Profile for Phyllida Stevens-Gently > Reviews

Content by Phyllida Steve...

Phyllida Stevens-Gently (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Savic Biba Drinking Bottle, 1000 ml
Savic Biba Drinking Bottle, 1000 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for rats., 23 Jun. 2016
Brilliant for rats. We have 3 of these.

HealthAid Vitamin D3 Vegetarian Capsules
HealthAid Vitamin D3 Vegetarian Capsules

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 9 Jun. 2016
I went downhill on these. Improved again when I switched to another.

Natira, Child of the Clouds (Stormcaller Series Book 1)
Natira, Child of the Clouds (Stormcaller Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it looks., 20 April 2016
The story isn't as good as you think it's going to be from the cover.

Clogau Gold 14ct Gold Pendant, 45.7cm
Clogau Gold 14ct Gold Pendant, 45.7cm

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent straight back as soon as I saw the hallmark, 24 Mar. 2016
Sent straight back as soon as I saw the hallmark: simply put, I'm not paying £800 for less than 4g of gold with MADE IN CHINA stamped on the back. Shame on you, Clogau! This item is 400% overpriced.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad my Silk Epil 7 broke - this is so much better!, 15 Mar. 2016
When my Silk Epil 7 broke (my fault) I so very nearly replaced it with another one. I only didn't because this one, the Silk Epil 9 was cheaper due to an offer. I'm so glad I went for the #9; it's so much LESS PAINFUL! And the facial epilator pen is a wonderful 'free' extra bonus too. This is brilliant. Just did my whole legs and hardly a tingle. So much better than the #7. Love it. I shall be epilating all the time now, not just when I have to. Brilliant!

Sterling Silver Rhodium Plated Clear Cubic Zirconia Pi Pendant Necklace
Sterling Silver Rhodium Plated Clear Cubic Zirconia Pi Pendant Necklace
Offered by Royal Design

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Pi Symbol but a Hebrew Chai pendant. Big difference., 12 Mar. 2016
Not a Pi Symbol pendant at all but a Hebrew Chai pendant. Big difference.
Nothing wrong with a Chai pendant but I'm looking for a Pi pendant - totally different thing.
NB:
The Chai symbol can be worn a medallion around the neck, similarly to other Jewish symbols, such as the Star of David and the Hamsa. In Hebrew, the related word chaya means "life or long life, and is derived from the Hebrew word chai (חי), meaning "life".

Sterling Silver Rhodium Plated Pi Pendant Necklace
Sterling Silver Rhodium Plated Pi Pendant Necklace
Offered by Royal Design

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Pi Symbol pendant at all but a Hebrew Chai pendant. Big difference., 12 Mar. 2016
Not a Pi Symbol pendant at all but a Hebrew Chai pendant. Big difference.
NB:

Fashy Single Ribbed Hot Water Bottle 2.0L
Fashy Single Ribbed Hot Water Bottle 2.0L
Offered by Amazing Health

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, they're now sending out smaller 1.5L bottles, not 2L ones., 15 Oct. 2015
Very nice hot water bottle but I'm giving it 1 star because it's not as described, or they're not shipping the one described or something. The one described is the 2L version. The one I received is clearly stamped 1.5L in a little round circle on the rubber itself. I thought it was a bit smaller than I expected when I got it. When I spotted the 1.5L stamp the next morning I figured out why. If I'd wanted the smaller, presumably cheaper one, I'd have bought it. I specifically wanted a big 2L one. Sending it back.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2015 12:33 PM GMT

Universal Silicone Keyboard Protector Skin for Laptops Notebooks 15" 15.6" 16" 16.4" 17" 17.1" 17.3" inch 365mm*134mm
Offered by Electronicscave

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 inches shorter than stated., 24 Sept. 2015
Not 365mm long - only 320mm long. Where's the other 2 inches??!! Half my number pad is hanging out the side. What's the point in stating the size and then sending me something TWO INCHES SMALLER than what you were told I was going to get?? Wait, it was PREVIOUSLY MEASURED BY A MAN, right??
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2016 8:06 PM GMT

For Such a Time
For Such a Time
by Kate Breslin

1.0 out of 5 stars This book glorifies and redeems a Nazi., 10 Aug. 2015
This review is from: For Such a Time (Paperback)
"What happened here is that Kate Breslin stole a tragedy that wasn’t hers to promote her own personal agenda. And in doing so, she contributed to the erasure of both victims and survivors of the Holocaust. Her book is anti-Semitic, violent, and dangerous. It glorifies and redeems a Nazi, while removing all of the Jewish woman’s agency and forcing her to convert to Christianity in order for her arc to be considered redemption. It is, in fact, exactly what has been done to the Jewish people throughout history. For longer than Christianity has been a religion, Jews across the world have been forced to convert or to hide their Judaism to save their lives. That is violence. That is erasure. Kate Breslin’s book is violence and erasure."
K. Locke.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2015 11:26 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8