Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for Templar Truth > Reviews

Content by Templar Truth

Templar Truth (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
The Trumpet Sounds for Britain: Volumes 1, 2 and 3 in One Edition
The Trumpet Sounds for Britain: Volumes 1, 2 and 3 in One Edition
by David E. Gardner

5.0 out of 5 stars The Trumpet Sounds for Britain by David Gardner - A wonderful book that everyone ought to read, pray and act upon., 28 Dec. 2016
I read the three original parts to this book back in the 1980's, and it is a very inspiring book, as well as a warning against the corruption that, most sadly we still see in this country. In spite of its warning, it is a great incentive to prayer and suitable action as God seems to lead us.

The following represents a description, adapted from elsewhere, to stand in for the missing one here on Amazon.

The first edition of The Trumpet Sounds for Britain was published as a trilogy in the 1980s. The central message, calling the people of Britain to remember their Christian heritage and turn to the Lord in repentance, is even more important today.

David Gardner spent many years of his life and ministry "sounding the trumpet". He died in the spring of 2002. Now the baton passes to others at this crucial hour in the nation's history. This book has been republished in one volume to make it available as a foundational resource to all who should put the trumpet to their lips.

Comments on the Book:

"David Gardner has provided us with a unique analysis of the Christian heritage of Britain, one that would take an enormous amount of study to repeat".
- Dr Clifford Denton

"I commend this book. It is written with the authority of the author's personal Christian convictions".
- Group Captain Sir Douglas Bader

"My friend the padre, the Rev David Gardner, has once again sounded a stern tocsin for the Christian West".
- General Sir Walter Walker, former C in C Allied Forces Northern Europe

"This is, and is intended to be, a deeply disturbing book, and should most certainly be read by the increasing number of our fellow citizens who are deeply concerned at the obvious moral and spiritual decline of our nation..".
- Sir Cyril Black, former MP for Wimbledon

Premium Shatter Proof Crystalline Tempered Glass Screen Protection for Lenovo IdeaTab A8-50 8-Inch

4.0 out of 5 stars This MXtechnic Glass Screen Protector has saved my tablet screen, 23 Dec. 2016
I have now had one of these installed for two years. While it isn't so good for avoiding smears the other day I accidentally trod on my tablet. Even though it was in its protective case, I was dismayed to find what I thought was a cracked screen. Still on turning on my tablet, it still worked fine as usual. It was only the screen protector that was cracked and not the main screen. I am sure that had it not been for this screen protector, the main screen itself would have taken the impact and cracked. I have now ordered another one of these screen protectors - a small price compared to having to either have a new screen installed or having to buy a new tablet.

Incidentally I have pulled a bit off the cracked screen protector off, to check the main screen itself. It was fairly easy to do. The bit of glass protector was fixed to the screen with a thin silicone film and once I peeled that off the now loose bit of screen protector came off nice and cleanly. This bodes well for when I remove the damaged screen protector to replace it with the new one.

I am so glad that I invested in this screen protector.

The Art of Ukulele: An Essential Handbook for Players and Performers
The Art of Ukulele: An Essential Handbook for Players and Performers

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful Advice, 4 Nov. 2016
I treated myself to downloading the Kindle edition of this book last night and have started reading it, with great interest. This is not a beginners instruction book, but I rather think that it would give them some helpful advice just the same, as well as to add some depth to their learning. I think it will also be of interest to other ukelelists and fill in gaps in their knowledge.

So far I have been reading about different stumming techniques, including of all things, practicing with a paper bag or bit of card at times when one's uke is not available. Also listening to music with a view to getting a better feel of the beat, as well as practicing getting one's singing right and clear so that listeners enjoy hearing us that much more.

This promises to be a very enjoyable and helpful book whether one ploughs through it systematically, dips in now and than, or uses it for ongoing advice. I look forward to learning more from it.

Thank you Ralph for your efforts.

The Mountain of Silence: A Search for Orthodox Spirituality
The Mountain of Silence: A Search for Orthodox Spirituality
by Kyriacos C Markides

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Book, 21 Mar. 2016
I very much enjoyed reading this book some years back. Somehow the lovely sun and landscape of Cyprus came over to me on reading this book, on top of the wisdom of the holy priest from Mount Athos, which was encouraging and helpful. I think Christians and others of all traditions will like this book. My one gripe is that it is not published in ebook format. If only publishers and authors would please catch up with the reality and value of the ebook format. It is so frustrating when they can be so behind the times on this !

Ko Lee Instant Noodles Chicken Flavour 90 g (Pack of 24)
Ko Lee Instant Noodles Chicken Flavour 90 g (Pack of 24)
Offered by Emaan Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Used to be Five Star, but no longer and very disappointing !, 17 Dec. 2015
New Improved Recipes ! These were really nice before they changed the recipe, but now they are tasteless and I have had to supplement them with a separate vegetable bouillon. I will not be buying them again, unless somehow I learn that they have changed back or really improved beyond the previous very tasty versions.

CHOSIGT Ikea Plastic Funnel Kitchen Liquid Pourer Assorted Colour Set of 2
CHOSIGT Ikea Plastic Funnel Kitchen Liquid Pourer Assorted Colour Set of 2
Offered by * * * SHOPPERS STOP * * *

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good thought out design for practicality, 7 Dec. 2015
These are IKEA Brand and made in Latvia. I like the design very much and unlike silicone equivalents they are nice and solid so will not go floppy the weight of liquid in them. The spouts fit nicely in the small beer bottles I have filled and the handles make for much easier holding than more conventionally designed funnels.

I think there is is enough flexibility in the plastic for them to survive accidentally dropping on the floor,although they would probably crack if crushed. I have just tried pouring boiling water into a cup to test mine and this gives me a feeling that they would probably be dishwasher proof, although, as with any plastic, prolonged being in boiling water would probably warp them.

360° Flip Style Cover Smartphone Case for Wileyfox Swift, black, flip cover - K-S-Trade
Offered by D. Schmitz

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good and the only flip case like this that I have found, but has one or two shortcomings., 7 Dec. 2015
This is a very nice case making it very easy to flip back to use my Wileyfox Swift mobile. It swivels to enable photos to be taken, whilst also having the camera lens protected when not swivelled. This also means that it can be swivelled for the cover to be closed whilst either charging or using the headphone socket. There are two small tabs at the end of the flaps which if put one on top of the other seem to engage a magnet to keep the two sides together, although it would be helpful if the magnet was stronger. I may fix some velcro on the little flaps for a more secure hold.

I like the fact that this case doesn't have a plastic part that the mobile needs to be clicked into, so not adding to the bulk in comparison to some other cases. The drawback of this is that the sides of the mobile are not so well protected, especially as the sides of the case are more or less flush with the mobile.

In common with other things I have had made in China with a sticky plastic pad meant to hold the phone in the case, it isnt that sticky and with the rubberised back of the mobile that doesn't make for the best adhesion. For the first few days the mobile has held in place reasonably alright, but, probably partly because of the heat of the mobile or of my hand it has started to let me down and the phone has come off. This is not very satisfactory and a disappointment. I am going to doctor the swivel pad taking the plastic sticky pad off and substitute this for some velcro coins which I feel sure will hold my mobile in place more securely, with the added advantage of being able to take my mobile out of the case easily in need. I think it would be much better if the manufacturers fitted a velcro pad for this purpose in the first place, as long as the pad that sticks to the mobile, as with genuine velcro is sticky enough to stay well attached to the mobile.

Spiral Drain Cleaner 6ft
Spiral Drain Cleaner 6ft

5.0 out of 5 stars This strong type is the best, don't waste your money on others !, 28 May 2015
I have always used these and was glad to get this fresh replacement of others that I have mislaid, or which perhaps have been borrowed from me. There are others out there for clearing kitchen or bathroom plug holes, but, as I have found, including the one with the velcro bits on them, they are a waste of money and time. This snake or worm, if you like to call it that, is much more robust and will certainly, with a bit of coaxing sometimes, get to places that others cannot get to.

In my experience, the ones with the velcro bits will get bits of hair out of the area just below the plug hole, but the velcro bits can come off, or simply lose their grip as they become encrusted. Other worms, like the ones with the wooden handle and L shape near it, ostensibly to enable turning it round to clear the bits, are far too weak and are likely to simply role up on themselves probably in the U bend. Last time I tried one, the spring also got caught and I had quite a job getting it out. Needless to say, the implement was rather bent up and no longer of any use.

The slightly opened spring on the end gets hold of hair and other stuff, enabling its removal, or alternatively breaks up whatever is down there, so that it flushes down and away. It can also help if you run the tap a bit during pushing it up and down, to get further down and ultimately as far as it will go, even up to the handle bit.

Incidentally there are similar versions of this for clearing blocked toilets and (up to a point), external drains. Although for an external drain, if that doesn't do the job, using the special rods. for the purpose, will do the job nicely, although make sure that the rods are screwed together tightly and always turn them clockwise in the tightening direction of the screws, to make sure they don't risk unscrewing inside the drain, causing an even worse problem.

The Awe-Inspiring Rites of Initiation: The Origins of the RCIA, Second Edition
The Awe-Inspiring Rites of Initiation: The Origins of the RCIA, Second Edition
by Edwin Yarnold SJ

5.0 out of 5 stars I thoroughly recommend this fascinating book, 9 April 2015
I read the original edition of the following book back in the 1970's and found it absolutely fascinating, as well as inspiring. I thoroughly recommend it and it has, no doubt, contributed greatly to the RCC's rethinking of how to induct adults towards becoming Christians.

I must read this updated and expanded edition sometime myself. I would be particularly pleased if the publishers produce an edition in ebook form too, which I am sure would be a great step forward for many of us.

In Harmony All Ways
In Harmony All Ways

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely relaxing piano music with a bit of wildlife accompaniment, 2 April 2015
This review is from: In Harmony All Ways (MP3 Download)
First of all, I declare an interest as Debbie is one of my Facebook Friends, although that hasn't influenced my view of this lovely album of piano music. It features special guest appearances, in the background of some of the her neighbours, birds and animals who live on, or around the lake just by her home. She even gives some of them the last words on the final two tracks. That is very appropriate too, because some of the proceeds, I understand, go to help an animal rescue centre that she supports.

The music is very relaxing and of the kind that you might hear playing gently in the background from a live pianist in a good restaurant. I can just imagine Debbie playing it on her white grand piano, at sunset and gazing out of the window at the scenery of the lake, similar to her photo used for the cover. I have never been there myself, but can imagine it from the lovely photos that she shares from time to time.

I think many people will like this album and it would make a very good present for relatives and friends who like this kind of music. Debbie is a very good musician and teaches the piano as well as the zither to children. She has also produced some very helpful books showing a kind of tab for a number of tunes for zither players, especially beginners who may also not necessarily be able to read ordinary music. I think they may also be available here on Amazon. Some of the proceeds of these also go to help the animal charity that she supports.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11