Profile for B. Nicholson > Reviews

Content by B. Nicholson

B. Nicholson "Run in the Corridor" (Darwen near Rawlinson End)

Page: 1 | 2
The French Connection - Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray]
The French Connection - Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Gene Hackman

5.0 out of 5 stars UK steel book blu the one to buy, 10 Sept. 2017
This UK steel book blu is the one to buy if you want to avoid the unwatchable Friedkin edition. Believe me that version is unwatchable, I have it. I couldn't belive that it was as bad as the reviews said it was.

Yale Locks PYWHL40WH PVCu Window Handle - White Finish
Yale Locks PYWHL40WH PVCu Window Handle - White Finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but sturdy. Good buy., 10 Sept. 2017
Was fearing the worst when the handle on my bedroom window broke. This was the cheapest I could find with Prime delivery. The picture doesn't fully show that it is a sturdy, standard fitting unit that easily slips into place, though some of you may have to trim the spindle. I used my existing screws. The screws supplied are ones that you can trim. The keys supplied for the lock look flimsy but this isn't a problem for myself. I am a rubbish DIYer but I managed to remove the old unit and fit the new one in around 15 minutes, which I was pleasantly surprised by. I was expecting a long haul. Good luck.

Silentnight Geltex Affinity 1350 Mattress - King
Silentnight Geltex Affinity 1350 Mattress - King

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd never bought it., 18 April 2017
It's now 8 months since I bought this mattress and I regret ever reading about it. It may have 1350 springs and a geltex top layer but in my experience this means you feel like you are sinking. I've had very few good nights sleep. I didn't write a review soon after getting it because in my experience a mattress does take some time to get use to, plus I had a dreadful experience getting this delivered, it took nearly a month. I didn't want this to colour my review, however it turns out it was an indicator of one almighty mistake.You have to take a value judgement with any review on Amazon. I read them carefully but in the back of my mind I knew I was taking a bet when ordering something so important as a mattress online without trying first. I shall never make such an expensive mistake again, or order anything so large that it has to be delivered by a team of incompetents who lost my mattress for nearly a month. Then they moaned about having to take it upstairs. Amazon listened to my woes, they gave me a few quid back but really the company they use to deliver things like this is so bad, so low rent that I'm really surprised they continue to use them.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2017 9:19 AM BST

The Take [DVD] [2016]
The Take [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Idris Elba

1.0 out of 5 stars ... first scene I knew I was in for a disappointment. Everyone looks unhappy in the film, 16 Jan. 2017
This review is from: The Take [DVD] [2016] (DVD)
From the first scene I knew I was in for a disappointment. Everyone looks unhappy, it's as if they can't wait for it to end. I think lackluster is the word that best describes this film. I lasted 46 minutes.

Pop Or Not
Pop Or Not

5.0 out of 5 stars Every track a classic, 14 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Pop Or Not (Audio CD)
Have barely listened to anything else for the past month. This album is full of energy and joy. It's been a long time since I've had an album with every track sounding like a classic. Best album of the year.

Wish You Were Here - Bluray Disc
Wish You Were Here - Bluray Disc

5.0 out of 5 stars I had wanted something like this since the release of the Immersion box set, 5 Sept. 2014
I had wanted something like this since the release of the Immersion box set, which I couldn't bring myself to buy due to the cost, it would have ruined the album for me.

I paid £15 and I am very pleased. It isn't a bootleg and isn't a duff disc. Even though my ears are not what they use to be I still found a lot of satisfation, though for my money the real highlight is the 1975 Quad mix....very beefy and sonically different from the recent 5.1 tracks...play very loud.

Wallpaper* City Guide Cape Town 2012
Wallpaper* City Guide Cape Town 2012
by Wallpaper*

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 10 Nov. 2013
Purchased this because of the low price. It's very small which makes the nice looking street map too small to be any good. Whilst in Cape Town I found the book of no use whatsoever, indeed it became a bit of a joke with my friends. Upon return I thought of trading it in but I threw it in the recycling bin instead.I won't be buying any more Wallpaper guides.

CT1 Clear Sealant Adhesive Clear 290ml
CT1 Clear Sealant Adhesive Clear 290ml
Offered by Laeto

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sealant for baths or wet areas., 3 Nov. 2012
Purchased this product at my local hardware store. Asked for some sealant that would work for more than a few months. At £10 it was more than twice the price of your average bath sealant but it is still there after more than four years. We have a shower over the bath so it gets plenty of wear, tear and water. Cleans easily.

Billion Dollar Brain (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Billion Dollar Brain (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

5.0 out of 5 stars 40 Year Wait Over, 13 April 2012
Deep joy. I have been searching for this album for over 40 years, I would like to own a physical copy but I missed the recent low-key release so download city will have to do. I hope I'm not being unkind to Richard Rodney Bennett when I say it out does John Barry for a spy theme, a wonderful evocative score. Why has it taken so long to reach us?

The Strange World of Gurney Slade [DVD]
The Strange World of Gurney Slade [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anthony Newley

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Strange World, 15 Aug. 2011
Talking rocks, talking dogs, off the wall private inner thoughts. This has to be the archive release of the year. Network should be congratulated. A genuine long unseen classic that is up there with the best. Years ahead of its time. If you're a fan of classic British TV shows buy it before they all go. Extras include on set photos and five minutes of contemporary trailers that are as good as the six shows themselves. An explanatory booklet by Dick Fiddy is also included. The whole package - the cover, the booklet, the crisp clean 35mm transfer is first class. A real treat. Be prepared to be amazed, go on give it a try.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2015 7:33 PM GMT