Profile for Ricolas > Reviews

Content by Ricolas

Ricolas "Ricolas" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Handel: Rodelinda
Handel: Rodelinda

4.0 out of 5 stars Well sung, dramatic, 20 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Handel: Rodelinda (Audio CD)
Some very good singing on this recording, and some well thought out decorations in the da capos. The orchestral sound is rich and the dramatic tension is maintained.

LP SUPPORTS Extreme Tennis Elbow
LP SUPPORTS Extreme Tennis Elbow
Offered by SDA-Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes life hurt a little less, 20 Oct. 2013
My arm is always going to hurt a bit, but this is without question the best arm support I have tried thus far to help with my tennis elbow.

The little gel pad that sticks into the mass of hurty tendons seems to help, and the more I wear this the better I seem to be. Easy to adjust.

NB if your hand turns purple and you lose feeling in your fingers, it is on too tight.

Staedtler Tradtion 110-2B Pencil 2B (Box of 12)
Staedtler Tradtion 110-2B Pencil 2B (Box of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top musicians tool, 20 Oct. 2013
I have to mark up scores clearly and visibly all the time, and then change those marking so need to rub out easily.

2B pencils are just the thing. And the Staedtler ones - from long experience - turn out to be the best.

HEPA Post Motor Pre Motor Filter Kit For Dyson DC04 Vacuum Cleaners
HEPA Post Motor Pre Motor Filter Kit For Dyson DC04 Vacuum Cleaners
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoover, sorry Dyson renewed!, 20 Oct. 2013
Like a new machine. Honestly. Wish I had bought these five years ago. I am an idiot. You don't have to be. Cheap to get your vacuum cleaner back on top form again.

Gunk 6731 500ml Spray Engine Degreasant
Gunk 6731 500ml Spray Engine Degreasant

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the ..you get it..., 20 Oct. 2013
Cleaned off twenty years of goop from my steering rack on my mx5 in a couple of goes in about 15 minutes. Worth the money.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and sharp, 20 Oct. 2013
Good blades, very sharp, good value.

one warning - they will rust if left in a razor too long, so they are for your most used razor if you have more than one.

Carrots Green Herringbone Country Baker Boy Hat (Green) One size
Carrots Green Herringbone Country Baker Boy Hat (Green) One size

3.0 out of 5 stars One size?, 20 Oct. 2013
Make no mistake: this is a high quality well made product.

But the 'one size' was way too big for my wife, so was returned.

However - the shop was brill and refunded straight off.

TRADITIONAL NURSERY RHYMES AND CHILDRENS VERSE.
TRADITIONAL NURSERY RHYMES AND CHILDRENS VERSE.
by collected by Michael Foss

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Oct. 2013
My kid brothers loved this book and so does my daughter. A lot of rhymes that are totally timeless, verses we have all forgotten, and the occasional rhyme that we perhaps ought to forget too - but I am the adult here, and will edit nursery rhymes as I see fit.

Old fashioned, but worthy. And your kids will love it.

Merkur - Heavy Duty Slant Bar Safety Razor (37C)
Merkur - Heavy Duty Slant Bar Safety Razor (37C)
Offered by Style & Skin

5.0 out of 5 stars My "Go to" razor, 20 Oct. 2013
Once I got DE shaving, by buying a Wilko Sword £5 razor - which is brilliant for the money - then I moved onto the Edwin Jagger DE89. The EJ89 is a phenomenal razor. And enough for any man. But curiosity lead me to this, the Merkur Slant.

And my God what a razor it is.

Without question it is unforgiving of being used poorly. This is no tool for a beginner. But equally it is not rocket science. Once you have mastered DE shaving, and provided you take it very cautiously this razor will reward you with a stunning shave.

I tend to use it with feather blades (i.e. the 'widow-maker' combo) but I find it easier with a sharper blade. Works well with Personna blues too for me. Less passes, smoother. Can't lose really. I rend to use it more than any of the others.

(NB treat it with contempt and push, shave fast and hard without prepping first decently, then the resulting bloodbath is your fault of course!)

Tippitoes Toilet Trainer Seat - White
Tippitoes Toilet Trainer Seat - White

5.0 out of 5 stars How we got our daughter potty trained, 28 April 2013
My kid would not poo on the potty. No matter what. Weeing was fine, but nothing else. However she took to this seat immediately, I think perhaps it made her feel like a 'big girl' and did the trick straight off. She is a string bean of a kid, but this seat was obviously comfortable enough for her, and it is well made and solid. Happy to recommend on the basis of my experience; obviously all kids are different!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6