Profile for K. T. Wilkinson > Reviews

Content by K. T. Wilkinson

K. T. Wilkinson

The Allen Toussaint Orchestra: 's Wonderful - 20 Great Gershwin Themes [DDD Recording]

2.0 out of 5 stars Orchestra? I'm not sure., 15 Feb. 2014
I'm no keyboard player but I have heard some of the best, and some of the worst. Difficult to know if this is an 'orchestra' or just a one man band using an electronic keyboard ( I'm open to advice on this), very thin sound and to me a very disappointing disc that soon (to me) begins to irritate in the same way that a neighbour may irritate when he gets on his Yamaha and plays it for more than 5 minutes.

Loch Ness (Blu-Ray & DVD Combo) (Blu-Ray)
Loch Ness (Blu-Ray & DVD Combo) (Blu-Ray)
Dvd ~ Ian Holm
Offered by wmdservices

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price well packaged and delivered on time, 1 Sept. 2013
Great price well packaged and delivered on time, Love this film a heartwarming tale for all the family to enjoy amidst the lochs and highlands of Scotland. This Blu Ray edition is as hoped for, brilliant clear vibrant transfer very sharp picture quality making it easy to enjoy the magnificent location scenery, and excellent sound too. Not sure why they include a DVD disc of the movie as well though.

John Barry: Out of Africa: film score [SOUNDTRACK]
John Barry: Out of Africa: film score [SOUNDTRACK]

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly moving account, 17 Oct. 2009
Don't be fooled by Julian's (Peck)review of this release, whilst the John Barry original is undoubtedly fine this is the better recording and more rewarding version. The RSNO (one of the great European Orchestras) under McNeely excels.

Goose Steps Out [DVD]
Goose Steps Out [DVD]
Dvd ~ Will Hay

1.0 out of 5 stars Who is responsible - bring them to me!, 8 July 2009
This review is from: Goose Steps Out [DVD] (DVD)
I'm certainly not going to blow good money on a butchered masterpiece. I concur with those who have obviously been bitterly disappointed - indeed I would go so far as to say robbed. Furthermore who is responsible for including a review of the VHS version which refers to the very scenes that are missing on this release - Mein Gott bring them to me, schnell!