Profile for Fantasy Lore > Reviews

Umbra Sinkin In-Sink Dish Drying Rack, Smoke/Nickel
Offered by Toys and Interiors

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 2 Oct. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was more than pleasantly surprised by this product when I received it (after having read the many negative comments).

The dish rack feels very solidly well made and reassuringly heavy.

The cutlery holder, while certainly very small and not suitable for larger utensils, clips onto the edge of the rack in a perfectly secure fashion.

The whole thing looks fantastic and so far I've found it very functional.

I personally wouldn't describe this as a small dish rack, as many reviewers have- it just isn't a large, family size.

PetSafe Busy Buddy Pogo Plush Ball - Large
PetSafe Busy Buddy Pogo Plush Ball - Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 2 Oct. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So far I can't say anything negative about this dog toy.

One of the main attractions to it for me was the promise of 'no mess' i.e. no bits of fluff in the short term, or complete disintegration of the whole toy over time. Although my dog hasn't been playing with it for longer than a day, the toy is holding up to that promise and from the looks of things, will continue to given the unique design.

'Large' for the description for this toy is probably accurate and therefore makes the price-tag more understandable. My dog is medium-large sized and he gets his jaws comfortably around the toy.

The malleable bracket within the toy means the toy can be squeezed, but it takes effort and therefore is more of a challenge for your dog. The fact that the squeaky element is a little hard to find is also a good idea.

Zyliss Fresh Rectangle Food Storage -  1 L, Transparent
Zyliss Fresh Rectangle Food Storage - 1 L, Transparent

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 25 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not quite sure what other reviewers see in this product that I don't.

This Food Storage Container is perfectly adequate, but no better or worse than any of the countless generic containers I've purchased over the years.

The container is nice to look at and the closing mechanism is very good, but nothing particularly innovative from what I can tell.

Even if I accept that these are 100% leak proof and air-tight, is that really such a unique claim for this type of product?

I like the Zyliss brand and own a cheese grater by Zyliss that is proving to be very practical and durable, without any signs of wear or damage over time.

Perhaps this container will prove me wrong, never need replacing and keep food absolutely secure and fresher for longer.

I guess I'll wait and see.

Recommended.

Paul Hollywood by KitchenCraft Wooden Rolling Pin with Measurements, 43.5 x 5 cm (17" x 2")

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 25 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a decent enough rolling pin. I've yet to use it, but it seems ok.

I can't recall how much I spent on my last one, so I'm not sure whether £9.96 is reasonable or not.

But undoubtedly you're paying something extra for the celebrity chef branding.

In its favour, it's a good solid rolling pin and quite heavy which of course is preferable.

Only negative point is the indentations- surely this will transfer the wording outlines whatever your rolling? Not ideal.

Recommended.

Levivo Double Blinds, aprox. 19.7 to 37.4 in (aprox. 50 to 95 cm) Width, Opaque/Transparent Striped, No Drilling Required for Mounting

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for the price, 18 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all- the price is very reasonable and if I'd known a brand of blinds existed that was so reasonably priced and of such good quality, I would have definitely ordered many more before now. To be delivered free of charge at this price too is fantastic.

Levivo wasn't a brand I was at all familiar with before ordering this product, but I'm more than pleased with the quality of the blinds for the price. I was particularly impressed with the blind design, which to me is unusual and lovely with the voile striping effect. It's very unlike more traditional blind designs, but isn't in my opinion as sophisticated looking. This blind is more about functionality.

The adjustable element to change the amount of light that's allowed through the blinds, functions very well, but my only criticism would be that most of the product images suggests you can't see through either stripe type, but it is a case of transparent and opaque (to be fair, as stated) and so to emphasise- you can see through the blind at the most opened setting.

Do also make sure you are purchasing this for the correct purpose i.e. on a door or window on top of which this can hook. It isn't a general purpose blind for any window from what I can tell, as it doesn't come with the traditional wall fittings.

Recommended for £14.99 (65x150cm).

Levivo aluminium blind with pull cord, White, 15.8 x 51.2 in (40 x 130 cm)
Levivo aluminium blind with pull cord, White, 15.8 x 51.2 in (40 x 130 cm)

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for the price, 18 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all- the price! Wow, so cheap and if I'd known there was a brand of blinds existed that was so reasonably priced and of such reasonable quality, I would have definitely ordered many more before now. To be delivered free of charge at this price is also incredible.

So Levivo wasn't a brand I was at all familiar with before ordering this product, but I'm more than pleased with the quality of the blinds for the price. Don't expect anything too spectacular at such a reasonable price point, but they are more than adequate looking and work well.

As I'm using this on a small bathroom window amazing presentation isn't really required, only functionality, which so far this blind has offered. But if you're considering ordering blinds that will be more of a feature/statement in a larger room, you would probably be best to look elsewhere.

Even when I've spent a lot more money, I've usually had problems with the fittings, brackets, screws, metal casings etc. with any blind and as with previous experiences, the accessories with this product could be better, but as these are no better or worse I can't really complain.

Highly recommended for £6.99.

Heathcote & Ivory Atlas Silks Bath Fizzer Crackers
Heathcote & Ivory Atlas Silks Bath Fizzer Crackers

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 18 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Presentation / Packaging for this set of bath fizzers is definitely 10/10. Hethcote & Ivory wasn't a brand I was familiar with before ordering this product, but it's clearly one that pays careful attention to detail.

The scent of the bath fizzer trios within each crackers however is quite mild, so if you like a strong fragrance for your indulgent bath product you might need to look elsewhere. The fizzing aspect also isn't very strong, so don't expect much of a show.

The crackers are not at all large, but what I would call mini, so for the price you might consider this only as a gift option (rather than a product you buy regularly for your own use).

As to the price, given the quality and the fact you get three items, I don't suppose £5 is too exorbitant.

Recommended.

Paul Hollywood by KitchenCraft Non-Stick Brownie Tin,  27cm x 17.5cm (10.5"x7")
Paul Hollywood by KitchenCraft Non-Stick Brownie Tin, 27cm x 17.5cm (10.5"x7")

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 18 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What I like about this cooking tin is that it's just the right depth and length for cooking brownies.

The only problem I occasionally have with brownies is with the centre not cooking properly, which is likely de to the size of the tin I've been using. However I didn't have this problem with my first use of this tin, which seems to be well thought out in that regard.

The 'champagne' colour of the tin is also unusual and complimentary for brownies.

It's described as specifically for brownies, but I don't see what it can be put to a multiple of uses.

The added bonus is the non-stick aspect that means greasing or brown paper isn't required.

In the Night Garden Igglepiggle's Bedtime Boat
In the Night Garden Igglepiggle's Bedtime Boat

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 16 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is one of many purchases of night lights I've made; there's something so comforting about them for parent and child alike.

This 'In the Night Garden' night light is particularly good and one of the best I've come across given all the features described above.

The light projection feature is as good as any other I've purchased for strength and distance, the softer continuous lighting just as useful, but the real bonus is the story-telling / lullaby feature, which achieves exactly the effect of the programme but in the comfortable setting of your child's bedroom.

The whole toy is superbly thought out and rather than being a cash in on a popular series, is actually a really practical item that's very much in the restful and supportive theme of the programme.

No/No PB00355 37 cm Friendly Polar Bear Wild Bird Feeder - White
No/No PB00355 37 cm Friendly Polar Bear Wild Bird Feeder - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 15 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite the design limiting it to a time of year when birds are generally not as eager for food in my small garden, I was attracted to this bird feeder for comic-effect alone.

I have a range of different sized feeders in my garden, which attract a variety of birds. I also try to experiment with different feed. In my experience the type of smaller birds (which this particular feeder alone caters for) that visit my garden are the most difficult to please and the rarest visitors. For that reason I knew that if I were to have any of the success promised with this feeder (and as the product description instructs) I would have to only use the Black Oil Sunflower Seeds and no other type of seed, which is a shame. You also need to use a huge amount of the food in order to fill the feeder, which is not only expensive but may also prove an unnecessary and wasted expense if the food goes uneaten.

So the large size of the feeder brings about a variety of problems, not least the mess. It's something the makers really should have thought of and adapted the design accordingly for- perhaps by having a central chamber around which the feed would be filled around and thereby take up less space. As to the hanging weight, it's heavy, but it doesn't have to hang, it can be placed on a wall or other flat surface.

But what is impressive and what does make it a worthwhile purchase is the quality of the metal, which does indeed appear very resistant to damage, wear and adverse weather conditions. I have no doubt it will last a long time and still look good as it ages, with the exception of the less durable novelty attachments that I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped off or degraded before too long.

Depending on how much success you have as a feeder, there is always the option of using it purely a decorative item, which many might find disappointing if purchased specifically for the use intended, but is in fact a great idea. The price makes it an attractive option even only as an unfilled garden ornament, in my opinion.

What perhaps I should emphasise is that this feeder will prove most successful in a larger garden, or more accurately a garden with a lot of avian visitors, in which setting many of the problems caused by its size would not be an issue, or as much of an issue.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20