Profile for Sophia27 > Reviews

Vitabiotics Neurozan Original - 30 Tablets
Vitabiotics Neurozan Original - 30 Tablets
Offered by Revive Medicare

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but please read., 18 Aug. 2013
I'm presuming that those buying this product will be at school/college/sixth form/uni. I started using this product about two years ago before the first year of college started, I am now starting uni in October at Cambridge. I used this product throughout the time I was studying for my Alevels, and continue to take them.

I would say that this product definitely helped my concentration levels, as well as providing the essential vitamins needed on a day to day basis. However, I wouldn't attribute my academic success solely to these supplements, rather, to a set of carefully planned lifestyle changes. I think the best way to improve concentration levels is to have a clutter free life with few external distractions, and to make exams and studying the sole focus of your life. Yes, sounds boring I know, but it just depends on how much you want the best grades. I desperately wanted the best grades because I am a mature student (23 years old), so I've failed before and definitely did not want to fail again. This time round I made exam success my obsession, and so I deleted my facebook account, deleted all of those chat apps that take up half of your day e.g. Whatsapp, BBM, Twitter etc, and well, it all paid off.

I also want to say that if you want it badly enough you will make time for revision and study - the first few sessions may be tough, and you may not be able to concentrate straight away, but keep at it, in time you'll become focused - but remember success has to be your obsession.

Lastly, if you're still having trouble, a video I watched on the internet called 'When you want success as bad as you want to breath, by Eric Thomas' really helped me - watch it if you want.

Good luck!

p.s. feel free to ask questions, I will respond :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2015 12:22 PM BST

Oxbridge Entrance: The Real Rules
Oxbridge Entrance: The Real Rules
by Elfi Pallis

5.0 out of 5 stars Success, 18 Aug. 2013
I bought this book, followed the I start at Cambridge in October. 'Nuff said. (Hey, I got a place at Cambridge, I can use as much abbreviated slang as I want! Muahaha.)

Sex and the City 2 (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Sex and the City 2 (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sarah Jessica Parker
Offered by wantitcheaper

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong on so many levels!, 7 April 2012
Needless to say, huge fan, loved the first film.

However, this film was wrong on so many levels, let me elaborate:

1. Characters: From most of the reviews I have read I don't think anyone has commented on the characters, and how little they resemble the characters from the TV series, both physically and persona wise.

Carrie: Did anyone notice how haggard and botoxed she looked? She barely resembles Carrie anymore, yes, I know shes older now but god I don't know if I would have rather there wasn't a movie than a movie with a character that I no longer recognised. Also, since when did Carrie become mean to her friends(Charlottle elevator scene)?! She was always the character that the viewer sympthasised with - this movie questions your loyalty to Carrie - I'm not sure I appreciated being made to feel this way. Also, I really could not identify with her problem, it was such a small trivial problem (Big not wanting to come out on the town every night) and I don't think I have ever watched a Sex and the City episode where I could not identify with the issue Carrie was dealing with in that episode.

Miranda: Miranda's character was probably the most perplexing. I'm sorry but did anyone notice how strangely upbeat and optimistic Miranda was in this movie? Where was the pessimistic and CYNICAL Miranda we all knew and loved? "I have my own personal air conditioning...abu dhabi doo" - I think everyone remembers that scene outside the airport - and every new experience in Abu Dhabi Miranda gets into a flurry of child like excitement. This was not Miranda

Samantha: Okay, probably the most controversial of characters - I loved that Samantha was feisty and independent but I think she went too far in this film, appearing ignorant and inducing pity for her character - I think another reviewer was correct when they said 'she was nothing more than a sad desperate old woman'. In the TV series yes she was feisty, yes she was independent, yes she was provocative BUT she did it with class - im sorry but in this movie she made me cringe, she was like one of those friends you go on holiday with who acts inappropriately, if you can relate.

Charlotte: hmmm well i dont really know what to say about Charlotte, so, so - nothing shocking about the character. However, age has finally caught up with her - but they all looked slightly haggard.

2. Plot: The second thing that was annoying was the plot - it just seemed to me that nothing of any great importance happened to the characters in the film and the fact that they tried to make their problems more severe than they actually were was frustrating. Also it seemed that the individual plots of each character would have been better suited to an individual tv episode rather than being dragged in a 2hour movie where nothing really happened. Movies of tv series' usually mean that the viewer will be treated to a big event, no?

3. I really loved the fashion aspect of the tv series and how the episodes were SUBTLEY enhanced by the fashion element, but was there any real need to have every scene absolutely saturated with flashy images of fashion? It was like every scene was a red carpet event - another factor which proved to be a barrier in making the characters relatable.

4. Okay, I might get a lot of stick for the following but I don't care - Did anyone notice how aweful, wooden, awkward and stiff the acting was? The characters seemed to be acting like strangers towards each other, for example the secenes between carrie and big,it just seemed so artificial, so awkward, starting from the very begining when they were getting ready for Stanford's wedding. Even when all the characters were together at stanford's wedding, why were they acting like strangers towards each other? The conversation did not flow but seemed awkward - did anyone pick up on this?

And don't get me started on the Liza Minnelli scene *CRINGE* - I actually felt myself sinking into my seat watching this in the cinema.

OKAY I think I'm done...I feel so disappointed by this film I wish it wasn't made because it's ruined the great legacy the series and the first movie left behind. When I watch the series or even think about the programme I block out the last film just so I have a happy ending in my head.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2016 1:07 PM GMT

Lexmark Prospect se PRO 208 Black Compatible Ink Cartridge
Lexmark Prospect se PRO 208 Black Compatible Ink Cartridge
Offered by Badger Inks Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Did NOT work with my Lexmark Prospect SE pro208, 4 Mar. 2012
This product did not work with my printer - waste of money. It also made a huge mess whilst I was trying to find out why it wouldn't register with my printer. Don't buy this - completely useless.