Profile for James McCallum > Reviews

Perfect!

H2O H2O-100 Power Water Pressure Powered Shower Radio
H2O H2O-100 Power Water Pressure Powered Shower Radio

3.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic idea., 4 Dec. 2012
I received one of these as a christmas present last year. It worked fantastically for a month or so, then stopped. I replaced/recharged the battery as I reasoned that it wasn't getting enough charge. This solved the situation the first time but second and subsequent recharges didn't work. It was then that I noticed water in the battery compartment. I tried putting PTFE tape on all the connections and making sure that there were washers everywhere there could be. But this didn't solve the problem. I wrote to the manufacturer and they said they were happy to exchange the unit as there was probably a crack in the case. I didn't return it as I live overseas and it was cheaper just to buy a replacement than to send the original back.
The second one arrived, and worked perfectly. i could see that they had updated the design, and figured that they had sorted out all the problems. Unfortunately, not. This radio stopped working after a month or so. I tried recharging the battery but to no avail. Currently the unit vaguely works, sometimes and then rapidly loses power, although the shower is on full blast.
I will not pay for another one but, I will send both units back next time I am in the UK and hopefully they will send a replacement that works.

When this product works, it is brilliant. But unfortunately they seem to be having a few design/assembly problems.

Cateye Rear Battery-Powered Bike Light TL-LD 130, Red
Cateye Rear Battery-Powered Bike Light TL-LD 130, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent choice., 18 Feb. 2012
This is a brilliant little light.
Other reviewers have commented on the fact that it comes with a belt clip instead of a bracket. This was exactly what I needed.
If you have a tool bag under your saddle you will probably find that this clip is the perfect way to attach a light to your bike.
The light is simple to use and seems very bright.

Kryptonite Kryptoflex Resettable Combo Cable Lock with Bracket (12 mm x 180 cm)
Kryptonite Kryptoflex Resettable Combo Cable Lock with Bracket (12 mm x 180 cm)

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems solid., 18 Feb. 2012
This lock arrived today. The lock itself seems sturdy and the dials turn easily and lock into each number with a confident click.
I am certain that it will be suitable to deter the casual thief which is all I need.
Mounting the bracket was another matter. the plastic is inflexible and awkward. It took well over half an hour to attach to my bike although now it seems to be well attached.
Connecting the lock to the bracket is also a bit of a challenge, but, once it finally clicks in place it seems secure.

Klipsch Image X1m Headset with built-in mic (iPhone Compatible)
Klipsch Image X1m Headset with built-in mic (iPhone Compatible)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent earphones with mic., 22 May 2010
I have only had these for a few days but, they seem excellent.
The sound quality is great, both for the earphones and the mic.
The only two things I have found are;
It is important to try the different size earpieces as they make a huge difference to the sound.
It is important to use the provided clip to tether the mic to your clothes, especially if you are moving around.

Pepi, Luci, Bom [DVD]
Pepi, Luci, Bom [DVD]
Dvd ~ Carmen Maura
Offered by babsbargains - *Domestic, EU & International Shipping*

4.0 out of 5 stars cult viewing, 14 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Pepi, Luci, Bom [DVD] (DVD)
This is a superb film, tricky to describe but funny, kinky, sad... My only reason for dropping a star is the subtitles. It would be good to have the choice of English or Spanish but, in this case it is English or English.