Profile for scribbler-j > Reviews

Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Offered by Tooboon

3.0 out of 5 stars What are you waiting for?, 22 April 2014
To explain my scoring,

+6 out of 5 for the TV programme. All I will say is that, if you embark on this series I wish you the best of luck getting to the end without encountering a spoiler from somewhere. This is simply the best tv show that has been aired this decade. I can't think of anything to touch it.

-3 for the shocking disc manufacture. Sticking at several points during several episodes. Until I saw the other review on this site, I thought it was my DVD player and finished several episodes on the laptop. I also thought I got a dodgy version as some swearing had been dubbed out and this is unusual for a box set.

You might wonder why I didn't watch something else to check the DVD player. When you start watching the series you will realise why I wasn't watching anything else.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2014 6:08 PM BST

Strangers Are Just Friends You Haven't Killed Yet
Strangers Are Just Friends You Haven't Killed Yet

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a comedy, 22 April 2014
My central criticisms of this book are that it is not a comedy in any way and the Kindle edition contains an unacceptable amount of grammatical errors, the first kindle book I have seen this in. The violence, including sexual violence, is generally graphic and witless. I think the idea was to present a nihilistic view of modern society as seen through the eyes of various commentators, however the voices of the commentators are not disparate enough to prevent it from coming across as one long rant. The only characters that are in any way diverse are not very believable. If it held together as a comedy, a lot of the criticism could be overlooked, but it doesn't do it can't. I would not recommend this book.

Assassination Vacation
Assassination Vacation

3.0 out of 5 stars Lincoln Centric, 1 Jan. 2014
This book was an enjoyable read, with enough historical fact to be educational too. The coverage of Lincoln and the surrounding characters dominates, Garfield and McKinley are relatively lightly covered, but not to the extent it ruins the balance.

Logitech Webcam C500 - 1.3MP
Logitech Webcam C500 - 1.3MP

2.0 out of 5 stars Logitech software problems, 1 Oct. 2010
I recently purchased two of these and I ran into several problems installing the software (I'm running XP). I only solved the problems after downloading the full installer from the Logitech website. I find it really hard to understand how a product like this is not "plug and play". It is probably a better idea for purchasers of this item not to install the Logitech software and let the host program, Skype, etc, control it. The image quality is very good, but the installing fiasco left too bitter a taste in my mouth to give this any more than two stars.