Profile for Robert Cotterill > Reviews

Doctor Who - Festival of Death
by Jonathan Morris
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Festival of Death, 14 Sept. 2005
Hi all! I've just finished reading the above book. I've only just got into these new stories, as I was really only interested in reading the books that have specifically been broadcast on TV. The first few (which I won't mention here!) were quite disapointing. Either the plots were weak or the characters were undeveloped. Not so here! OK, so the book had elements of "The Leisure Hive" and "Warriors Gate" but that's actually part of it's ingenuity. It manages to slip effortlessly in between these stories, thus keeping the continuity. The Doctor and Romana interract exactly as if this were a full, 4 part TV story.
The plot does twist and turn, and I did find myself flicking back a couple of chapters to remind myself of who was where and how, but it keeps you on your toes. Well constructed and very enjoyable. Just like popping back in time 25 years or so!
Well worth adding to the collective!
(sorry, couldn't resist it!)