Profile for H. Wakenshaw > Reviews

Content by H. Wakenshaw

H. Wakenshaw "pootler" (Newcastle)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Knife Sharpener - Smart Sharp by Lantana. No1 Choice for Sharpening Kitchen Knives. Next Generation 3 stage Manual System for professional results - ceramic stone, tungsten carbide plates, diamond rod. Ergonomic Design with a Stylish Black/Chrome Finish. Used by Chefs World Wide - Sharpen Your Blunt Blades Now!
Offered by GT Homeware

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for the price, 3 Aug. 2016
Really pleased with this. I've had a couple of knife sharpeners. Both so unpleasant to use that I very rarely bothered unless I absolutely had to have a sharp knife. This left me with a good quality knife block full of dull knives that were becoming more and more useless.

So I gave this sharpener a go, based on the reviews. While I don't think it works as well as having your knives professionally sharpened, this does a pretty good job. It's super easy and fast to use - pretty much idiot-proof. Sits nicely in the hand and feels comfortable. Takes up very little space in the kitchen drawer. And it does actually work quite well. I've not tried the tomato test yet, but my knives are definitely much better at dealing with meat, onions, carrots and fish.

It does file away the metal of the knife, but much less so than the electric sharpener I have. Used properly, this should not wear your knives away too much. But you might not want to use it on expensive professional knives - leave those to the professionals.

MYTK Ear Defender Ear Muffs Adjustable Noise Cancelling Headphones 31dB for Sleeping, Studying, Construction, Shooting, Hunting, Drilling, Sawing, Welding, Racing
Offered by Maiyu Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars and are comfortable and study, 17 July 2016
Finding a pair of ear defenders for an older child with autism is tricky. You needs ones that block out enough of the right sort of noise, and are comfortable and study. And in our case, they have to fit a large head too!. We'd been buying the Silverline 633816 Folding Ear Defenders,as they were the only ones that we could get away with that actually worked. (Cheap too!) But were going through about three pairs a year as they broke so easily.

So, I took a chance on these. My son took to them immediately. I can't tell you how good they'll be for concerts or using power tools, or anything like that. But I can tell you that my son will wear them (so, comfortable and not too heavy) and they dull ambient noise and block out some other noise entirely. You can still hear, but everything is just a bit less intense. They are really sturdy too. These will definitely be our go-to ear defenders now!

W7 Absolute Lashes Mascara
W7 Absolute Lashes Mascara
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe such an amazing mascara costs so little!, 7 Jun. 2016
I've gone through so many mascaras looking for the one that will:
Not run and smudge and end up under my eyes making me look ill and sad
Stay on all day.
Help my lashes keep their curl
Lengthen and thicken without looking clumpy
Not make my eyes water

NONE of them worked. And amazingly this did. It's a little thicker than the Benefit mascara it's trying to be, but not clumpy. Just an amazing product at an amazing price. I'll take this over all the expensive ones in my make up box every day of the week.

W7 Porefection Pore Minimizer
W7 Porefection Pore Minimizer
Offered by Infinity Online

5.0 out of 5 stars The only primer that works for me!, 7 Jun. 2016
I've got a box full of all sorts of primers that cost up to £20 each. All of them promised to mask blemishes, or hide pores, and make my make up stay on. None of them worked. Or if they did hide pores, I ended up looking like I was wearing a death mask.

This little beauty beats them all, hands down. Masks pores, gives a natural looking base, and makes my make up stay on longer, and be more natural looking than any of them others. Along with W7's astounding version of Benefit's They're Real Mascara, this is my favourite product in my make up collection.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III Case, xhorizon TM FLK Fashion Premium Leather Folio Case [Wallet Function] [Magnetic Detachable] Fashion Wristlet Lanyard Hand Strap Purse Soft Flip Book Style Multiple Card Slots Cash Compartment Pocket with Magnetic Closure Case Cover Skin for Samsung Galaxy Note 3/III (N9000)
Offered by xhorizon

4.0 out of 5 stars The best case I've ever had, 16 May 2016
Absolute bargain. Holds loads of cards, with space to tuck away a few bank notes too. It feels like much better quality than the price suggests. Magnet holding phone to case works well, and best of all, it means I can just take it out and stick it straight in the holder in my car without any faff. Added bonus - magnetic case sticks to metal parts equipment at the gym so I don't have to leave my phone on the floor! This is the phone case I've been looking for for years!

Biotin + MSM Hair Growth Vitamins 10000MCG Biotin + 250mg MSM 365 Tablets (1 YEARS SUPPLY!) MONEY BACK GUARANTEE UK Made BUY 2 GET FREE UK DELIVERY 6 Month + Supply Best Supplements for Hair Loss Best Beauty Treatment for Men and Women - Glucosamine - Incite Nutrition Biotin B7 + methyl sulfonyl methane Complex Better Than Shampoo Not 5000MCG Capsules Benefits Healthy Hair, Nail Growth and Skin UK Manufactured
Offered by No.1 Supplements Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Appears to work so far!, 16 May 2016
I have very thick hair in good condition... everywhere but my eyelashes and eyebrows. I hoped this product would make a difference to those.

I've been taking it for a month, and the eyelashes that I'd pulled out by accident have finally grown back after months of being wee nubby stumps, and they are definitely fuller. My very sparse eyebrows seem to be looking a little bit less bare too. Now it could just be wishful thinking, but I've been walking around with barely there brows for years, and I really do think they look more substantial than ever after taking one of these pills a day for just a month. I'm really curious - and excited - to see what they look like when the year's supply is used up.

I was offered this product at a discounted price in return for an unbiased review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2016 10:51 AM BST

KVAGO 360 Degree Swivel Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Folio Case Cover for Apple iPad mini 3 / iPad mini 2 Retina Display Ultra Thin Laptop-style Flip Turn keyboard Case - Blue
Offered by Kvago

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price. Really happy with it!, 22 Mar. 2016
I used this product with an original iPad mini (non retina) and despite the description not mentioning this model, it works fine.

Connecting is super easy. Just turn it on and select Bluetooth keyboard on your iPad.

The unit itself is very sturdy, and feels quite well put together. Once I worked out that you had to slide out the top fully in order to use it as a stand, it fit together nicely.

The keyboard includes dedicated buttons such as volume and the home key, which are handy and help avoid the need to touch the screen. The keyboard size is good, as is the tactile nature of the keys. They resemble old fashioned keyboard keys, rather than the soft touch most keyboards have now. I did find I had to press the space bar particularly quite firmly and this took a little getting used to. If you're used to using the iPad onscreen keyboard, you have to teach yourself to properly press the keys to get them to work. The only gripe I had with the keyboard is the bizarre placement of the question mark. The iPad on screen keyboard is two along from the M key, but on this keyboard it's further up. In addition to this, you press FN and then they key, rather than shift. This makes it much slower to type a sentence with a question mark than it would if the key was put in the same place as the onscreen keyboard.

Viva Labs #1 High Potency Vitamin D3 5000 IU in Non-GMO Olive Oil for Enhanced Absorption, 360 Softgels

4.0 out of 5 stars Good dose at a good price, 3 Jan. 2016
I've been taking vitamin D for years, originally as a mood enhancer to combat the effect of living in countries with little sun, and then later as a way to help protect my bones when I started running. If I don't take my vitamin D, I do notice a subtle difference in my mood and energy levels.

I've often struggled to find a supplement that delivers a good dose at a good price. Lower doses seem not to work - 5000 has always been the right amount for me. I notice the difference with less, but no difference with more. So dose wise, these are great. And at just ten pounds for a year's supply, the price is excellent. For some reason, vitamin D pills often come as massive softgels that are a bit of a pain to swallow. These softgels are tiny.

I've been taking them for two weeks and if anything I'd say my mood is a bit better than it was with previous vitamin D supplements I've tried. This could be all the holiday season wine though! In any case, I've not noticed any other differences, which, as long as it continues, will make these my supplement of choice from now on.

KINGFOM Two Sided Swivel Oval Desktop Makeup Mirror with Embossed Roses and Mounted Beads for Home, Jewelry or Watches Cosmetics Showcase (Standard) (Bronze)
Offered by Kingfom

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but overpriced, 6 Dec. 2015
This is a cute decorative mirror with some lovely detailing. Before ordering it, check the measurements - it's surprisingly small. Not quite big enough to see your whole face to do your make up in, but fine for a quick check. Would be lovely in a downstairs loo, for example.

The metal frame is solid and pretty heavy. The base is metal too, but actually looks like plastic. The two cone as separate parts but screw easily together, and are solid and stable.

It's a sweet little mirror, but it does not look like it costs as much as it does. It's a £10 item at best, being sold for a higher price. But if you really want an adorable, small decorative mirror just like this, it would be worth a bit more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2016 6:55 AM GMT

Premium Peanut Flour 500g (17.63oz)
Premium Peanut Flour 500g (17.63oz)
Offered by The Cherry Mill

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this stuff, 8 Nov. 2015
I love this stuff. It's ridiculously cheap, and packs a load of nutrition into a small number of calories. If you're after a quick, tasty protein boost, this is a great product to have in your cupboard. Everything about it is fine, UNLESS you are expecting it to be PB2. It's not. It's just peanut flour.

I add it to berry smoothies with protein powder to make a PB&J shake.
I mix it with salt, water and sweetener to make peanut butter.
Add it to greek yoghurt with sweetener - amazing with fresh strawberries.
Mixed with a syrup, like Walden Farms caramel or pancake syrup it makes a lovely spread.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2016 8:41 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6