Profile for Ukeydo > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic
The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic

4.0 out of 5 stars An intriguing page-turner, 30 April 2016
I found this book to be very different in its approach to magic so I didn't immediately feel at home. The main character was definitely used to being treated like a "liberated" woman and subsequently found her position very challenging when faced with men with very restricted views about women. I admired her ability to buckle down to very practical household skills despite her instinctive desire to rise to more intellectual pursuits. It was definitely a book which held my attention and kept me guessing about how everything would work out. I suspect that there may be further adventures in the pipeline.

SODIAL(R) 2X Pure White 6 SMD 1210 LED 31mm Car Interior Festoon Dome C5W Light Lamp Bulb
Offered by A Brilliant Planet

4.0 out of 5 stars SODIAL LED car interior bulbs, 13 Dec. 2015
The bulbs are a direct replacement for the originals in my car, and work well.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter Illustrated Editi)
by J.K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful new look for an established favourite, 4 Nov. 2015
I am probably one of the oldest fans of the Harry Potter series of books by J.K. Rowling having just celebrated my 77th birthday. I love the format of this book now and would have loved it as a youngster, I always preferred books that had illustrations. I approve of the fact that this book lists the chapter headings at the beginning, something that was missing in the UK versions, making it easier to find your place if you didn't use a bookmark. I chose the book to add to my collection because of the quality of the art work by Jim Kay, which is entirely to my taste and it is interesting to see the very individual touches he brings to the pictures. I have one word of warning, this is a surprisingly heavy book and will need to be placed on a flat surface to be read in comfort.

The ALL SOULS Real-time Reading Companion
The ALL SOULS Real-time Reading Companion

5.0 out of 5 stars The complete package always at your fingertips, 24 Oct. 2015
I was delighted to have access to a portable reference Companion to enable me to re-read, in real time, the first book of the All Souls Trilogy, A Discovery of Witches. It contains the dates of the events of the book which covers just forty days in the lives of two main characters, a witch and a vampire, who, according to a long tradition, should have no social contact. Fate intervenes and in that short span of time they meet, interact, fall in love, meet family members, face death, and fully committed step together into the past to hide from their pursuers. This time line lends itself to being read at the right time of year and the story is subtley enhanced. The author has also enriched her story with relevant photographs of places, objects, manuscripts etc together with links to music she found useful for maintaining a mood whilst writing her story. Previously I needed my computer to access these goodies but now it is all neatly packaged in an ebook format.

PLIMSOLES PLIMSOLLS LACE UP PUMPS ESPADRILLES TRAINERS SHOES CANVAS LADIES WOMENS MENS BOYS GIRLS FUCHSIA SIZE 6
Offered by Footwear Sensation

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pumps., 23 July 2015
The plimsolls are just as I expected them to be. They arrived before the expected date, and fit perfectly. I would certainly buy again.

The Glassblower (The Glassblower Trilogy Book 1)
The Glassblower (The Glassblower Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't blow this opportunity of discovering an excellent writer, 6 Jun. 2015
I bought this book for two reasons 1) because it was on offer at 99p and 2) because the historical background about glass-blowing in Germany interested me. I was highly satisfied on both counts but it was so much more because the author has a gift for good story-telling and creating believable characters. Despite the fact that I am probably much older than the average reader of romantic fiction I found the story-line so gripping that I found it very hard to put down. Needless to say I ordered the second book (not on special offer) and now I have to wait until September to read the final book. I have every confidence that it will be as absorbing, moving and inspirational as the first two parts of the trilogy.

Green / White Flowers - Sterling Silver Glass Charm Bead - fits Pandora, Chamilia etc style Bracelets - SpangleBead
Offered by Pierced And Modified

5.0 out of 5 stars Springtime in a bead, 20 April 2015
This bead is very accurately photographed and I will be using a pair of them in my May Day design bracelet. Goodbye winter!

Pink Rainbow Shimmer Foil - Glass & Sterling Silver Core Charm Bead - fits Pandora, Chamilia etc style Bracelets - SpangleBead
Offered by Pierced And Modified

5.0 out of 5 stars A real eye-catcher!, 20 April 2015
This bead is very well photographed and does not disappoint. It catches the light in the most magical way. Enjoy!

iGadgitz Red Leather Pouch Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 & LG Google Nexus 4 E960 Android Smartphone Mobile Phone
Offered by iGadgitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart work, 22 Mar. 2015
I have been using this pouch for some months now and I have found it very satisfactory to use. It pays to give some thought to the way you place your phone in the pouch in order to maximise the speed of extraction when you receive a call. I love good design and quality materials and this clever protective cover has both. Full marks.

A Man's Word (The King's Hounds series)
A Man's Word (The King's Hounds series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost in translation?, 22 Mar. 2015
The story was quite interesting and I didn't suspect the culprit, the historical period was reasonably well set with descriptions of various interiors and market-place activities. I am aware that this is a translation from the original Danish so I do not know who to blame for the lack of any period feeling in the dialogue, but was it really necessary to use the Americanism "momentarily" which was employed incorrectly, as usual? I very nearly stopped reading at that point. I am not tempted to read any more books by this author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10