Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop now
Profile for George > Reviews

Content by George

George "R." (Ireland)

Resident Evil Revelations (PC DVD)
Resident Evil Revelations (PC DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars issues with mouse aiming?, 6 Jun. 2013
it definitely has a potential to be a fun game, a proper horror that RE should be.
however, there are issues with mouse aiming (sensitivity and acceleration). even with the latest update (they added option to turn off acceleration and aiming assist) the game is unplayable on PC.
it seems like the game do not recognize minor mouse movements which makes aiming really difficult.
I tried changing sensitivity, turning off and on acceleration etc, nothing really worked for me and after 3 chapters I gave up.

Far Cry 3 (PS3)
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

1.0 out of 5 stars public co-op unplayable, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
I'm gonna keep it short. I own PS3, XBOX360 and PC, but I decided to buy PS3 version mostly because I wanted to play online co-op with my friends.
Unfortunately, public co-op is unplayable, it is full of bugs and it is very difficult to actually finish a co-op map (mostly due to server issues or insufficient number of players).
It is not unusual that after 30-45 mins of gameplay (at the end of the map), you get disconnected (moving host) and the mission is being restarted...

Let me list some of the issues I personally experienced in just 3 days of playing.
- the game can freeze during cutscenes or loading screen
- players leaving game so the mission "prematurely ends"
- server issues (again, mission restarted)
- sometimes joining the co-op game takes ages
- when in lobby, you get disconnected and return to the main menu
- once I joined the game (as spectator waiting for a checkpoint) and there were 2 players running around visiting empty map... (I left after 10 mins so don't know how long these dudes were enjoying the views)
- enemies can "teleport"? (appear out of nowhere) and kill you from behind
- at checkpoints, you get to choose your loadout and this means you loose your second weapon (for example if switched handgun to assault rifle)
- graphics / textures - pirates can stand with their heads in the wall... ("Dynamo" skills?), once I found a wall in the water...

Not to mention that overall graphics (PS3) is ridiculous, it looks like a game released 10 years ago.
I also have a PC version and PC graphics are much much better (even on low details).

In general, the idea is great, the game can be fun, but it is totally ruined by co-op bugs and console graphics.

Do you guys see the similarities to Uncharted? looks like they took lots of ideas from Uncharted.

cheers
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2013 1:57 AM BST

Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars much below expectations; auction house totally ruins the game, 23 May 2012
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Let me start with the necessity of being online all the time. This is worst idea ever, not only that people with slow broadband will have difficulties playing, but due to server issues, it is actually impossible to play, not even single player.
During first hours of gameplay, I experienced many lags, and finally I was kicked of the game due to server fault... and now I am unable to log in... hello? it's freaking SINGLE PLAYER game!!

OK, now let's say something about the game itself.

cons:
- auto levelling.. you can't distribute points?? why remove this option? it was good to be able to spent your points with each lvl up.
- skills... so you don't even choose your skills? they become available when you reach particular lvl? Plus majority of them are absolutely useless.
- no character customization (so all female mages must have long black hairs?) I know this is Diablo and it is not about character customization, but it would be nice to have at least few options.
- quests - simple, not to say stupid
- mana (arcane power) regenerates too quickly, from null to full in like 5 secs? come on..
- health points - so far I was able to play only mage, but with that amount of health points, I can play as barbarian.. not to mention all these health orbs that pop up every few seconds.
- no savegames - if you want to remove this feature, than make checkpoints appear more often, sometimes you have to play 20-25 mins until you reach one, and considering your server issues, this may be very frustraing.
- only 5 classes available
- AUCTION HOUSE - it may seem like a nice feature, but it totally ruins the game. There's no point of searching for unique items, you just go to auction house and buy them dirt cheap. Since you do not level up your character in any way, your gear is all that makes your character strong and unique.
- weapons and armor - all classes can use the same equipment (at least most of the items) - mage with a 2 handed sword? or a crossbow? Plus you can move your gear between all your characters, so you only need one good set (most likely bought on auction) and you can use it for all your characters.
- rare items - not that rare..
- you can finish the game using only 4 fingers in one hand (2 to keep your mouse, 1 for LMB and 1 for RMB)

pros:
- nice retail box
- nice menu
- graphics - better than Diablo 2, but worst than other games released in the last few years.
- sound - I am not sure if this should be pro or con, I actually don't remember playing any game with bad sound. Have you?

OK, some of you will probably say: "this is Diablo and it is not about character customization, it is not about graphics, it is not about ambitious quests etc". I totally agree, this is not about any of the above, so do not expect anything else than simple hack & slash game.

My honest opinion is that this game should be released 5-6 years ago. And it shouldn't be always online game.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2012 3:07 PM BST

FUSION - Set of 12 High Quality Aluminium Multi coloured Crochet Hooks Needles - in sizes 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5, 5.5, 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm and 8mm - comes with a handy organizer and a LIFETIME GUARANTEE :)
Offered by WowBox UK (EU-wide shipping)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy!, 13 Jun. 2011
I was a beginner crocheter and was confused about what kind of crochet hooks will best suit my needs. While surfing on the internet I came across the advertisement for aluminum crochet hooks. I realized that Aluminum hooks will be slicker and smoother and I also realized the sizes offered here (2 mm to 8 mm) were perfect for my needs. The plastic ones are definitely not as good as these. These hooks are available in plastic partitioned packaging which helps in avoiding undesirable scratching. This is great value for money. These crochets are available in so many vibrant colors which is also fantastic. A must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars great price and great product, 9 Jan. 2011
I think these pills are even better than the green ones. My appetite was suppressed and I lost 3 kgs in the first 2 weeks.
Prompt delivery and great price.

Thank you very much.

The Fantastic Star Master Bedroom Cosmic Light Projector - Would You Like To Spend The Night Under The Stars ?

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic product !!, 6 Jan. 2011
This light projector is really great and it makes a beautiful effect in the room.
My daughter absolutely loves it!!

Thanks :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2011 5:07 PM GMT

5.0 out of 5 stars It really worked !!, 14 Oct. 2010
I tried other pills before and I was disappointed with the results, therefore, I didn't expect anything. One of my friends recommended Lida Daidaihua and said it really worked for her and few other friends so I decided to give it a try.

First day - I felt like after few red bulls... extra energy, a bit difficult to stay in one place, especially if you work in the office.. I wasn't hungry at all, but as recommended, I had a breakfast and a dinner.

Second day - again, extra energy, but it was much better than the day before.

Third day - everything is back to normal, I felt very good, appetite was suppressed but still had meals at regular times.

Some people say that you may experience problems with sleep in the first 2-3 days, I didn't have this problem. People may react in different ways, depends on your weight, metabolism etc. Each one of us is different, so we can't expect the same result from everyone.

Anyway, Lida worked very well for me and I lost 3,5 KGs in the first week, and another 2 KGs the second week. After a month, I lost over 7 KGs and I feel much better now.

This is really great product, I am extremely happy with the results !!

Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars too dangerous and too strong, definitely NO, 20 Sept. 2010
Unfortunately, I can't recommend this collar as my experience is terrible.
It says that shock will be enabled if the dog is persistent and do not stop barking. In fact, it takes only few barks (few secs) to enable the shock (which is way too strong). After receiving the first shock, my dog (Jack Russell Terrier) started to run around in pain barking even more which enabled more shocks. I ended up chasing my dog around the garden and had to remove the collar asap.

This was really terrifying and I will never use it again. Such collars should not be allowed as this is not humanitarian.

Anyone who loves and cares about his dog, will never use such collars. It's a big NO from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic visual effect!!, 4 Sept. 2010
I own this fantastic wallpaper and I must admit that I am truly amazed. It makes great visual effect in the room!!

It was easy to install - all parts are numbered on the back with a short instruction, the paste is included and all 8 parts fit ideally.

Paper is really good quality, if you make a mistake and need to remove a part from the wall and fit it again, there is no problem to do so. NO NEED TO HIRE PROFESSIONALS!!

Overall effect is stunning!!

Aliens Vs Predator (PC DVD)
Aliens Vs Predator (PC DVD)
Offered by musicMagpie

4.0 out of 5 stars great game, but it is too short, 15 Mar. 2010
I bought this game and expected to have loads of fun playing it.

It is fun, graphic is great and sound is really good. However, this game is one of the shortest one of I have ever played. I finished predator campaign in 2 hours!!