Profile for Bellyobibbles > Reviews

FUEL10K Protein Boosted Chunky Granola - Chocolate Loaded - 6x400g
FUEL10K Protein Boosted Chunky Granola - Chocolate Loaded - 6x400g

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 22 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Love this - a good balance of taste and nutrition, loaded with chocolate to give really lovely luxury taste.
This is perfect for carb loading before longer distance runs or bike rides. The chocolate is real too - a nice change from the synthetics some protein supplements offer.

A really tasty Granola - recommended.

Grenade Reload Protein Flapjacks Bars, Chocolate Orange, 12 x 70 g
Grenade Reload Protein Flapjacks Bars, Chocolate Orange, 12 x 70 g

2.0 out of 5 stars Eww., 22 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not for me. Really confused taste - sort of a synthetic orange but grainy texture...and a really bitter chemical aftertaste too. I was surprised as I do love Carb Killa from Grenade - these seem to be a very strange bar. Not a flapjack or a choccy treat either.
Most disappointingly is the Calorie content - well in excess of 300! 323 Kcals for a weird tasting hybrid of synthetic grainy chocolate - no thanks.

Other macros - protein 16.1g vs carbs 31.4g (9.8g sugars) and fat 13.4g.

Not worth it.

FIND Men's Chelsea Boots, Black (Black), 8 UK
FIND Men's Chelsea Boots, Black (Black), 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous., 22 Aug. 2017
This review is from: FIND Men's Chelsea Boots (Shoes)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Fabulous suede Chelsea boots for Men....that will be worn by me, not Mr Bellyobibbes as they are so fabby and he'll never know. Really comfortable to wear, they are also a doddle to pop on and off as the elastication is good around the ankle. Sizing is good and accurate which is good as come of FIND's clothing is on the small size - not so the shoes. spot on here.
I love them.

FIND Women's V Neck Flutter Sleeve Blouse, Pink (Fuchsia), 14 (Manufacturer size: Large)

3.0 out of 5 stars Size up, 22 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love FIND clothes - but again, this sizes up small so immediately I was disappointed. Large here, as a size 12, doesn't quite fit across my shoulders or is long enough for my body. I think a size 12/Large would fit someone 'petite' - under 5'4".

So size up - the top is a luscious vibrant pink, the fabric wish and flowing and the design lovely, and Fantastic quality at a really reasonable price.

Pause: How to press pause before life does it for you
Pause: How to press pause before life does it for you
by Danielle Marchant

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., 22 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The blurb on this book spoke to me - it read like a wise and honest best friend/counsellor telling me what I needed to hear........that I do too much, I push too hard, and I don't need to.

Pause. Breathe. Be present. That's what this book tells you is ok to do. And how to navigate the space of pausing.
superb watercolour illustrations, questionnaires, exercises and quotes - no two pages are the same.
It's a beautiful book - one to read, re-read, keep and give away.
I loved it.

Your Life In My Hands
Your Life In My Hands
by Rachel Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars illuminating...., 22 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Your Life In My Hands (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Before anyone slates Junior Doctors, and the action they were forced to take last year, they should read this illuminating book by Rachel Clarke. Undoubtedly she has a vested interest in telling things as she sees it, but for lay people, there is a wealth of revelation here which is shocking and incredible. She references everything fully - there's a refreshing openness and honesty here.
I think that most public services (education, social services etc) could do with a 'insiders eye' like this - we are too quick to judge what the reality of life doing these essential jobs is like.
I'm just glad that we have passionate and talented people like Rachel working for us in hospitals all over the country.

Soul Awakening Practice: Prayer, Contemplation and Action
Soul Awakening Practice: Prayer, Contemplation and Action
by James O'Dea

4.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 22 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
More spiritual than religious, this lovely little hardback book encourages an opening of the heart and soul, into a thinking in a mindful and wise way. Packed full of incredible reflections and ideas from outstanding spiritual thinkers and theorists, theres something in here for everyone. It's definitely a deep and meaningful book, and would be a lovely gift for anyone who practises yoga or meditation.

Real Calm: Handle Stress and Take Back Control (Psychologies)
Real Calm: Handle Stress and Take Back Control (Psychologies)
by Psychologies Magazine

4.0 out of 5 stars Great advice, 22 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love reading psychologies Magazine - the advice is spot on and the articles are helpful and informative. This book, is no exception.
REAL CALM is a no nonsense advice book, teaching you excellent strategies and approaches to handling stress and keeping control.
It's really easy to read, and I really liked the fact that the blue cover is replicated in the typeface on the pages throughout the book - very calming.
A good read, and good advice.

Reinvent Me
Reinvent Me
by Camilla Sacre-Dallerup

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch me grow....., 22 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Reinvent Me (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I grew up watching Mr Ben.....Stars in their eyes....you name it. Reinvention is a powerful fantasy tool. Just pop on some different clothes, a wig, some make up...and you can be a whole new character.....or can you?
Camilla Dallerup from SCD (another wonderful show full of fantasy and reinvention) has written this lovely little book offering a tight programme to motivate and encourage REAL personal transformation. It's not just about the outside, but the mindset within.
I loved it - it's a diddy book you can pop in your bag (great to read on the go) and full of actions and exercises to do within each of the 8 steps.
It's like having a fabulous, wise and kind best friend give you a gentle but necessary kick up the proverbial.
A great read, and a great gift.

Fight the Fear: How to beat your negative mindset and win in life
Fight the Fear: How to beat your negative mindset and win in life
by Mandie Holgate

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabby, 22 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After suffering from severe PTSD after an horrific road accident, I do now suffer from anxiety and openly admit that fear plays a big part in my life and decision making.
I was interested to read this book, as the author asserts that by fighting my fears, I will meet the rod to success more readily. It all makes sense on paper but in reality?
The book was easy to read, no jargon, no long studies and references, just concise chapters relating to specific fears such as 'public speaking', 'phoning people' and 'saying no' - my personal favourite.
I found the time and advice say to follow and the book as a whole one I could pick up and put down readily, but it would be there in the back of my mind after I had read it.
Its a great help. A real boost to confidence, and an excellent approach for anyone suffering from anxiety about specific things.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20