Profile for playitlouder > Reviews

Content by playitlouder

playitlouder

C'est La Vie - The Collection
C'est La Vie - The Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars Was super excited about this collection coming out, 23 Feb. 2016
This review is based on the product and not on the group themselves (as they rock!).

Was super excited about this collection coming out; more so purchased to add with their previous albums I have. Super pleased that Bsides and remixes are on here though the only disappointment is that the "collection" is missing "Love and Money"; "Thank Abba For The Music", and "Hold On" I really thought these tracks would have been on here and their absence have made this compilation incomplete IMO.

(Perhaps a dvd release with all their music videos someday would be fabulous!!)

Harry Potter Film Wizardry (Revised and expanded)
Harry Potter Film Wizardry (Revised and expanded)
by Brian Sibley

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this book, 11 Dec. 2012
I must admit when I heard there was a 'Revised and Expanded' edition of this book, I was really looking forward to seeing new content for Deathly Hallows 2.

When the first edition of Film Wizardry came out, I loved it. It was well worth the money, so I thought why not get the revised edition, with all the extra pages and content.

The second edition is a COMPLETE waste of money. With a MASSIVE 6 extra pages (Returning to Gringotts; The Battle at Hogwarts; and 'the Tale of the Three Brothers') :S :S ... while this is great, it really came as a shock. I could have done without this edition - I was definetely expecting atleast another 14-20 pages. Also the quality of this book has been 'dumbed down'. Forgive my choice of words here. If you have both editions of this book, you will know exactly what I mean. The quality in the pages is terrible; and the overall print of the images are darker throughout the book; you can't really see the darker pictures clearly. Also the removable props are not well designed as they were in the first edition; and the colouring is off. Having looked at both editions side by side, I was very dissapointed with the second release. The bonus photo book that comes with this edition is completely useless. I would have preferred another bonus removable prop (a page from the Daily Prophet, perhaps?).

If you do not have the first edition, then I'd suggest buying this due to the extra pages / content. But if you have the first edition already, do yourself a favour and save your money.

Film Wizardry overall is a fantastic book; the content and the layout of the book is well designed, but the revised edition was a serious let down.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2013 10:23 PM GMT

Harry Potter Poster Collection: The Definitive Movie Posters (Insights Poster Collections)
by Warner Bros.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing images, 11 Oct. 2012
excellent photo poster book showcasing various movie covers and promo's used for the movies. on high quality cardboard and images are high quality as well ... no dots/blurry images.

make sure you buy 2! one for your collection and the other to actually pull posters out to use on the wall ! :D love it.

Harry Potter Wizard's Collection Box Set (Blu-ray + DVD + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe

1.0 out of 5 stars "All that has been hidden is now destined to be revealed" ????, 23 Mar. 2012
THIS ... IS ... A ... LIE !!!!!! Not all will be revealed, in fact, I wouldn't even bother marketing this useless box at all. This product is the result of an 8 BILLION DOLLAR PROFIT; so I think it is quite fair to say that this collection is an outright INSULT to every Harry Potter fan in the world.

Let's start with the books which are amazing and probably because it was only JK Rowling who pieced together this story and had nothing to do with WB. Now let's move to the movie adaptations, the director's did a great job for 1 - 4 ... the director for 5 - 8 did a terrible job (and I mean PATHETIC job) on the films, not to mention making the longest book (OOTP) into the shortest movie with 45 minutes cut, and then making the final book into 2 parts, without really giving us real action. Let's not forget HBP... which made no sense and had no climax towards the end. Like that wasn't punishment enough?! WB started releasing many versions of each movie (1 disc edition, 2 disc edition, ultimate edition etc), and multiple editions of box sets (1-3 set; 1-5 set; the 1-5 trunk; 1-8 set etc); which okay, if you've purchased all these movie's already, really there is no need to buy the Wizard's Collection ... but in the meantime WB have profited PLENTY of money from those who actually bought the movies previously... so now to come out with one final box set known as the Wizard's Collection, you'd think it would be one-tenth decent.

Don't be silly ... keep milking the consumer's; double ... triple ... quadruple dipping into our wallets. The fact that this set has memorabilia in it, is enough for me to want to buy this; but come on, why don't WB give the fans what we're asking for and what we really want to have?! Most people I'm sure would be happy to fork out half a grand if you knew WB was really giving you everything. But they're not. Why can't WB thank their fanbase for making Harry Potter the biggest grossing franchise ever, by releasing these movies with extended versions? I have read other comments / reviews where people have said something along the lines of: "stop complaining!" or "don't get it if you have the movies already" or "you knew WB would release an ultimate box set eventually" ... like saying this in your review means you should be giving this product 5 stars - how is that justified?! Why are you giving the product 5 stars??? And you know what '5 star reviewers'; not being rude in any way, but the fact that you can comment and rate the item 5 stars, is just as bad, if not worse. Atleast the 1 star reviewers gave their reasons as to why they believed the product deserved the one star. People have every right to complain as much as they want about a product that my great-great-great-unborn-grandchild could have made with their hands tied behind their backs and their eyes sealed shut. We're going to be paying HALF A GRAND for this box set ... we should be complaining!

Let's talk about the mixture of DVD, Blu-ray and ultra-violet :s :S :s THIS MAKE'S NO SENSE! Take Movie 3 'Prisoner of Azkaban' as an example:
Four discs include:
1) Theatrical version on Blu-ray
2) Theatrical version on DVD
3) Special Features on DVD
4) Creating the World of Harry Potter - Part 3: Creatures on Blu-ray

According to this description, there are no special features on Blu-ray. And `Creating the World of Harry Potter' documentary isn't playable on DVD ... WTH?! I know this may be a very little thing, but its things like this that are meant to make the WIZARD'S COLLECTION the best Harry Potter box set ever! Someone who is paying this amount of money would want to watch the extra's, but are limited to what content they can watch based on their home entertainment player. Also no extended edition. I don't believe that the biggest grossing franchise of all time really can't make this happen. Thousands of people have waited the 10 years for this kind of set (whether you bought the movies previously or not) and are still getting a SLAP ON THE FACE - FREE OF CHARGE WITH THIS PRODUCT. Going back to the mixture of discs, release 2 editions - one with only DVDs and one with only Blu-rays. DVD discs cost nearly nothing to make so why this is overpriced is beyond me. Extend those movies and WB will notice more people actually buying this. It's a necessary change.

"All that has been hidden is now destined to be revealed" OH PLEASE x10000. What a massive marketing fib. The extended cuts of 3 - 8 are still hidden.

`Bonus Disc' exclusive to the Wizard's Collection. What a SNOOZE-FEST, like one disc of unseen content justifies the price-tag and the pretty cardboard box and the other discs' already seen content ranging from 6 months to 10 years old.

Exclusive memorabilia... The `Label Collection' and the `Catalogue of Artefacts'. I know these collector books are exclusive to the set, but exclusive content? ... I don't think so. If you have Film Wizardry and Page to Screen, you'll know that most of what is inside these already owned books will re-appear in the Label Collection and Catalogue of Artefacts. These two books can be a bit of a joke and are useless to the buyer. I'm not sure how this is good? Other 'goodies' include sketches and concept art images. It's not rocket science, how extravagant is the paper going to be? It's on cardboard... not gold! Also the map of Hogwarts, the entire layout is false - what an insult to every fan who looks at it. This is probably the only exclusive item inside the box (as in, never produced or seen before). The more information that comes out about this box the more disappointed I am; given the price tag, I was expecting a lot more `wow' and a lot less paper-made-related exclusives.
If i were JK.R, I'd be absolutely EMBARASSED at how WB has insulted fans with this pathetic box. JK gave the fans Pottermore FOR FREE... she truly wanted to thank her fans for where she is today. WB have profited BILLIONS and while I understand you've got to pay something for this box set... give us SOMETHING WORTH IT, or is this how WB want to thank their fan base?
The only information we don't know about this box, is what the remaining 2 exclusive movie memorabilia items are. I'm finding it very hard to justify spending this amount of money on these exclusive extras, which I'm sure, did not cost much to make to begin with.

I also know for a FACT that WB are listening and reading our comments; cause when the box first came out the house colours were incorrect and mixed up on the inside lid, and since a lot of people noticed and pointed it out, it has since been fixed up to represent the correct house colours. NOW YOU HEAR US ALL LOUD AND MAGICALLY CLEAR - GIVE US EXTENDED CUTS. Not just deleted scenes added in, but actual unseen footage and we know you have heaps of it.

One other thing is the price, from the first movie 10 years ago, to the last about 6 months ago now (since its DVD/Blu-ray release), $349 does not justify the cost at all - and that's a sale price! If you were to buy the oldest movie to the most current, in total you would be looking at $140 tops, even in a `normal' box set. So really you're looking at about $210 (or $360 when not on sale) for the extra exclusive memorabilia (which so far has not grabbed my attention in the slightest), and an extra 5 hours of new footage in a pretty looking box. That's disgusting. This set should be $300 at full price (a fair price tag I think, with WB still making a extra for their pockets). For this price though, WB really should have included a few more things like:
- the soundtrack for each movie in each respective movie box
- 3d glasses, Luna Lovegood style, so we can actually watch the 3D versions
- a page of the daily prophet
- a unique collectible that hasn't been produced yet, like the 'Ravenclaw Diadem' horcrux, even a scale model of it.
- extended cuts for all 8 movies

Based on all that I've said, what do I rate this?! Zero? No ...less than zero. I've been a bit nice, and will rate this item a 1 star because I can't rate this product lower than that here. Who knows, when the item comes out maybe I'll change my review. But given that most of the product information is out I highly doubt I'll grow to like this box.

Oh and P.S. Warner Bros... Fire your Harry Potter marketing team you massive idiots.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2012 12:42 AM BST

Harry Potter: A Sticker Collection
Harry Potter: A Sticker Collection
by WARNER BROS. CONSUMER PRO

5.0 out of 5 stars THE MOTHER OF HARRY POTTER STICKER COLLECTIONS, 2 Feb. 2012
This was an AMAZING sticker collection ! I didn't expect it to be this amazing when I recieved it, so flipping through it page by page was incredible. You get over 400 stickers across all 8 films. I'm currently 24, and a fanatic Harry Potter fan, I was originally on the fence about buying this book, cause I'm not really into stickers. However this book fit perfectly into my Harry Potter collection - an awesome keepsake to just have on the shelf and have all the stickers in tact.

The collection starts off with some images from year one on one page... then 3 pages of various Harry stickers; 2 pages of Hermoine stickers; and 2 pages of Ron stickers. These stickers are either movies stills, official photos of the characters, movie posters and heaps more. The next two pages contain various stickers of 'Magical Beasts, Creatures and Beings'; followed by a page of different 'Hogwarts Staff' across the years.

Moving on there is a page titled 'Order of the Pheonix', showing various characters from the Order including the Order symbol; 2 pages of 'Voldemort and the Death Eaters; then a page dedicated to 'Hogwarts Houses'. Then there are pages showing images from Years 2 to 5. After these images, there is a page with stickers of 'Dumbledores Army', two pages of 'Quidditch' - which I found so interesting; not only showing the characters on their broomsticks, but also sitckers of the snitch, various Quidditch crests and stickers of prop images from the 422nd Quidditch world cup; including stickers of props that I hadn't really noticed in the film before, so it was quite entertaining to me. Following 'Quidditch' is a page each of 'Potions' (labels) and 'Magical Transportation', then two pages of 'Magical Items' including the Sorting Hat, the Chess Set, Horcuxes and more.

Then a page titled 'Diagon Alley', a page of 'Wizarding World Sweets' (wow!!), and two pages of 'Weasley's Wizard Wheezes' (woooowwwww!!!! x 2). Then there's a page showing various stickers in memory of the 'Triwizard Tournament', then onto the next page titled 'The Yule Ball', and finally (one of my favourites) a page dedicated to 'The Ministry of Magic', showing many magical department logo's and magical posters. Then there are a few pages after this showing images from Year 6 and 7.

This book is a MUST for any Harry Potter fanatic; or even for kids who I'm sure would enjoy using them on everything EVERYWHERE!! :D ... 5 Stars!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2015 10:03 AM BST

Harry Potter: A Pop-up Book: Based on the Film Phenomenon
Harry Potter: A Pop-up Book: Based on the Film Phenomenon
by Lucy Kee

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome ... BUT WANTED MORE !!!, 23 Jan. 2012
I can't believe how delayed I was in purchasing this book, considering it came out a while ago. I absolutely love the pages within. I have no shame - I'm 24 and I love this book. Definetely a movie momrobilia item you'd want to have.

The only downfall is that I would have loved to have seen more pages in this book :( ... at least another 2 - 3 big pop ups. There are 5 major pop ups (Diagon Ally, Hogwarts, The Dark Arts, Magical Creatures, and Magical Games). Perhaps if they added other key scenes like 'The Great Hall', 'The Ministry of Magic', or even the 'Gryffindor Commonroom' aswell I think I would have given this 5 stars. The style of this book has amazing concepts so I'm not sure why - when designed - that they didn't consider adding a few more pages to make this book a real collectors item.

The book also has mini interactive pop-ups on each page and come's with a Howler and some collectable posters - which were fantastic. Will never disagree with movie-prop content added with these books !

Nonetheless, I still love everything about it. Definetely grab a copy while it's still in print !

Harry Potter Film Wizardry
Harry Potter Film Wizardry
by Brian Sibley

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT! MUST HAVE!, 15 Jan. 2012
While similar content to 'page to screen', I still believe Film Wizardry is a must have - this book is very unique. The artwork on ALL pages is amazing, and the bonus movie memorabilia included (map, letter, yule ball invite and much more) was really what made this book a 10 out of 5 !!! Cover art amazing. The only downfall is I would have liked to have seen more pages of Deathly Hallows 2 included in this book, but still loved it anyway. The amount of information in the book will blow you away it's full of interesting facts and photos. The movie memorabilia alone is good enough, if you look at it all together, plus the book, it's definetely worth the money !!! Infact I'm very surprised the price wasn't originally higher (thankyou Amazon UK for the great deal!). Grab a copy before it's gone forever

The Complete Harry Potter Collection: (Adult Paperback Boxed Set)
The Complete Harry Potter Collection: (Adult Paperback Boxed Set)
by J.K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH THE MONEY, 15 Jan. 2012
Out of all box sets available I truely believe this one is the best one. The cover art is appropriate, and the box the books come in keep the books dust and damage free. The book even displays images from titles of the book, like the 'stone', 'azkaban', etc... loved it ! On the book shelf in it's own special Harry Potter section!

Garfield Fat-Cat 3-Pack, Volume 15 (Garfield Fat Cat Three Pack)
Garfield Fat-Cat 3-Pack, Volume 15 (Garfield Fat Cat Three Pack)
by Jim Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally it's here..., 15 Jan. 2012
Have been waiting for this title for a while! 3 comic books in 1 - the collection finally continues. Issue 43 44 and 45 are included in this volume, definetely worth the money for any Garfield fan wanting to collect the daily comic strips. Full colour.

Harry Potter: Page to Screen
Harry Potter: Page to Screen
by Bob McCabe

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING POTTER BIBLE ..., 15 Jan. 2012
This book is a must for any potter fan. Limited to 60,000 copies on it's first print, I'd get in very fast. It covers everything in the Potter universe and is the ultimate guide for any true fan to treasure for a lifetime. Never seen anything like this before. The amount of detail and effort put into this book is truely incredible.