Profile for WotMW > Reviews

Content by WotMW

WotMW "WotMW" (UK)

iPhone 6S / 6 Genuine Leather Wallet Case - Lightweight Premium High Quality Italian Leather Cover With Lifetime Guarantee for Apple iPhone by VELCONN™ (Noble-Black, iPhone 6S / 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars made from real leather an beautifully finished. It is not the slimmest of designs ..., 29 Dec. 2016
Purchased this case for its robust design as opposed to the clip in cases which don't afford the same level of protection (having suffered the misfortune of dropping my phone recently and requiring a replacement). This is quality product, made from real leather an beautifully finished. It is not the slimmest of designs but if you are looking for peace of mind and protection then this is perfect.

Pipetto iPad Mini 4 Case - Origami Smart Cover - Black (Compatible with iPad Mini 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, well designed - more robust and practical ..., 24 Feb. 2016
Excellent product, well designed - more robust and practical design than Apple's own cases and at a lower price. Highly recommended.

History Of Modern
History Of Modern
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars The Future, The Past, & Forever After..., 20 Sept. 2010
This review is from: History Of Modern (Audio CD)
First off, the packaging on this two-disc 'deluxe version' is superb. On to the album itself; this is the best OMD album since the fantastic Sugar Tax (1991), and easily one of their best overall. It is very electronic, with plenty of classic OMD "choral" synths, a good mix of dance-orientated and slow tracks. But it also sounds very modern; the clean production is top notch - I suppose this is best summed up by the album's title. The best tracks (and all 13 are quality, honestly) are the two title tracks (particularly Part I), but I personally must make special mention of 'The Right Side' and 'Green', which are simply stunning...really! There really are some special moments on HoM, and who would have thought this from OMD in 2010. Bonus DVD has some interesting video interview footage, lyrics (displayed on screen during audio playback of individual tracks), and some interesting variations of the album cover design. Overall - Fantastic.

Perfect Symmetry
Perfect Symmetry
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 & a half stars - This is a very good album, 14 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Perfect Symmetry (Audio CD)
I have this albums two predecessors, but something made me hesitant to buy this... maybe the number of poor/mediocre reviews & ratings, I don't know, but I resisted nonetheless. I finally gave in - having heard the title track (which I would rate as one of their best tracks) on radio. I am now somewhat annoyed that I didn't buy it earlier.

This album is really good. Some of the tracks are more upbeat that previously, but that is no bad thing and they still retain the Keane sound - probably due to Tom's unmistakeable vocals.

In terms of the negative criticism about a heavy 80's sound - I was in my teens during the eighties, and have a large collection of music from that era - I think this is misrepresentation of the album. The use of keyboards does not automatically justify such a tag, and I think the album is as contemporary sounding as their previous efforts (lets be honest, most of the current batch of "fresh" guitar bands could have been plucked from any of the last 4 decades).

The first 6 tracks are exceptional, with a couple of average tracks towards the end, although there is not a duff track here. The highlights for me: Perfect Symmetry, You Don't See Me, and The Lovers Are Losing.

If you have previously held a fondness for Keane, don't be afraid of Perfect Symmetry - take the plunge. This really is a good album.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2009 12:04 AM GMT

Messages: OMD Greatest Hits
Messages: OMD Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain - CD and ALL their promo videos, 7 Oct. 2008
Yes, yes, it is a rehash of the Best Of OMD from'88 and The OMD Singles from '98. BUT, and this is a big but...this new package contains ALL of the bands promo videos spanning their entire career.

Some of the videos show their age (although cleaned up nicely for this release), and are worth watching for nostalgic purposes. However, some of the newer vids are stunning - I will make particular mention of Walking on the Milky Way, Dream of Me, and Then You Turn Away - the purchase price is worth it for these tracks alone.

As a bonus, you get 20 remastered tracks on CD - not one of them a duffer (which makes this greatest hits package virtually unique, against most other artists).

Bargain purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2009 8:45 PM BST

Feather & Stone
Feather & Stone
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Some idiot only gave this one star..., 7 July 2008
This review is from: Feather & Stone (Audio CD)
I got this CD when it first came out, and was immediately drawn in by Tom's voice and the fantastic melody and instrumentation evident throughout the entire album. 10 good songs, 6 of which are very good, and two - This Boy, and The Moon & Me - which are truly outstanding.

IMHO this is better than his latest effort (which is still good, but lacking the consistently high standard of Feather & Stone). If you have found yourself on this Amazon page, just hit the purchase button...you know you want to, and I bet you won't regret it.

4 and a half stars.

Lady's Bridge
Lady's Bridge

5.0 out of 5 stars ...still not receiving the deserved recognition, 5 July 2008
This review is from: Lady's Bridge (Audio CD)
I, like many others, have Jools Holland to thank for exposing me to the talent that is Richard Hawley. When I say talent, I mean it in the true sense of the word - Hawley is a unique talent, who is still not receiving the proper recognition for his consistently high quality output.

Having set the bar high with this album's predecessor "Coles Corner" I, like some here, initially felt this album didn't quite match it. A few listens later and how wrong am I? This is every bit as good, if not even better.

Some say old fashioned, I say classic; we have all but lost the institution that was the quality independent record shop on your High Street. Richard Hawley is the equivelant of your favourite old record shop, against the rest of the mass-manufactured pap that is the cheap, poor quality mp3 download.

Get some timeless quality music - get a bit of the talented Richard Hawley. And Lady's Bridge is a good place to start.

Sony MZRH1B.EU8 Hi-MD Digital Audio Player and Recorder
Sony MZRH1B.EU8 Hi-MD Digital Audio Player and Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Best portable for REAL music lovers., 8 April 2008
I got into minidisc 10 years ago - saw it fade as hard disc and flash players came along. I bought my first Hi-MD machine (MZ-NH1) 4 years ago to keep my hand in with the format, but also dabbled with hard disc and flash (yes they are convenient for storing several gigabytes of music and gimmicky video if that's your style). But when it comes down to functionality and real music features nothing can touch minidisc.

The MZ-RH1 is the pinnicle of MD development - record in full CD quality (PCM) as well as at the highest quality compressed bit-rates. "Record" being THE word here - try recording digitally at PCM onto an i-pod, or other flash/HD machine. No chance.

Playback quality is superb through the built in digital amp. Absolutely no hiss, and at 256 or 352 bit rates you cannot tell the difference between full CD quality. The unit also has a LINE-OUT feature to play back through your hi-fi or car stereo without fidgeting with volume controls etc.

For old MD fans you can even upload your old minidisc recordings made at SP.

As far as Sonicstage software is concerned, I have never experienced a problem with it. It is really simple to use (those who complain must be really thick!!).

This machine is really sleek, and although slightly bigger than todays flash players and i-pod hard disc machines, it is still small and light. Added bonus over the flash and HD players is the removable battery.

Don't follow fashion/fads - use your ears and listen, record and enjoy a real portable music machine.

UPDATE 2010: Now more than 2 years on from my original review, I have revisted this page and am delighted to see the MZ-RH1 is still availble, and receiving positive reviews. I still use mine on a daily basis, but contrary to what I originally stated I now find myself primarily using PCM (full CD-quality) mode - the 256/352 compressed is as good as compressed musi files get, but PCM mode on this player is unbeatable, and I will no longer compromise when I don't need to. I still use flash (it is smaller for when out & about), but I am yet to find an alternative to MD that ensures absolutely no hiss, whatsoever,during playback.

To All New Arrivals
To All New Arrivals

4.0 out of 5 stars Give it a chance - this is not a bad album, 17 Dec. 2006
This review is from: To All New Arrivals (Audio CD)
A few reviewers, and long term Faithless fans, have expressed their disappointment here. I would put that down to what each individual wanted or expected from from this new release. On this occasion the album does lean a tad towards the more chilled side although I would not say it is a chill-out album. That said, the highlight of the album IMHO is the rather chilled "Music Matters", featuring the superb vocal talent of Cass Fox. Overall the tracks are of high quality, and Maxi's lyrics rate alongside previous outings. The production is top notch, as you would expect from this lot. This is a good album.