Profile for Kim Nash > Reviews

Dora Designs Bogart The Pug Doorstop
Dora Designs Bogart The Pug Doorstop
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality unmatched, 26 Jan. 2014
Dora Design created the best unique dog doorstops on the market. Copies don't compare. The detail and durability is great - plus they're British! Good value online too.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't think it worked and found out can damage puppies livers, 26 Jan. 2014
Everyone recommends trying this, but I don't think it worked and found out can damage puppies livers! Obviously, as soon as I found out I stopped using immediately.

Apparently it's antibiotics, which is why you can't get it in shops in the UK (they have to be subscribed by vets). The other point is there are lots of reasons that could be causing the runny eyes, so although antibiotics can work for some its not the answer. Probably better off asking your vet to prescribe some to see whether it works, under more controlled and professional guidance.

Maybe I didn't give it long enough (2-3 months) but I wouldn't want to risk damaging her organs with prolonged use, now I know more!

Take Me Home Cute Dog Door Stop - Chunky Cord Ribbed Dog 28cm - Grey
Take Me Home Cute Dog Door Stop - Chunky Cord Ribbed Dog 28cm - Grey
Offered by Carousel Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these, 26 Jan. 2014
I have a brown one too, they really nice, heavy and durable. Can't fault really, although light grey does get dirty easier.

Take Me Home Cute Dog Door Stop - Chunky Cord Ribbed Dog 28cm - Chocolate
Take Me Home Cute Dog Door Stop - Chunky Cord Ribbed Dog 28cm - Chocolate
Offered by Carousel Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely, 26 Jan. 2014
I love these, they are nice, practical and fairly cheap. I have a grey one too, but this one is a bit different, so my favourite. Plus it doesn't get as dirtly and looks like my friend's chocolate lab

Slate 3 Recess Oblong Tray 30 x 10cm | Slate Platter, Slate Board, Slate Serving Tray, Slate Presentation Tray, Sauce Holder Tray
Offered by Drinkstuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab value, 26 Jan. 2014
I use these as a classy way to display products that are samples, to distinguish from purchase ones and they look great. Easy, classy and very cheap for what they are. I've bought a few! Never arrived broken.

The Borgias - Season 2 [DVD]
The Borgias - Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Irons
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love It, 26 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Borgias - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I literally want to say nothing about this that might spoil this except BUY IT. Great follow in from the first, does not disappoint.

Petkin Petkin Sunscreen Stick
Petkin Petkin Sunscreen Stick

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't comment on whether it actually works, as it isn't sunny enough - but the spray version is much better, 26 Jan. 2014
I got this as a sort of sun-block version to compliment the lighter spray.

I though, like with human versions, the thick white chap stick version would act like the human sun-block. Like the ones you get when skiing to put on your burning nose... I was thinking the same for my dog, as it burns their worst, I could spray all over and if areas are still turning a little pink, use the thick sun-block stick version on them.

Problem is, it's not sun-block, it's no stronger than the spray! So what's the point. Personally I think it's just a gimmick...

Why would you choose the thick opaque, greasy version on a stick over the light, grease free, easy to use spray? As I thought, it does leave a thick white greasy mark over the area, that doesn't sink in, like block does, and horribly matts the coat in that area, yet adds no additional protection.

Stupid product, stick to the spray and save your money.

Petkin SPF15 Sunscreen Spray
Petkin SPF15 Sunscreen Spray

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't comment on protection as it isn't sunny enough - but other wise all good, 26 Jan. 2014
Well I tried this out, even though it isn't sunny enough, just to see whether it made the coat greasy or discoloured. It doesn't, which is great.

My dog didn't seem to mind me spraying it on her, didn't try to lick it off and like it says on the back, the colour quickly disappears. I can't tell how deeply it penetrates into the coat onto the skin, or if it actually works to prevent burning though.

It also didn't change the coat texture when dry as much as I thought it would - although it obviously does a bit and is noticeable. For what it is though, it isn't greasy on hair like most human lotions are on us, and I don't think you can expect it to be an entirely normal fur texture.

Scent wise - a bit sugary and synthetic to me. Coconut and Vanilla sound like a lovely combination but in my opinion doesn't work. I think one or the other would have been much better.

Dogs & Co Sorted Dog Hair Detangler and Conditioning Spray
Dogs & Co Sorted Dog Hair Detangler and Conditioning Spray

5.0 out of 5 stars Works amazingly well, smells lovely - best I've used!, 26 Jan. 2014
I like to go natural as much as I can - especially with my animals. This is the third product I've tried for de-tangling and definitely the best, although think it may be the least natural too...

However the one claiming to be the most natural was Wild Wash, and although it worked a bit, it really wasn't that good - so I think sometimes you have to compromise...

To me this seems mainly natural. The scent is lovely and fresh and natural smelling. Unlike the pre-mentioned, my dog didn't try to lick it off. It had a nice texture, went straight into the coat, I only had to run my fingers through and the intense matting in the undercoat just disappeared - very impressed!

It also dried almost immediately when I brushed through and her coat was actually left looking like it does when she's been washed in really good natural shampoo. It also didn't discolour her coat at all (which is white) and didn't dry in a rough crispy way that couldn't be brushed out (ruin the texture) like Wild Wash did. So thumbs up all round really!

Pet Head Oatmeal Paw Butter 59.1 ml
Pet Head Oatmeal Paw Butter 59.1 ml
Offered by Happy Dog Care™

3.0 out of 5 stars A little impractical but does work to soothe cracked paws, 26 Jan. 2014
Smells pretty good - although a little synthetic. Sounds like lovely natural ingredients, although doesn't actually say it's a natural product, so doubt it fully it.

I though it would be more waxy so would moisturise and protect. It is actually very greasy and doesn't really sink in. So not at all practical for a product that goes on the paws.

I didn't really see any immediate evidence of it helping the dryness or cracks of the paws, as it just seemed to sit on top. However, the next day I felt her paws and they did seem softer and the cracking had diminished - so it does work!

It doesn't protect the paws though, which I think would be better because if her paws are just softened they'll be more liable to be sensitive when out walking on rough concrete, which doesn't really solve the problem. Maybe use this, then a different protection balm?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5