Profile for littlelune > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Skinnifit T Shirt Dress Black S
Skinnifit T Shirt Dress Black S
Offered by COOZO UK

4.0 out of 5 stars I am generously proportioned but I am happy with the fit and size, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Skinni Fit T Shirt Dress (Apparel)
I'm not one for fitted clothes so this felt a little tight as a 'dress' but when you remember that it is actually a 't-shirt' then the fit is as expected. I am generously proportioned but I am happy with the fit and size. I bought it to wear under other items of clothing, particularly a synthetic dress because my skin reacts to synthetics, and it was perfect for this. :)

Biofreeze Biofreeze Gel 118ml
Biofreeze Biofreeze Gel 118ml
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars I used this many years ago and found that it provided excellent relief for the aches and pains that accompany my ..., 15 July 2014
I have had too many reactions to oral pain relief so now use a combination of topical treatments. I used this many years ago and found that it provided excellent relief for the aches and pains that accompany my chronic health condition but as that tube long ago went astray I was pleased to find another one on Amazon (nowhere locally stocks it). I think it is very good value as a little goes a long way.

CiT U35HD01 2.5 inch/3.5 inch USB 2.0 SATA Docking Station
CiT U35HD01 2.5 inch/3.5 inch USB 2.0 SATA Docking Station

5.0 out of 5 stars this is easy, painless and fast to set up and means ..., 15 July 2014
Just one thing, the instructions provided seem to bear absolutely no relevance to the actual product. Ignoring the instructions, this is easy, painless and fast to set up and means that I could finally access an old hard drive. At this price, excellent value. :)

Vktech Hand Operated Swift Yarn Fiber Wool String Ball Skein Winder Holder
Vktech Hand Operated Swift Yarn Fiber Wool String Ball Skein Winder Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars ... been winding yarn on a cardboard tube for a good while now to make centre pull balls, 15 July 2014
I have been winding yarn on a cardboard tube for a good while now to make centre pull balls, or cakes, but this has made the process so much quicker, easier and less painful (literally). It does a better job than I can! I can get up to about 100 g of 4 ply or DK weight yarn on it and have also wound chunky and t-shirt yarn on it. :)

NRS Healthcare Clear Safesip Drinks Glass and Cups Cover
NRS Healthcare Clear Safesip Drinks Glass and Cups Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars So Useful, 15 July 2014
It did feel very thin when I first took it out of the package, I was expecting it to be a little thicker like silicone bakeware, so I was a little worried and would advise that you go carefully if you have sharp finger nails. However, I think this is an excellent product as it has prevented quite a few spills and I don't have to worry about things falling into my drink. It's also ideal because I don't have to hold the straw in place anymore either. I have used it with hot and cold drinks and at home and out and about. I recommend it.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple but Messy, 11 April 2013
In principle, an excellent product but we found that we had to use it outside because of the mess it made in the kitchen! :)

Divorce: A Love Story
Divorce: A Love Story

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Depicted and Well Written for the Genre, 1 Jun. 2012
This isn't really my genre but I read it as a favour for a friend. I was surprised to be drawn into the story which depicts the struggle of a dysfunctional multi generation family held together, just, sometimes, by the music. I thought it was interesting to have the 'songs' interpersed throughout the chapters, perhaps adding something a little more and definitely hinting at this writer's greater talents. Give it a spin. :)

A Sweet Girl Graduate
A Sweet Girl Graduate

3.0 out of 5 stars This Would be Why American Stories of the Same Period are Better Reading, 1 Jun. 2012
I much prefer the American versions of these school stories, not so sickly, not so stitled characters and plot development. If you're interested in stories of this period read this, if you're interested in comparing it to stories like What Katy Did at School or the Little Colonel series then read this. Otherwise, it's probably not worth it. Even free. I'd rather read stories like the ones above, much better quality of writing and slightly more human and believable characters. Or maybe it just says too much about the English school system of the time. :)

A Lady of Quality
A Lady of Quality

4.0 out of 5 stars A Little Heavy but Interesting Storyline, 1 Jun. 2012
This review is from: A Lady of Quality (Kindle Edition)
When I say heavy, I don't mean 'deep' but refer to that awkward historic style sometimes favoured by Victorian novelists, it makes it a little heavy going but it's still worth pursuing. The story is weak in places and very different from the children's stories for which is she is more often associated with and to which sister the title refers to, I'm still unsure. The last few pages are definitely worth it, bringing together several loose threads and clarifying certain events. Give it a go. :)

Backpacked: A Reluctant Trip Across Central America
Backpacked: A Reluctant Trip Across Central America

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and Makes You Want to Go, 1 Jun. 2012
If you read a travel book and it makes you want to go there, NOW, then it's done it's job. This is a memoir too, lots of funny ancedotes, a smart grasp of characters and episodes to make you question whether or not you should actually go. But you'll still want to! Beautifully written as a bonus. I'm looking forward to reading other works by this author, she's got a great sense of humour. :)

Page: 1 | 2