Profile for Sophie Ingram > Reviews

Content by Sophie Ingram

Sophie Ingram (UK)

SKYJO, by Magilano - The ultimate card game for kids and adults.
SKYJO, by Magilano - The ultimate card game for kids and adults.
Offered by Magilano

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive little game, 20 April 2017
I bought this game for my husband for Christmas. It's come with us on many a holiday and games night. It's a very addictive little game: one where you just think you have a strategy and then something happens and you have to rethink everything. You can take it seriously, or take your time and have a chat.

Suitable for old and young; many and few (the game with just two people is so different to a more multi-player approach). There are also only 2 pages of instructions, which means you can get going pretty quickly.

Ravensburger Scotland Yard
Ravensburger Scotland Yard

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great game!, 26 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Ravensburger Scotland Yard (Toy)
A game of stealth and teamwork, you and your team have to try to find the evil Mister X who only pops up every 5 goes or so, using London's transport links.

We've played it so many times and we're not even bored yet! It's different every time!

STYLEYOURMOBILE DARK NEW PINK AZTEC TRIBE TRIBAL PATTERN RETRO VINTAGE PRINT HARD BACK PROTECTION CASE COVER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE II i8160

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but doesn't last, 4 Mar. 2013
I bought this product a couple of months ago. It's looking great on my phone, and I get lots of compliments. However, already it's showing signs of wear and tear.

Passing the Literacy Skills Test (Achieving QTS Series)
Passing the Literacy Skills Test (Achieving QTS Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help for my QTS Skills test, 4 Mar. 2013
This product was amazing for my exam. It did the job in an informative way, and prepared me for what was to come, which was very important.

It almost lost a star because the Kindle edition wasn't perfect - sometimes, in columns, the layout was confusing. However, it still does the job, and is a must for anyone wishing to be a teacher in the UK.

The Artist
The Artist

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 20 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Artist (Audio CD)
A simple must-buy for those who watched The Artist at the cinema, and for those who like the silent movie genre - some wonderful music written by a man who has certainly earned the BAFTA and the Academy-Award-Nomination (as of 20th Feb 2012). It's just so emotive and great to play whatever the mood or time of day. I would thoroughly recommend this product!

Rosie's War: An Englishwoman's Escape From Occupied France
Rosie's War: An Englishwoman's Escape From Occupied France
by Rosemary Say

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful account. How many more are there?, 15 Feb. 2012
By the sounds of it, Rosemary Say's daughter did something similar to my grandfather (who escaped a prisoner of war camp) and I, in writing down her memories so the world could know a very personal story.

Each of these stories is as unique as the next, despite the fact that they're about the same war. Even though I know she survived, it was still a gripping and harrowing story, and she turned into a character I grew close to. I found it shocking that she had to pay for the money lent to her as she tried to return.

It's quite a fast read, without much description past memories, but, bearing in mind that these are the memories of an elderly woman, that's understandable. I wouldn't have liked anything added.

If you enjoyed novels like Suite Francaise, or if you have an interest in personal stories of World War II, or history in general, this is a wonderful addition to your Kindle or bookshelf.

Suite Francaise
Suite Francaise
by Sandra Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful masterpiece, 17 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Suite Francaise (Paperback)
Some people kept putting this book down because they couldn't get into it.

I kept putting it down because of the pain it gave me: the pain Nemirovsky wove into every storyline was phenomenal. Not just that of general invasion, but on so many different levels for every character. So painful, too, to know that she wouldn't survive the war to know the happy ending and freedom on the other side.

There are many characters and story-lines interwoven, which may put some people off, but I thought it was brilliant: a collective pain, rather than that of just an individual. In a way, it's not important to remember who everyone is, really, just that it's June 1940/ occupied France and they're all dealing with it in separate ways.

Also, I'm not usually someone who reads long forewords or anything, but the appendices are really worth taking the time to read, and also very painful. I think this was a great addition.

5/5 for me because I don't think I've ever read anything so beautiful.

La Radiolina
La Radiolina
Offered by lise et ses cd

5.0 out of 5 stars A different style, but clearly not a different quality..., 7 Oct. 2007
This review is from: La Radiolina (Audio CD)
Once more, Manu Chao has outdone himself. His style is slightly different than before - leaning more towards anti-politics and rock than reggae and drugs. I adore his multilingual approach, and the content of his tracks give the audience, multilingual or not, something to think about. The quality of music is awesome. A must have not only for language students all over, but for people who adore good quality music and lyrics of a man who obviously puts heart and his soul into what he does.