Profile for SQUARE EYES > Reviews

SQUARE EYES

Roberts Unologic DAB/FM RDS Digital Radio with Built-in Battery Charger - Black
Roberts Unologic DAB/FM RDS Digital Radio with Built-in Battery Charger - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Gr8 little radio, 8 Nov. 2013
What a great DAB radio this is. If you use reachable batteries in it then it will charge them when plugged into the mains adaptor. The sound is clear and natural and the choice of stations wide, being an FM & DAB radio. If you are looking and can't decide, buy this one you won't be disappointed.

SLx 27820R 4-Way Aerial Distribution Amplifier
SLx 27820R 4-Way Aerial Distribution Amplifier
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GREAT, 8 Nov. 2013
If you need an aerial in another room or 4 then get this it is fantastic. The signal is superb.

Panasonic KX-TG8564EB Quad Corldess DECT Telephone set with Colour screen and Answer Machine
Offered by magicdiscounts

5.0 out of 5 stars PANASONIC CORDLESS PHONES ARE GREAT, 8 Nov. 2013
Previously I have had BT ones... useless, and Philips ones... OK for a couple of years. But the Panasonic ones knock spots off the others.

NETGEAR WN3000RP-100UKS Universal WiFi Range Extender (WiFi Booster)
NETGEAR WN3000RP-100UKS Universal WiFi Range Extender (WiFi Booster)

1.0 out of 5 stars NEXT TO USELESS - USE AN ALUMINUM CAN INSTEAD, 8 Nov. 2013
I bought this extender for my mother who has an I-pad. The router is in one room and between her and the router is the kitchen. I placed the extender in the kitchen halfway between the router and where my mum sits in the lounge with her I-pad. The speed from the extender is useless the I-pad could not do anything with the relayed signal.
I switched off the extender removed is from the wall and then did the following:
Got an aluminium cider can. Cut off the bottom, removed the tab from the top, and then cut down the can on the side opposite the hole. Then I cut round the top of the can leaving a 1 cm piece connecting the top with the body of the can. I then slipped the hole in the top of the can over the router aerial and opened up the can a bit, so it looks like a pair of wings around the aerial. The signal from the Wi-Fi router is now 100% in the lounge and mum's I-pad works a treat.
So don't waste your money on the extender, get a Wi-Fi router with an aerial and slip a modified aluminium can over the aerial, the results are spectacular.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2013 3:06 PM GMT

Flipper Big Button Universal Remote for UK / EU
Flipper Big Button Universal Remote for UK / EU
Offered by Flipper Remote UK / EU

2.0 out of 5 stars WORKS THE TELLY BUT NOT THE SET TOP BOX, 23 Oct. 2013
I bought this for my 92 year old neighbour who is housebound and watches a lot of telly. She is a very smart lady and has all of her faculties but the remote for the Goodman's STB was too small for her to see properly. I set up the telly fine and then I tried the codes it had for Goodman's but none of them worked. I then went into a darkened room and set up the learn function. When I tried that in the telly/stb combination the STB would go up a channel and then froze. Tried programming using the learn function 5 times without success. I told her she needed a telly with an operational built in tuner to get the best results from the Flipper. I have kept it in case I can use it in the future, my parents are 90 next year and although they don't need any help at the moment I have always been taught to expect the unexpected.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2013 2:01 PM BST

KitchenCraft Non-Stick Induction-Safe 6-Cup Egg Poacher / Sauté Pan, 26 cm (10")

3.0 out of 5 stars Good poacher but shoddy quality, 2 Feb. 2013
We bought our 6 egg poacher about 4 years ago (not on amazon) and it has had constant service since. About 1 month after we bought it the handles fell off two of the pods, and one of them was cracked so could not be screwed together again. The non-stick surface in every pod has bubbled and fallen off in patches. In fact it was while I was looking for replacement pods I noticed this pan for sale.

We use a 1 cal spray in the pods and they don't stick.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars 500GB FOXSAT HD PVR, 22 Dec. 2010
I bought this sat box and cancelled sky HD and second room all options that was costing £71 per month. The choice of programmes and quality over the satelite are more than adequate. The stop, pause, rewind, tv is dead easy to use and the record option from the on-screen guide is as simple as the sky one was.

If you have sky, kick it into touch and grab yourself one of these, it will pay for itself in 3 monts!!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2012 3:29 PM BST