Profile for Cybilt > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Oxygen
Oxygen

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 27 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Oxygen (MP3 Download)
Absolutely brilliant, really Bless. The album has uptempo dance tunes, with powerful lyrics as well as some tunes. I have this album on 'Repeat All'.
If I could give more than five stars I would.

Curly Like Me: How to Grow Your Hair Healthy, Long, and Strong
Curly Like Me: How to Grow Your Hair Healthy, Long, and Strong
by Teri LaFlesh

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 11 Aug. 2014
Brilliant book. Takes you on a hair journey about the author's time from struggling with her hair to learning to love and manage the hair she was born with. Although, the author is mixed race, this bears no fact on the growth factor( some reviewers have commented that because of her ethnicity type, she has the added advantage of growing and maintaining long hair, this I entirely disagree with). As black people, we are not always 1) taught to love the hair we are naturally born with, and 2) not taught to manage the hair we are naturally born with. For me Teri has highlighted similar hair journeys, weave, relaxer, colour treatments, hair pressing, hair falling out, bald patches, the lot. This book educated me about my hair and what works for me. I scrutinise every hair product I purchase to ensure the ingredients are good for my hair and not bad. I follow the shampoo and leave in condition method, from this I have learnt to manage and work with my hair rather than work against it. I've learnt conditioners that are oiled based work good on my hair. I variate my styles, and try not to use any heat especially straighteners as this causes the middle of my hair to break of as I've learnt my hair is weakness in the middle. I would recommend this book for those that want to start their own hair journey, this book is not a quick fix, everyone's hair is unique to them, it will take time and patience to see the end results, your hair can and will grow with careful love and management. My hair has grown from 4cms to 22cms over a period of time, And it is still continuing to grow, however, I have relaxed using some of the processes in the book, i.e. I tend to condition every two weeks, and use organic natural oils in between. The ingredient link on the author's website is an easy access tool when out shopping for hair products. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and definitely recommend it.

Hope Is What We Crave | Live
Hope Is What We Crave | Live

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 July 2014
Good album.

Promithi 3D Stereoscopic Short-Sleeved T-Shirt (Medium/US X-Small, lion)
Promithi 3D Stereoscopic Short-Sleeved T-Shirt (Medium/US X-Small, lion)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 July 2014
Quality good

Crave
Crave

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album especially some of the live tracks, 29 July 2014
This review is from: Crave (MP3 Download)
Brilliant thoroughly blessed, shame they don't have more albums.

Spirits: Understand the Capacities in Which Supernatural Forces Operate
Spirits: Understand the Capacities in Which Supernatural Forces Operate

2.0 out of 5 stars Some good real life examples, 29 July 2014
Not what I expected. I was expecting a thorough bible analysis of deep rooted spiritual forces(ie eph 6:12). With a thorough breakdown referencing study aids, such as a bible dictionary or Strongs concordance. I would have preferred to see Referencing using Webster dictionary as a secondary source and referencing a bible dictionary such as Strongs a primary source, this would have provided a biblical foundation of the meaning of certain words, rather than a Webster breakdown of words. There are some bias and generalised opinions made by the author throughout the book. Some good real life examples. Didn't feel like I learnt much.

Through The Woods - Fairytale Edition
Through The Woods - Fairytale Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Jan. 2014
Lyrics are meaningful, excellent British talent, she's really blessed. The Lyrics are vey relateable. Some poweful ballads and contempory scores. Would love to see an accoustic album, with just Philippa and her guitar. Really good.

Taste (Special Edition)
Taste (Special Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Jan. 2014

The Ascension
The Ascension

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Ascension (MP3 Download)
Compare to some of he's other albums, the music seems very similiar, was hoping for something slightly different. However the words are very powerful and meaningful.

The Prophet's Handbook
The Prophet's Handbook
by Paula A. Price

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Prophet's Handbook (Paperback)
Brilliant book detailing the role of a prophet from a biblical perspective. Good resource for those wanting to understand the role of a prophet, the calling, the office, the requirements, the purpose of a prophet in today's church, etc. It explains the necessity of an obedient prophet as well as the consequences of a disobedient prophet. More information is in the book, to much to describe, in a review. Recommend.

Page: 1 | 2