Profile for HayleyJA > Reviews

Content by HayleyJA

HayleyJA

Page: 1 | 2
Behind Closed Doors: The gripping psychological thriller everyone is raving about

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost a success, 4 April 2016
I struggled with this book and even now I am a bit confused about how I feel about it. The outline of the story is good; it did keep me reading and I did want to know what happened next and how the story ended, but there were some other major problems. I thought the writing was poor. "She did this....He did that...she felt x....He felt y." And then on the other hand, rather than explicitly telling us things as is the general norm throughout the book, some parts felt jolty - like there just wasn't enough text for us to even vaguely infer what was going on. As others have touched on, the back story was poorly researched too. Was Jack a solictor or a QC? What kind of 'asylum' did he intend to send Millie to?

It's an easy read. It didn't take loads of concentration and didn't pull on my emotions too much, so if that's what you're after then go for it. But unfortunately, if you do want a something a bit more complex and gritty, I feel the writing lets it down; a good story, poorly written.

Large Punch balloons assorted colours pack of 10
Large Punch balloons assorted colours pack of 10
Offered by Right Goods Right Price

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend. Not as described and poor quality., 6 Feb. 2016
Really disappointed. Ordered for party prizes. Firstly, they had designs on them - people playing football and smiley faces etc. Not what I would have chosen for my daughters party if I'd have known. And secondly, they are weak and flimsy. At least 5 of the 20 burst within a hour. They weren't over inflated or being played with too frantically. One burst and actually hurt my (adult) sister which is really the reason I am writing this review. Not only are they poor quality, but they caused hurt. Would not recommend.

Magmagic Building Block Magnetic Toys, 30 Piece Starter Inspire Kit, Preschool Skills Educational Game Construction Stacking Sets
Offered by Golden box

4.0 out of 5 stars Good creative toy, 3 Jan. 2016
Hours of fun for 3 kids of Christmas. (Age 2 4 and 6.) Am definitely going to look at buying further sets as they brought a lot of enjoyment for all ages.

Negatives were delivery time a little slower than I'd have liked, and only packaged in a jiffy bag so box was slightly crushed in transit.

Asmodee Dobble Card Game
Asmodee Dobble Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect game, 3 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Dobble Card Game (Toy)
Fab game. The whole family joined it - and got frustrated that the youngest player (aged 4) seemed to be the best!

Highly recommend. Good for taking out and about too.... great to play in cafés and restaurants while waiting for food.

Fusion5 Kidlet® - 7" Quad-core Kids Tablet PC - 4 colors of Inter-changeable Gel Covers - 8GB Storage - Android Kitkat - Wifi, Bluetooth - Stylus Pen - Earphones, Stylus Pen & many more - A tablet PC designed keeping Kids in Mind!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 3 Jan. 2016
Purchased two in November for childs christmas presents. Obviously hadn't used them to any real extent until the last week or so as they were a gift (had checked they switched on before then.)

However, they don't run smoothly, apps keep crashing and battery life is very disappointing.

In some respects I wish I had saved my money and bought better quality tablets.

On the plus side, the simple pre installed games work well, and the girls love the different coloured protective cases.

However, on the whole I would not recommend.

A Great Big Cuddle: Poems for the Very Young
A Great Big Cuddle: Poems for the Very Young
by Michael Rosen

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book!, 23 Oct. 2015
Lucky enough to borrow this from the library this morning and even on first read through, my 4 and 5 year old girls were totally gripped, doing proper belly laughs at some of the characters. Think it'll definitely be feature on their joint Christmas list this year; I'd highly recommend!

On the Night You Were Born
On the Night You Were Born
by Nancy Tillman
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect book for parents and children, 5 Oct. 2015
The text is descriptive...beautiful, emotional and heartfelt, though I wonder if the detail is slightly too deep for my 4 and 5 year old.... However, they still adore the book for its artwork and sentiment. They know it's about them being special to me, and we love reading it together.

Talking about the artwork, it's absolutely delightful. Since buying this book we now have a Nancy Tillman print in the house too.

Highly recommend to anyone!

Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005]
Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Piet De Rycker

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 5 Oct. 2015
Beautiful film. My 5 year old was so completely immersed in the emotion of the story that she actually got tearful when Laura realised she needed to let the star go back to the sky! She was gripped for the whole 75 ish mins and seems to have remembered every tiny detail. Would highly recommend for 5 and above. Slightly too deep for a child under that age, though would still be a pleasant watch.

Meadow Kids Dressing Up Bath Stickers
Meadow Kids Dressing Up Bath Stickers

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun bath activity, 5 Oct. 2015
Great little bath activity... more involved and creative than cups and jugs. My 4 and 5 year old enjoy dressing the people and making up little stories about them.

Only reason I've given 4 stars over 5 is that the pieces don't stick to the edge of the bath as well as they do the tiles.

Toilet Seat Soft Close White Durable Design - Easy Clean Installation
Toilet Seat Soft Close White Durable Design - Easy Clean Installation
Offered by Better Bathrooms Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 7 Sept. 2015
I was worried about whether I'd be able to fit this myself. I'm a not-particularly-handy woman and had visions of me getting stumped by a loo seat! But I needn't have worried. It's easy, but very secure and not at all flimsy. It's comfortable and easy to clean. Everything I need from a toilet seat!

Page: 1 | 2