Profile for Mrs. P. Chew > Reviews

Swing Swagger Drape: Knit the Colors of Australia
Swing Swagger Drape: Knit the Colors of Australia
by Jane Slicer-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite knitting book, 7 April 2011
I bought this book a year ago and thought I would wait until I had knitted at least one garment from it before writing a review. Can't fault it! I knitted the longer length modular swagger coat and now it is finished wear it constantly - definitely turns heads! I have so many comments from people stopping me to ask where I purchased the coat from! The instructions phased me a bit at first because I tried to read them through before starting - just start with the first modular square and it all becomes clear as you go along. It ended up being so easy but looks fantastic and is comfortable to wear. The photography is stunning - and clear, in so many pattern books the photos are so dark you can't see the garment properly. Love it!

A Stitch in Time: v. 1: Vintage Knitting & Crochet Patterns 1920-1949
A Stitch in Time: v. 1: Vintage Knitting & Crochet Patterns 1920-1949
by Jane Waller

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed with patterns!, 24 Jan. 2009
I have never seen so many patterns and so much information in one publication. The design and layout is very user-friendly with superb images, which makes it a pleasure to browse. The patterns themselves are so varied that I couldn't make my mind up which to knit first. I also very much liked the social and historical background to the knitting trends of each period. This is a book that every knitter should own.