Profile for F. Mansfield > Reviews

Content by F. Mansfield

F. Mansfield (Greece)

Were the First People Swimmers?: An Illustrated Introduction to Elaine Morgan's Aquatic Ape Theory of Human Evolution
by judy kaul

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for all young children!, 4 July 2014
This is a great introduction to AAT for children, and of course to the most credible aspect of human evolution to have been put forward so far. The pictures are great and the text easy to follow. I bought it for my niece. I haven't heard her reaction yet, but I certainly enjoyed it!

The Sun Also Rises
The Sun Also Rises
by Ernest Hemingway

2.0 out of 5 stars Hemingway is brilliant, but I don't rate the publisher, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Sun Also Rises (Paperback)
I love Hemingway, and this is a fantastic novel - some say one of the best first novels ever written. I enjoyed the story immensely and anyone unfamiliar with Hemingway should find his style unpretentious and inspiring. He writes about what he loves and what he experiences but without unnecessary description or sentiment. It is what it is.

However, this printed version was full of mistakes. There were typos on practically every page: spelling, punctuation, paragraph breaks, dialogue lines, etc. Also the typeface was small and the lines too close together making it uncomfortable on the eyes. All this took away the enjoyment of reading this book. I would recommend Hemingway but I would not get it from this publisher.

Ceremonials (2CD Deluxe Edition)
Ceremonials (2CD Deluxe Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ceremonials immerses you in music, 24 Nov. 2011
I wasn't sure if it was possible for Florence to surpass 'Lungs' but I needn't have worried. Though I can't say that I think it's better than Lungs, I do think it's a fantastic album and I haven't stopped playing it since I got it. On the whole, I would say it's a slightly more 'conceptual' album, and it's definitely something to listen to if you are by a beach, a river, a lake or at sea. Water is the conceptual emotion of the album, along with drowning, which is how you feel when you immerse yourself in the music. Drowning in the experience. The experience is Florence. This album has a slightly more 'American' sound than Lungs (which was very English), and I am sure this album will guarantee Florence's success across the pond. I think it already has. Can't wait to see her on tour.

Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Jamie's enthusiasm, 25 Feb. 2011
Jamie's enthusiasm when it comes to food is infectious, and his use of pure fresh ingredients to make striking yet simple and delicious meals, is always wonderful. Love this book.

Ramsay's Best Menus
Ramsay's Best Menus
by Gordon Ramsay

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and easy menu ideas, 25 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Ramsay's Best Menus (Hardcover)
This book offers a great way to plan a 3 course meal without shuffling between pages and getting everything sticky!

The Aquatic Ape Hypothesis: Most Credible Theory of Human Evolution
The Aquatic Ape Hypothesis: Most Credible Theory of Human Evolution
by Elaine Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth behind human evolution, 16 Feb. 2010
The only thing that is amazing to me is how mainstream scientists continue to reject the evidence for our evolution that Elaine Morgan presents so well in this book. It's the only theory that stands up under scrutiny, and as someone else mentioned, it should be taught in schools. Understanding the aquatic phase of our evolution also helps to explain why we are so 'different' from other terrestial mammals, and shows the links with other aquatic ones. Recognising our place in the greater scheme of things may also help us to become a better species! Elaine Morgan has done an excellent job of helping us to recognise this place. Read the book!

The Naked Darwinist: Questions About Human Evolution
The Naked Darwinist: Questions About Human Evolution
by Elaine Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting reading for anyone who wants to know why the Aquatic Ape Theory is still being ignored., 12 Jan. 2010
The previous reviewer has said all there is to say about the topic. All I can add is that this book should not be the starting place to find out about the Aquatic Ape theory - Morgan's earlier books such as 'The Scars of Evolution', or 'The Aquatic Ape Hypothesis' lay out the arguments in more detail, yet this book does tell us where we are at - scientifically speaking - outlining our current state of evolutionary understanding - or lack of it.

Anyone who has been previously convinced by Morgan's arguments, yet remains in a state of exasparated confusion, unable to understand why these arguments are not yet mainstream, will find the answers here. It didn't take me long to read the whole book (it's more like an extended essay), but by the end I did want to get up on the highest platform and shout the arguments to the world: 'Wake up everyone! Why can't you see? It's so obvious!'

The Aquatic Ape Theory, or whatever name you choose to call it by, *will* become recognised as the main theory to explain human evolution, one day, soon. Morgan will have her day. I can only hope she'll still be alive to enjoy it.