Profile for FLB > Reviews

Content by FLB
Top Reviewer Ranking: 727

FLB (England)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Murad Redness Therapy Correcting Moisturiser SPF15 50 ml
Murad Redness Therapy Correcting Moisturiser SPF15 50 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels really good on my skin, 18 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like Murad products, they feel nice on my skin and I like the smell of them (apart from the wrinkle cream).

This moisturiser feels nice and light, is quite green until you rub it on, but it left my skin feeling quenched and soft for hours after use. I am only giving it four stars as I didn't really notice any difference in redness - but I don't use make up so maybe if you apply foundation after using it would look good then.

For feel alone I am giving it 4 stars - happy & healthy skin ;o)

Oreck Platinum Carpet Washer, 800 W
Oreck Platinum Carpet Washer, 800 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you been all my life?, 18 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have an obsession (not a crazy one, just a hygiene one) with floor cleaning. I have two hair shedding Jack Russells, two paper shredding & hair shedding cats, a husband who leaves a trail of devastation in his wake and teenage twins whose sole ambition in life is to create a mess wherever they may be.......it is very frustrating for me who just wants a calm and clean house to come home to!

So anyway, I have a love of floor cleaners and have had a huge array of them - in my house currently I have 6 different vacuums and floor washing devices - but I am always on the lookout for one that will do the job the best.

I have tiles on the whole of the ground floor, but they are pale grey and a normal steam mop leaves them streaky (annoyingly), so when I saw that this Oreck cleaner could do hard floors as well as carpet cleaning I was excited - I could possibly get rid of my steam mop and manual mop!

My twin daughters bedrooms are unimaginably disgusting - when I open the curtains (on the rare times I venture in) I am sure I can hear high pitched squealing as all the critters run away from the light......it is not a pretty sight no matter how much I insist on them cleaning their rooms.

So with great trepidation I unpacked the cleaner - it came in a huge box and I was instantly worried about how big it was going to be inside - it was just very well packaged and not too big at all. It comes with a selection of tools, which are great for upholstery, the stairs etc and as an added bonus they come with a storage bag.

Initially I thought that the cleaner looked very complicated and I don't really like reading instruction manuals, but I persisted and found the manual actually very straightforward and the washer very easy to use.

I filled it up and set off on a mission to try and remember what colour my daughters carpets were before all the makeup, glitter pens and shoe polish turned them into some kind of Disney coloured camouflage.......I was however very sceptical that they could be saved as they really were looking beyond redemption.

The motor on this washer is amazing - very strong and you can really feel it sucking down on the carpet, It is so easy to operate I was surprised (much easier than a Vax I had previously owned and rehomed) I could tell after the first patch was done that I was onto a winner. It made an amazing job on cleaning the carpets upstairs, the dirty water was black in colour and the carpets looked nearly new again - not only did the grime come out but the fibres were all fluffed up again......some stains remain however (I suspect it is permanent marker pen and glitter glue) but on the whole the carpets looked 100% better. I did all the carpeted rooms in under an hour, tipped about 8 tanks of black water away (totally gross) and gave the machine a good clean when I finished.

I am delighted with it - genuinely and how effective it is. The squegee for doing hard floors works equally well and It is good at cleaning grout on tiled floors (much better than my steam mop)

Philips FC6168/62 2-in-1 Upright and Hand Held Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Pet Hair and Anti-Allergen

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for quick cleans and hard floors., 18 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been considering buying a dust buster type vac for a while and have been looking at the Dyson Handheld so was very pleased to receive this item.

I have a mild obsession with floor cleaning devices, I have an ARRAY of vacuums and mops, including my latest purchases of an iRobot vacuum and iRobot floor mop. This is not because I have some kind of bizarre foible, but because I have two hair shedding Jack Russells, two Cats, two children and a messy husband - all of which seem incapable of wiping their feet or not leaving a trail of destruction in their wake.

In particular I wanted a vac that I could use as a dust buster because we have got the litter tray on a worktop in the utility room - needless to say, the cats always manage to drag dusty litter out of the box and spread it with merry abandon all over the rest of the worktop.......we have to put it on the worktop in there (along with their food and bed) because otherwise the dogs treat it like a lucky dip and spend half the day rummaging around in it for golden nuggets (horrible creatures).

ANYWAY - this vacuum is great, it is very, very lightweight so I think it would be great for people with mobility issues, it was easy to put together and considering how small and light it is it does have pretty good suction.

The dust buster is great - the best one I have had (including my previous dyson handheld) and it sucks up crumbs / cat litter easily. I do have all hard floors on the downstairs and it is great for whizzing around in between iRobot cleans - after meals for instance.

I am only knocking one star off because I find that it does not stand up on its own that well and can easily be knocked over....I can't seem to get it to lock in position when it is upright, so I have to keep it in a corner where it will not be knocked over - that said it did come with a wall hanging bracket - I just haven't got around to putting it up yet.

Purina One Neutered Sterilcat Cat Food Rich in Chicken and Wheat, 800 g - Pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent food that is very compatible with my Bengals, 18 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have two Bengal cats and I have found that Purina One is the best food to feed them as some foods have an adverse affect on one of them (blood in stools). One smells nice, is high quality, the cats love it and there are no problems at all with it - I get it on Subscribe & Save.

The older of my two cats is only 5 and is not overfed but he is a bit overweight and has a saggy belly pouch - we can't fathom it out and so we have started feeding him this in the hope that he will lose a bit of weight - I do suspect he is stealing food from somewhere else but I can't be sure!!

Joseph Joseph Intelligent Waste Totem Bin, 60 L - Graphite
Joseph Joseph Intelligent Waste Totem Bin, 60 L - Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product - Joseph Joseph are fantastic, 6 Mar. 2016
We do love all Joseph Joseph products and have quite a few. We have fancied this bin for ages, but have always felt that the price was too steep for a bin! That said, having been given some money as a gift we thought 'why not' and splashed out on it as my husband gets continually annoyed by the overflowing recycling tub that sits on the kitchen chair!

I was amazed by how big it was when it arrived - very well packaged and like all JJ products it is really very well made. I love that it is square - it doesn't waste space like my previous round Brabantia bin. It has very clean lines, so I imagine it will be very easy to keep clean. It looks great in our kitchen and is not far off the height of our worktops, so that is good for scraping food straight into.

The recycling box is great, we are not using the divider though as we don't need to sort out recycling. The food box is being used under the sink for dishwashing tablets as we do not recycle food waste - we have no need for a compost bin.

I have put a magnetic hook on one side of the bin with an e-cloth attached, so I can give the lid a quick wipe easily (I don't like fingerprints!) and I love that the bottom bin comes out on wheels - that is a huge bonus.

We are delighted with this bin, it looks smart, saves space and has made refuse collection much easier in our house......I never thought I would say this but it is worth the money!

George Foreman Evolve Family 5 Portion Grill with Omelette Plates, Red
George Foreman Evolve Family 5 Portion Grill with Omelette Plates, Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but not as big as I thought it would be, 6 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Following on from my husbands recent heart attack and subsequent bypass surgery, we have been making extra effort to eat healthily, so I was delighted to be able to try this product. I have never had a George Foreman grill, but have wanted one for quite a while.

The box was quite heavy when it arrived, so my first thought was 'where am I going to be able to keep this'? Once unpacked however it was nowhere near as large as I thought it would be.

Size wise I would not say this is a 5 portion grill - ok it MIGHT be if you were cooking recommended portion sizes, but the 4 steak burgers that I bought yesterday from the local farm shop would not fit on. I could get three on at once.....if they had been small burgers (diameter) then they may have fit on, but neither could I see 5 steaks cooking simultaneously on it either.

I like the idea of the omelette pans - but disappointingly there are room for only 3 at a time - no good for a family of 4, never mind 5 - well, not if you want to eat at the same time anyway.

It is easy enough to set up, it looks quite nice, it feels very 'rickety' though, the plates are not a snug fit and are a bit fiddly - they feel like they could fall off at any point, that said they didn't though.

It heats up quickly, cooks quickly and does the job - there was zero fat in the steak burgers I made, but that is because they were very lean. I think this could be good for bacon and sausages - will try them next.

The removable plates were very easy to clean which was a big bonus.

Do I think I will use this every day - no, I don't think so, it will be easier to stick to the grill pan and cook 4 portions at once.

New GCSE Maths Workbook: Foundation - for the Grade 9-1 Course (includes Answers)
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book - the kids like these guides, 2 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 13 year old twins really like these books and find them to be very helpful. I don't have to force them to use them, so that is a big 5 stars for me! The price is good as well, so you can assist your child without breaking the piggy bank open!

New GCSE Maths AQA Workbook: Higher - for the Grade 9-1 Course

When Breath Becomes Air
by Paul Kalanithi

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what a book!, 2 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My much loved dad was diagnosed with cancer and died 6 months later in 2015.....it was a very difficult time for my family and I was not sure I wanted to read this book and be sad all over again, but it did sound very interesting.

I was surprised by how engrossed the author was by his work when faced with terminal illness, I am very work orientated, but I found it difficult to be interested in my work when my Dad was ill, so I think I was shocked by how the author didn't just turn his back on work and focus solely on his family once he was diagnosed - BUT - when I thought about it, you must have to be totally devoted to your work to be a neurosurgeon and it must be so all-consuming that to forget about it would be a very alien reaction.

The book was short, ultimately readable, insightful and very interesting without being too morose or depressing.

Very sad but equally enlightening at the same time.

Well worth a read.

Quicksand Long Lasting Cat Litter Tray
Quicksand Long Lasting Cat Litter Tray

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could easily be perfect., 2 Mar. 2016
I bought one of these many years ago at the National Cat Show and it was really good. My bad cat has started refusing to use her litter tray, so I have been trying a variety of other types and in the end spent ages searching for a sifting litter tray....till I found this on Amazon.

It is a good litter tray, makes it easy to clean it out, the rim guard is helpful, but the only thing I think it is lacking is a solid bottom tray for it to sit on/in....you always get a bit of seepage from the bottom layer and it could just do with a solid tray on the bottom that they all sit on/in

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20