Profile for EBrown > Reviews

Content by EBrown

EBrown (UK)

Murder Among Friends (Crime Classic Reprint)
Murder Among Friends (Crime Classic Reprint)
by Elizabeth Ferrars

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent character-driven whodunit, 4 April 2016
I’ve read half a dozen books by Ferrars, and this is her best so far. It’s a whodunit, a ‘whydunit’, and a great insight into a group of friends who meet at a flat towards the end of the war. A murder is committed, someone arrested, and that seems to be that – except Alice, the viewpoint character through whom the story is narrated, has her doubts. What follows is her meetings with the other friends to build up an acute psychological portrait of not only the woman accused of the murder, but the other people present at the scene of the crime. The characters are three-dimensional, the portrait of London in the blackout very well done, and the final twist beautifully delivered. Riveting.

Cat Maxwell, Men Warm Lining Ankle Boots, Brown (Dark Brown), 9 UK (43 EU)
Cat Maxwell, Men Warm Lining Ankle Boots, Brown (Dark Brown), 9 UK (43 EU)

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaking shoes, 30 Oct. 2014
These shoes were fine for almost a year, and then started leaking. I won't be buying CAT footwear again. Very disappointed. I'd give no stars, but that option isn't available.

Darwin's Doubt
Darwin's Doubt
by Stephen C. Meyer

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!, 20 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Darwin's Doubt (Hardcover)
This book is Creationist drivel written by someone with no understanding of paleontology. It's littered with errors, false assumptions, and mendacious assertions. Of course Darwin had doubts - doubt is part of being an inquiring scientist. Avoid this lazy, lying hackwork and read books about Darwin, Evolution, and the Cambrian Period by real scientists.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2015 10:51 AM GMT

Puppy Power (Honey)
Puppy Power (Honey)
by Anna Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars has not read it yet, Looks really good., 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Puppy Power (Honey) (Paperback)
I've got Puppy Love and Pup Idol, both by Anna Wilson and read them both. Soooo good! I've got a puppy at 11 weeks and thought maybe that they were training Honey from this book I could use some of the thing for her. Like for a wee they say "empty". It works (well a bit!)

Hoping I can get this because it looks so good and I know I'll like because read both Puppy Love and Pup Idol!

Sylvanian Families Hedgehog Baby
Sylvanian Families Hedgehog Baby

5.0 out of 5 stars silly age, 16 Feb. 2013
i was veiwing this when i saw that on the bit were it says Manufacturer recommended age the age is 4 to 11 months i rember think "why did they put that"? a baby could choke!

Sylvanian Families Log Cabin
Sylvanian Families Log Cabin
Offered by Grasshopper Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it - worth the money, 16 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Sylvanian Families Log Cabin (Toy)
My mum gave me it for xmas and i love it! its better then just sitting in front of the T.V,because it makes me use my imagination. My hedgehog family moved in and they agreed that it was 5 stars! They are still living in it.

Rose: Book 1
Rose: Book 1
by Holly Webb

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really good!, 3 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Rose: Book 1 (Paperback)
I recommend this book to children who like adventure stories. It is about a girl who is kidnapped by an evil woman. I thought it was scary but exciting. I would like to read the other books in the series.

Happy Mouseday (Corgi Pups: Perfect for new readers)
Happy Mouseday (Corgi Pups: Perfect for new readers)
by Dick King-Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Mouseday, 26 Feb. 2012
Happy Mouseday is about a young boy who wants a pet mouse, but hs mum and dad won't let him have one. So he decides to get one on the way home from school with his friend, and he looks after it in his tree-house. I liked this book because I liked the mouse, which was called Nice. By Freya, aged 7.

The Hodgeheg (Puffin Modern Classics)
The Hodgeheg (Puffin Modern Classics)
by Dick King-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love It!, 19 Feb. 2012
This is a really good children's book because Dick King-Smith makes his animal characters come alive. The story is fast-paced and interesting. I would recommend this book to every child. By Freya, aged 7.