Profile for Halo Jones > Reviews

Content by Halo Jones

Halo Jones (London)

Buffalo MiniStation Extreme 500GB USB 3.0 Slim 2.5 inch Portable Hard Drive - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit, 16 Dec. 2013
Love this. No danger of losing USB cable as it is attached (a previous bugbear for me). Has received a bit of a battering during transport on the back of a bike and even been knocked off my desk a couple of times onto a tiled floor but still works perfectly. Good colour as well so i can spot it amongst the usual black boxes that litter my work area. Highly recommended.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 - Frustration Free Packaging (3 Multi Device, 1 Year subscription) (PC/Mac/Android)

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have believed what I read, 16 Dec. 2013
Before I purchased kaspersky I read the reviews on amazon as well as professional websites. All the professional sites praised the product, the only doubters were some on amazon complaining about the impact on their system. Well, I thought, I have a fairly new well specced PC I won't have any trouble. So I bought and installed it. To be fair it did prevent viruses, however the method for doing this seems to be to slow down my connection so much it timed out and so I never managed to connect to the internet. It also caused the entire system to slow down with the mouse pointer jerking across the screen and windows taking an age to open. Uninstalled and everything back to normal. After messing about for a day I have now junked it and bought and installed Bullguard which is performing flawlessly. A complete waste of £25. Why didn't I listen?!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2014 5:11 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jeans, 24 Dec. 2012
They fit, look good, they're 501s. Nothing more to say. Except that I apparently require ten more words before submitting.

Apple iPad 3 Grip Folio Cover with Kick Stand Case, Blue, STM
Apple iPad 3 Grip Folio Cover with Kick Stand Case, Blue, STM

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect protection, 24 Dec. 2012
Bought this after seeing reviews and would agree with them 100%. Got a blue one as it was the cheapest and it really makes it easy to find in the chaos of my life. Ipad feels really secure in it and the texture makes it easy to carry, confident it won't slip out of my hand. Haven't dropped it (yet) but the case seems robust. Couldn't be happier with this. It was also delivered really quickly.

Potette Plus 2-in-1 Travel Potty (Pink/Purple)
Potette Plus 2-in-1 Travel Potty (Pink/Purple)
Offered by Daisybabyshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 29 July 2010
Bought as a travel potty for 2 yr old daughter. Absolutely brilliant. Sets up securely whether as potty or toilet seat and she is more than happy to use it. Folds down small and is light. I would recommend this without hesitation.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and it works, 11 July 2010
Cheapest I could find and works as well as the one I stupidly bought for £15 a couple of months ago for another TV. Nothing more to say really - buy it.

Assassin's Creed - Platinum Edition (PS3)
Assassin's Creed - Platinum Edition (PS3)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars save up for A.C.2, 28 Jan. 2010
Great at first but gets really repetitive quite quickly. Am currently playing assassin's creed 2 and it is light years better - one of the best games I've ever played, and I've played a lot. So my advice is to save up for AC2 rather than buying this.

Braun Series 3 310 Rechargeable Foil Electric Shaver
Braun Series 3 310 Rechargeable Foil Electric Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 23 Oct. 2009
This is my first electric shaver for about 20 years and I am loving it! Gives a much better shave than I had been led to expect, but then I have quite a light beard. Used to wet shave every other day but have to use this every day. This is not a chore however as it only takes about 3 minutes and I find it less faff than wet shaving. Haven't quite perfected the neck area yet, there's a definite nack. Have to be careful not to press too hard or it is a bit sore on the neck but have been told my skin will get used to it. Have only charged it once and it has lasted 9 days so far. Overall a great product at a great price.

Philips HD4671/20 Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 W , 1.7 L - Brushed Metal
Philips HD4671/20 Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 W , 1.7 L - Brushed Metal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 23 Oct. 2009
Bought this kettle after my last one (RH) stopped turning off on boiling. This is a great kettle! Boils really quickly and, despite what some people say, it is much quieter than other quick boil kettles - more of a deep rumble than the high pitched noises of others. The 'eco' measurements are a bit odd in that 1 cup doesn't give enough for 1 mug of tea but 2 cups gives enough for 2!?! Pours well, easy to clean inside and light. As pleased as you can be with a kettle.