Profile for Allie Barnicoat > Reviews

Content by Allie Barnicoat

Allie Barnicoat (London UK)

Goodbye Morality
Goodbye Morality

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping crime novel, 31 May 2015
This review is from: Goodbye Morality (Kindle Edition)
A well constructed gripping crime story. The author writes well about situations he is familiar with in real life: his country of birth Denmark (one assumes); the beauty and smell of rural South of France; business dealings; relationships; the criminal mind. This is a book that once you get into it grips the imagination and is hard to put down. I seldom read crime fiction but this book kept me riveted until the end. Only negatives are the endless typos throughout the Kindle edition.

Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world
Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world
by Mark Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as Ruby Wax says on the cover., 11 July 2014
Just as good as Ruby Wax said and this is the edition to get as you really do need the CD that comes with it free in order to follow the programme. I recommend this book highly. It is simply the best introduction to 'Mindfullness'.

High School Musical 2 Original Soundtrack
High School Musical 2 Original Soundtrack
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas gift to my granddaughter, 3 Jan. 2014
This was sent with High School Musical Original Soundtrack as my 7 year old granddaughter requested it for Christmas. She told me that these 2 soundtracks were her favourite gifts. They arrived on time and the seller is tip top for customer service.

High School Musical 3 - Senior Year
High School Musical 3 - Senior Year
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas gift for 7 year old grandchildren obsessed with High School Musical, 3 Jan. 2014
This was her favourite Christmas gift. She has a CD player in her bedroom and she knows and loves all the songs. The CD's were delivered on time to my daughter and I am very happy with the purchase. Tip top seller.

Hopper
Hopper
by Tomás Llorens Serra

5.0 out of 5 stars A great present for an art lover., 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Hopper (Hardcover)
Due to my American background I have always been interested in Hopper . This book gives the reader an excellent survey of Hopper's work as it is well illustrated and documented.

The Life Laundry: How to De-junk Your Life
The Life Laundry: How to De-junk Your Life
by Dawna Walter

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you want to think more clearly?, 12 Oct. 2013
Do you have rooms filled with 'sentimental junk'? If so and you want to move on with your life read this book and follow Dawna Walter's ideas. This is an interesting read and if you actually get rid of the items that are stressing you out you will feel great. Believe me I've actually done it and I thank Ms Walter for helping me. It is a real pity that she is no longer appearing on British TV where she used to give advice on this topic.

China Study Cookbook
China Study Cookbook
by LeAnne Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent easy to use cookbook., 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: China Study Cookbook (Paperback)
A great cookbook to use if you are concerned about what you are eating and f you prefer vegetarian food. Ingredients are easy to find in your local supermarket and are all good for your health.

Sound the Trumpet - Royal Music of Purcell and Handel
Sound the Trumpet - Royal Music of Purcell and Handel

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful celestial music, 12 Oct. 2013
I would recommend this music to play at any spiritual ceremony such as at a wedding or a funeral of a loved one.

The Map and the Territory
The Map and the Territory
by Michel Houellebecq

5.0 out of 5 stars A sensationally good book., 10 Jan. 2012
I thought this book was sensationally good. Imaginative and thought provoking and totally of its time. However I did not like the translation - I do read French but read the English version on my Kindle and am sure it did not do justice to Houellebecq's words. However in spite of this I felt my way through the book beside Jed Martin the creative main character. Having previously read the new novel by Alan Hollinghurst 'The Stranger's Child' which I found profoundly disappointing, although he has been an author I have admired in the past, Houellebecq's novel is and the only way I can describe it, totally in tune with what I understand life to be like today. I think that Hollinghurst should move out of his comfort zone - his current way of life and look at life thought a different lens - this is what Houellebecq has done and has succeeded brilliantly by doing so. The Map and the Territory

by Julia Child

5.0 out of 5 stars My Life in France, 9 Aug. 2009
This review is from: My Life in France (Hardcover)
My Life in France
If you are a fan of the cookbooks 'Mastering the Art of French Cooking Vol.1'& 2', as I am, you will love this book. This wonderful book - really a memoir - records Julia Child's introduction to France and in particular to French cooking. A lovingly written book with the aid of her nephew it gives the background to her discovery of France and the French and her life in Paris with her husband Paul and all the fun they had there. From her studies at the Cordon Bleu in Paris through to her eventual TV cookery programms in Boston. If you love France and the French way of life especially the way it was in the late 1940's and 1950's you will not be able to put the book down and perhaps you too will then want to buy MTAFC and be inspired to try her receipes.