look great in the garden, 21 May 2014
These were good value for money and currently all of them are working. One had broken during delivery but it was easily fixed with a bit of glue. Great for the garden.

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
by Aimee Bender

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 15 Mar. 2014
Our book club decided to read this as it had got good write ups. I don't think any of us enjoyed it particularly. Over-rated in my opinion.

Modella Dancing Queen Weekender
Modella Dancing Queen Weekender

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 15 Mar. 2014
This was bought as part of a matching set (make up bag) and intended as a gift. The recipient loved it and I think I might buy one for myself.

Modella Dancing Queen Cosmetic Organiser
Modella Dancing Queen Cosmetic Organiser

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 15 Mar. 2014
I bought this as a gift for someone and they really liked it. Wouldn't mind one for myself either. Good purchase.

RSPCA What's Up with My Cat?
RSPCA What's Up with My Cat?
by Bruce Fogle

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, 15 Mar. 2014
This is an easy to follow book for diagnosing general problems with your cat. The book is well laid out and includes a series of flow charts to help make a diagnosis and decide whether or not vet treatment is required.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19