Profile for 350Chevy > Reviews

350Chevy

Playmobil 4859 Summer Fun Family Camper
Playmobil 4859 Summer Fun Family Camper
Offered by STARLINGS TOYMASTER

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely campervan but very small & not fully assembled, 6 Jun. 2012
This is a nice little camper van with lovely attention to detail and some good accessories - we liked the people and the bikes. However my main criticisms are that you have to put most of it together yourself (I don't mind putting a few stickers on, but if I'm paying this much money for a toy, I don't expect to be attaching wheels and headlights and taps etc myself, to be honest) and overall it is absolutely TINY. It's my first Playmobil purchase and whilst I like the style and build quality, I honestly expected it to be a bit bigger than this - big enough for my daughter to use with some of her little dolls - but she will only be able to use it with Playmobil figures which is a bit disappointing, as she likes to mix and match her toys. On the plus side it won't take up much room in her bedroom! So overall, a nice campervan but for the price it should be twice the size and fully assembled.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic leotard, 21 April 2012
Ordered this (size 5-6 years) for my petite 4 1/2 year-old and it fits lovely, some growing room but not much - so I think they probably come up on the small size, you might want to order a size bigger if you have an "average" sized 5-6 year old. Good basic leotard, comfortable and with pretty detailing across the chest seam. Haven't washed it yet so not sure how well it washes.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 - Double Play (Blu-ray + DVD)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 - Double Play (Blu-ray + DVD)
Dvd ~ Kristen Stewart

1.0 out of 5 stars Blu-Ray is missing a special feature as listed on box, 14 Mar. 2012
Received my blu-ray copy of this today but one of the special features (which are a bit thin on the ground to begin with!) are missing, specifically the "Filming of..." which I guess is the one most people are interested in. There's lots of threads about this across the internet, so if you're thinking of ordering then it might be worth holding off until this issue is resolved!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2012 10:08 PM GMT

Oxford Reading Tree - Read at Home Full Pack - 31 Book Collection series Set RRP 123.69 (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 Includes The Snowman, Funny Fish, The Monster Hunt, Featuring Kipper, Chip, Biff, Floopy and others) (Read at Home)
by Roderick Hunt and Alex Brychta

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely set of books, highly recommended, 31 Mar. 2011
I bought these a few weeks back for my 3 1/2 year old daughter and they have been an instant hit. They include a very useful handbook with instructions on how to use the books and some great advice on how to start teaching your child to read. My daughter was fascinated by the very attractive box set, we have called them her "school books" and she has quickly become obsessed with reading them - the only downside is that I'm struggling to stop her from ploughing on ahead to the higher level books that she's not ready for. Each book includes suggestions on how to get your child thinking about and talking about the story; simple games at the end, such as ryhming games or matching games; and a "find the (whatever) in each picture" game. These games definitely help the child to see the books as fun rather than learning so would probably be appealing even to a child who isn't all that keen on the idea of reading. Although I think my daughter is just memorising the stories at the moment, she is definitely starting to pick out more key words and is starting to relate words in her "school books" to words she sees in print elsewhere. So a very useful tool for early readers and a really nice set to have on the bookshelf - although I can't see how anyone would pay £123 for it!

Bright Bots Boys Washable Potty Training Pants 4pk Small with PUL waterproof Lining - Boy (upto approx 18 months)
Offered by Home & Nursery

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pants but very, very small!, 31 Mar. 2011
Bought these for my 21 month old; they are a great training pant, very comfortable and well-made, attractive colours and they look very much like "big boy pants". Hold small accidents very well. But as other reviewers have pointed out, they do come up VERY small - my boy is exceptionally small for his age so I went for the small rather than the medium, and they barely fit round his (very slim) thighs. So unless you're putting them on a one year old, go for the medium size!