Profile for J. M. Holley > Reviews

Twelve Minutes of Love: A Tango Story
Twelve Minutes of Love: A Tango Story
by Kapka Kassabova

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong sense of a journey, 2 Dec. 2013
This is a book that is difficult to put down once you get going. You will soon join Kapka's quest to find something meaningful and stable in her life and her exploration of tango (and herself and others) on the journey. As I read through the book I so wanted her to find the thing she was looking for.

A Lie About My Father
A Lie About My Father
by John Burnside

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary writing, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: A Lie About My Father (Paperback)
It took several pages for me to sink into this very detailed but very poetic style of writing. The book is intensely moving the deeper into it you get. I was in tears for much of the ending and chose to read some passages several times over. Like a painting where each time you look at it you see more and different things. I think I can use the phrase 'blown away' honestly here. The book stayed with me and I with it for many weeks after finishing it.

Living Poor: An American's Encounter with Ecuador
Living Poor: An American's Encounter with Ecuador
by Moritz Thomsen

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating book, 2 Dec. 2013
Remarkable story told in a non-judgemental way and spoken honestly. A really insight into true poverty and it's impact on people, their community and themselves. A remarkable guy too for showing so much commitment, patience and empathy. A very good read.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything works perfectly, 2 Dec. 2013
I gave it 4 stars because it seems a little small. My cat copes with it but awkwardly. It was easy to fit and worked with the microchip first time.