Profile for R. Katbamna > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Ferplast Gabry 80 Gerbil Cage, 79 x 30.5 x 51.4 cm
Ferplast Gabry 80 Gerbil Cage, 79 x 30.5 x 51.4 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Packaging for a Great Gerbil Tank!, 23 Feb. 2016
We needed to upgrade the tank due to the two gerbils clearly requiring much more space. We originally bought the smaller version of this model when we got the guys and it proved to be a great tank that was incredibly durable and easy to clean (still in excellent condition a year and a half on). So it made sense to go with what had already been working for us.

Originally we had apprehension due to the other reviews stating their experience with the poor packaging that resulted in a damaged tank. We even cancelled the order, minutes after placing it as we had second thoughts and didn't want to go through the hassle of returning a possibly damage tank. We looked at a variety of alternative tanks including the zooplus range and if it wasn't for the wood platforms (which soak up the urine) or the wired platforms (which are just a serious hazard), we probably would have gone for them.

Of course we decided to eventually go with the Ferplast Gabry 80 and it arrived in an even bigger box than expected. To our surprise and relief, the tank was secured with mounds of air cushion bubble wrap to the point where the tank itself could not move and I assume was the case in transit. The first thing done was to check the glass for scratches or any other damage, fortunately there was none. The packaging was a big thumbs up and alleviated any qualms we had.

The tank itself is a wonderful size (79 x 30.5 x 51.4 cm) and is so easy to clean. The space also makes it great to add more things for activity purposes whether it's climbing accessories, hanging tubes, wheels, small cabins, tunnels etc. As soon as the gerbils entered the tank, they were visibly excited and probably relieved as shown by their 4 hours straight of playing and investigating their new home.

For anyone put off by this product due to packaging issues, all I say is that we had no issues and it's possible that Amazon have taken these past issues on board and implemented improvements. I have yet to see any legitimate complaints about the quality of the tank itself (only the packaging that has resulted in damage to the product). The tank is perfect for our two gerbils and they seem much more happy, enjoying the large space to leap and run. As mentioned before, it's so easy to light clean and deep clean with good access through the door should you want to reach inside.

The only minor issue is that the tank did not come with the black plastic protectors for the clip fasteners as mentioned by another reviewer. Fortunately, I used the two from our old tank and it works great.

All in all: strong and spacious.

Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics)
Macbeth (Wordsworth Classics)
by William Shakespeare

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bargain for a Greater Work!, 7 Aug. 2015
Ordered this yesterday morning and it arrived today as part of my free delivery.

The play itself isn't something I'll comment on, but the book itself is a good paperback material and regular customers of Wordsworth Classics will appreciate it.

All upsides as I bought a great work for only £1.89 (at the time of purchase).

12 Assorted Color Bandannas
12 Assorted Color Bandannas
Offered by Fashion Zone London

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Collection of Bandanas, 7 Aug. 2015
Great collection of bandanas that came in an array of colours.

I've seen that others have pointed out the white colouring/markings on some of the bandanas coming off after each wash. This is true in that it does come off very little at a time but for my use it's not something I'm bothered about. The material itself is fine and for a set of 12 at the price of £6.99 (what I paid at the time of purchase), I can't complain.

The Exorcist [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [1973] [Region Free]
The Exorcist [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [1973] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ellen Burstyn
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Landmark Film With Deserved Extras, 29 Sept. 2013
I was torn between purchasing a version of the Blu-ray that was £17.99 and this version £6.50. Reason being, the latter did not state whether it had the extended director's cut version along with all of the extras. However I chose to purchase this version [ASIN: B00BMVCYYG].

Now that I own this copy, I'm extremely satisfied and thought I'd do those who would like to know what's on this Blu-ray, a favour and list the details of what's on this version as it may prove helpful to some. I won't review the film as I don't think it needs one - it's The Exorcist and an excellent transfer considering original film stock.

Region Free + UV Copy

Disc 1:

Extended Director's Cut (2000 Version) 132 minutes
Raising Hell: Filming The Exorcist (Documentary)
The Exorcist Locations: Georgetown Then and Now (Documentary)
Faces of Evil: The Different Versions of The Exorcist (Documentary)
Commentary by Director William Friedkin

Disc 2:

Original Theatrical Cut (1973 Version) 122 minutes
Commentary by Director William Friedkin
Commentary by Producer/Writer William Peter Blatty
Feature Length 1998 Documentary - The Fer of God: The Making of The Exorcist
Interview Gallery Covering the Topics: The Original Cut, The Final Reckoning and Stairway to Heaven
Original Ending
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2015 6:31 PM BST

Staedtler Stick 430 F-9CP5 Fine Ballpoint Pen Fine - Black, Pack of 50
Staedtler Stick 430 F-9CP5 Fine Ballpoint Pen Fine - Black, Pack of 50

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for £9.13, 5 Jun. 2013
The box displays blue pens on the imagery, however inside contained 50 black pens as ordered - very much worth it.

All pens work (were used for various marketing consumer services).

Pride of the Underdog
Pride of the Underdog

5.0 out of 5 stars An Underexposed Classic!, 8 Jan. 2013
As a huge Asian Dub Foundation fan, I followed the career of former frontman Deeder Zaman. His debut album 'Minority Large' was proof that the ultra-talented musician could set forth his own path and create music that was and is both relevant and addictive.

With 'Pride of the Underdog', he's set the bar higher and most definitely achieved the goal put out soulful and masterfully produced audio bliss. It's a wonderful reminder that great music will live and breathe as long as artists like Deeder Zaman are still working tirelessly. The passion comes through on 'pride' and is large on it's ragga roots.

A song that has certainly stood out for me is 'Humble'. For me, it's always very good sign when I come across a song that I wish was longer and 'Humble' is undoubtedly it. The production, the lyrics, the aura collage together so beautiful that to class it as a song would only cheapen it... for me it's an experience into the audiocentric core.

The additional touches include the remixes of 'Baby I Love You So', which really take you back with a nostalgic feel. It's fitting close to an album that believes in itself and has been made with a big heart and a deep mind.

Looking forward to Deeder's next masterpiece...

Epson Stylus Sx535Wd All-In-One Printer with Wifi and Double Side Printing (Print, Copy and Scan)

5.0 out of 5 stars PC & Mac Friendly!, 30 Jan. 2012
Was looking for a replacement all-in-one printer after my Lexmark was no longer compatible with my MacBook Pro (after upgrading to Snow Leopard 10.6+).

I searched greatly and took a chance with the SX535WD. To my relief, the printer installed effortlessly on my MacBook Pro and is working perfectly both via USB and Wifi. Simple and easy instructions to follow - no excuses.

The scan/copier is pretty damn fast and the printer is also of good speed. The quality is great in terms of the print.

The printer is also great-looking - matched by a user-friendly interface on the LCD screen.

Having never owned a Wifi printer before, this is a great choice to step up from wired to wireless. To add, there is also the option to print via bluetooth although I will most likely find that Wifi is the more usable option.

Also, I saved money on ink as they printer came with 4 ink cartridges (black, cyan, yellow and blue).

The printer is equally simple to install on multiple computers to use via Wifi - having just performed this on my brother and mother's laptops.

I also understand that the printer is compatible with Mac Lion OSX - bonus!

Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart: WWE's Greatest Rivalries [DVD]
Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart: WWE's Greatest Rivalries [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bret Hart
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding Peace..., 26 Oct. 2011
I don't want to ramble on so I'll be brief.

I'd given up hope on most WWE DVD releases some years back but 'Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart: WWE's Greatest Rivalries' is something I couldn't pass on.

The sit down interview is a must-see for any wrestling fan and is a true chronicle of the rivalry with information provided by the men themselves and at a lot of points, information revealed to each other for the first time. As a die-hard Bret Hart fan and a huge fan of Shawn Michaels, I cannot describe the amount of respect I felt gathering throughout the 2 hour long interview. The description of their friendship was even more surprising and warm. It was great to watch as I had read Bret Hart's book a few months ago and this interview was a great supplement to it. The exchange between the two and the answers and stories were genuinely delivered. The final half hour is extremely overwhelming emotionally and it is evident from the two men themselves that this project/interview was about finding peace. This is an honest and insightful conversation that I wish would never end.

The extras are great, including the Hall of Fame inductions of both legends, matches such as the epic Iron Man Match from WM12 as well as deletes segments of the interview, which are equally insightful and shines a brighter light on this close friendship that these two men once had and are now-rebuilding again.

If there was a 6th star I could give... I'd ask for a 7th!

Sugar [DVD] [2008]
Sugar [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Algenis Perez Soto
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Top 10 Favourite Films of All Time..., 26 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Sugar [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
'Sugar' is NOT a sports movie like many adverts may lead you to believe. For me it was more about alienation, being a strange place unable to understand anything where a young man is left to his own devices to discover what he really wants in life. I won't say much more but...

The casting is just epic and the documentary-like shooting and capturing these very human moments in these 'three-dimensional' characters are just mind-blowingly great.

LaCie Little Disk Triple 500GB - Black
LaCie Little Disk Triple 500GB - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 26 Nov. 2010
Needed it for a film shoot in South Africa and Cameroon where I was on my feet alot so it was already being tested for its durability and physical strength haha.

LaCie gets criticised alot for 'failures' in product performance but I can guarantee you that if you're looking for something that takes on a huge work load, is used for very long periods, powered portably and looks slick all in one. The LaCie 500GB portable external is the product to perform all to the best.

Page: 1 | 2