Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Life After Life
Life After Life

5.0 out of 5 stars best book I've read in ages, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
Brilliantly done. I love the city of London and Kate Atkinson has written a book that celebrates the city along with a beautiful plot line. Kept me turning the pages!

Positive Failure: Understand how embracing failure is a tool for development
Positive Failure: Understand how embracing failure is a tool for development
by Mr Alastair Arnott

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, half-baked ideas taken from real academics and turned into a poncy ideology., 18 Feb. 2013
Absolute rubbish. Nothing but ideas stolen from other academics and real writers in education. It is a glorified research paper with half-baked ideas. I work in a school and another teacher said she would leave it next to her toilet....but not for reading, if you catch my drift. Don't waste your money.

A Discovery of Witches: (All Souls 1)
A Discovery of Witches: (All Souls 1)
by Deborah Harkness

2.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment, 27 Mar. 2012
After reading the reviews for this book, I was very excited to start a great new book that takes place in one of my favorite places, Oxford. Was I ever so let down!

The book is unnecessarily long and drawn out- every few pages it seems we get to go through the daily struggle of the main character getting dressed, told time and time again how she drinks her tea (and every cup she has, no less), and the way the vampire smells and feels everytime their skin touches, as well as when he tucks her hair back.
There are some cool parts in the book, but they need to be brought closer together. By the I got to them, I felt the amount of time used getting through the rest could not be made up for.
Overall, it's long, and not in the good way when you don't want a book to end. I just wanted it to hurry up, and found myself skipping whole pages to get to something that looked interesting. It would be much better if any of the characters were likeable and had any chemistry/connection that felt real.