Profile for A. Nicol > Reviews

A. Nicol (Leics, UK)

CatEye EL130/TL135 Omni 3 Cycling Lights and Reflectors - Black
CatEye EL130/TL135 Omni 3 Cycling Lights and Reflectors - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value light set, 25 Mar. 2014
At £17 I think I have got a good value set of lights. The are easy to fit, small to carry in your pocket when off the bike. Two provisos on the front light though: the beam of light is well focused to a small spot so not all other road users will see you, and some stray light is shone in your eyes which is distracting.

Topeak Race Rocket Pump - Black , Mini Pump
Topeak Race Rocket Pump - Black , Mini Pump
Offered by Its New 2 You

4.0 out of 5 stars RaceRocket is a fine get you home pump, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Topeak Race Rocket STD (Sports)
This pump is east to use and on my 700x25c tyres I can quickly and with little effort get to 60psi, then with a lot of effort I can just about get to 75psi. This is disappointingly less than the claimed 140psi, but as an easy to carry pump to take with you on your ride it is fine for emergencies.

Garmin Zumo 220 3.5" Sat Nav for Motorcycles with UK and Full Europe Maps and Bluetooth

3.0 out of 5 stars Zumo 220 is OK, 31 Oct. 2013
the only way I was going to justify the cost of a motorbike satnav was to pay little money and also be able to use it in my car. This cost me £210 from Globalgps, and it comes with a good windscreen mount so I am well pleased with it. Previously I had a short loan of the latest Tom Tom Rider which has some nice features but costs £120 more, then you have to pay extra if you want a car fitting kit, has no sound output other than Bluetooth, also its really big and heavy, so no slipping it into your pocket when you leave your bike anywhere. I do recognize some of the frustrations mentioned by the other reviewers, such as when linked to a Scala headset the sound is not very good, however I do not want any sound distracting me so rely on looking at the Zumo for directions. Also I do not find Garmin's Basecamp very easy to use for making routes, but you can use 'Tyre' which is much easier. So in general I think the Zumo is OK, its small, good value and fine for use on the motorbike and in the car

Trust 15.6-inch Laptop and Tablet Case - Black
Trust 15.6-inch Laptop and Tablet Case - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars bag, 23 Mar. 2013
this is a budget bag, but if you only want a bag for occasional use with a generous amount of room, this is very good value

Acer S271HLAbid 27 inch Full HD LED Monitor (100000000:1, 250cd/m2, 1920 x 1080, 2ms, VGA/DVI/HDMI)
Offered by urboturbo25

4.0 out of 5 stars Monitor, 23 Mar. 2013
Clear picture, good colours, no dead pixles, does what it should very well so I am pleased with this and would recommend it to others

6x HP 363XL Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges to Replace HP363 (Contains 1x 363BK Black, 1x 363C Cyan, 1x 363M Magenta, 1x 363Y Yellow, 1x 363PC Photo Cyan, 1x 363PM Photo Mangenta)
Offered by DELCOMCOMPUTERS & WANTMOREINK

4.0 out of 5 stars cartidges, 23 Mar. 2013
only had them in the printer a couple of weeks so I cannot comment on how long they last, but they seem good

Samsung 350V5C 15.6-inch Laptop (Silver) - (Intel Core i7 3630QM 2.4GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with my Samsung 350v5c, 30 Dec. 2012
I got this laptop only a couple of days ago and so far I am very pleased. I bought it from John Lewis for £500 which makes a really good deal considering they also give a 2 year warranty. I see the good points are: high spec, good value, does everything I want, quiet fan. The not so good points: Plastic case (but what do you expect at this price) instruction manual is online only, Windows 8 takes a bit of getting used to
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2013 4:12 AM GMT

Toshiba NB250-107 10.1 inch Netbook (Intel Atom N455, 1GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Up to 4.5hrs battery life, Windows 7 Starter)

4.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with this netbook, 28 Dec. 2010
If you look at Amazon reviews for netbooks, most of them get favourable reviews, much of the negative stuff is from people who seem surprised 'it doesn't come with an optical drive' or would 'prefer it with a 15 inch screen'. The guy in John Lewis thought most netbooks under £300 were much the same and I think he is right, the differences are small, some will have bigger batteries, most newer ones Windows 7 and some have blue tooth etc. I wanted to be able to browse the web, watch films, use Skype, check on email and preferred Windows 7, so the choice came down to price. I got mine from Dabs for £210, and it came with a free wireless mouse - handy. The set-up was really easy, for doing the jobs I want it is speedy, it seems well made, the screen is clear and bright, the keyboard is fine, the battery is OK it lasts at least 3 hours. My only criticism would be the sound quality is a little poor but for the price I am very pleased

Lowepro Rezo TLZ 10 Toploading Bag for DSLR and Short Zoom
Lowepro Rezo TLZ 10 Toploading Bag for DSLR and Short Zoom
Offered by Camera Centre UK

4.0 out of 5 stars A good bag for my Fuji S6500fd, 1 Aug. 2007
My Fuji S6500fd is a good snug fit in this bag and it seems to provide good protection. You cannot get much else in the bag, maybe a spare set of batteries, but what else do you need to carry? the camera has everything.