Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Jamie S > Reviews

Content by Jamie S

Jamie S (South Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2
World War Z [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
World War Z [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Zombies, 7 Jan. 2014
If you are into zombies and need a movie that doesn't require thinking about, ideal for lads night in, and goes well with a pizza; cold bottle of suds and feet up then stick this in your Blu Ray player and settle down. Oh and if you have a good surround sound crank it up!

Polished Chrome Finished Metal Ceiling Pull Switch 6 Amp
Polished Chrome Finished Metal Ceiling Pull Switch 6 Amp
Offered by ELECONLINE

4.0 out of 5 stars Pull switch, 4 Oct. 2013
Was concerned at first with the price being quite low but generally found the unit to operate fine and given that these chrome and chrome effect pull switches where we live are hard to find (B&Q /Homebase /Wicks didnt have any) these were a savour and enabled us to complete our bathroom. Switch operates with a light but sure click unlike some which wake the whole house up at 3am. Happy enough we bought 2

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 12 July 2012
Arrived well packaged and protected. First thoughts were ok doesn't feel like the same material build as I dare say the original Canon item does but ultimately this is only a device for holding additional batteries and making life easier when shooting in portrait mode.
I have to agree with other reviews the attachment screw does feel a little weak and I'm sure you are more than capable of over tightening it and damaging the unit's screw thread wheel so assuming we are all careful adults using this sort of kit then we are more than mindful not to overdo it...
All the functionality is there and it does what it should do - which if we are being fair is all we expect it to do. I'm pretty sure that I won't be using the AA battery adaptor that came with it as I dare say a 7D would drain them in a blink of an eye so that can stay in the box!
Simply put you get 2 batteries and the grip and for the amount paid it's a steal. Being honest I can't see the point in getting the Canon original and I'm more than happy with the purchase. Ok the batteries that come with it will not communicate with the camera but this is not an issue for me and my level of photography. It wasn't purchased because money is an option the simple reason for this and not the OEM was is it going to improve my images? No! so why pay more, I'd rather put that towards some good CPL filters etc

California Scents Coronado Cherry Car Scent Air Freshener
California Scents Coronado Cherry Car Scent Air Freshener

5.0 out of 5 stars Pong gone, 13 Mar. 2011
Not sure why everyone has panned this. I got the cherry one and attached it to the sat nav's disc box of tricks under the seat and it works a treat. Car smells very cherry and given it's location under the seat it is near the rear air vent so it circulates very nicely. I can't see much wrong with it, I suspect it will have a reasonable life span and yes I'll be getting another.
Well fitting lid with a flow control built in so I'm happy

Mums Still Know Best: The Hairy Bikers' Best-Loved Recipes
Mums Still Know Best: The Hairy Bikers' Best-Loved Recipes
by Hairy Bikers

5.0 out of 5 stars Please sir can I have some more?, 5 Mar. 2011
What's there to say? 2 big dudes, great bikes and they cook, what's not to like? We now own 4 of their great books and this one to be honest is filled with nothing but stuff you would want to cook. No pretence, glamour or them silly French star award things (or the chef's ego to match them) this is all about great wholesomeness and food that makes you beg for more even though you feel as stuffed as a pig at some medieval shindigs.

This is what home cooking is all about as far as we're concerned. Si & Dave offer something slightly different in terms of home classics and food from around the world that, and this is key, importantly you are able to cook as all the ingredients can be sourced in any of the branded supermarkets. There's nothing worse than trying to find one of them key components that gram for gram cost more than the family car.
Try the Kroketten and Lil's Kiev they are just fantastic.

To sum this book up: It's full of mouth drooling food that just wants to give you a great big hug!

52Mm Neutral Density Filter Kit (Nd2, Nd4 & Nd8) For Kodak, Canon, Nikon, Or Any Camera With A 52Mm Filter Thread!

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap yes, poor quality...no, 26 Feb. 2011
I'm still learning my photography skills but needed some filters, for the money paid I took the gamble and it seems to have paid off. The filters work and the threads seem good and well cut. No issues in getting them on or off the Panasonic lenses and the fit is good. I dare say that as the years go buy and I change cameras I might invest in better filters but to learn the trade there is nothing wrong with these. We used them in the USA shooting picture in the badlands in cloudless and extremely bright blue sky and they certainly help us get the right result. If you are learning or on a tight budget get them. If you are a pro and a pro with a photographers eye you might see a difference but for us we're happy.

Slim Carry Bag for Playstation 3
Slim Carry Bag for Playstation 3

3.0 out of 5 stars off out with your PS3, 26 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Slim Carry Bag for Playstation 3
It's a bag! ok the PS3 slim fits in it with the controllers and a couple of games. It ends up being a bit of a snug fit and I think it could have done with a little extra padding. For the times I use it, its ok it does but I don't have a lot of confidence in the protection it offers to the controllers especially the thumb sticks hence the 3 stars

CAT Footwear Women's Caribou Shelter Fur Trimmed Boot P304675 6 UK
CAT Footwear Women's Caribou Shelter Fur Trimmed Boot P304675 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Not mine...honest gov, 26 Feb. 2011
I bought these for my fiancée (no seriously I did, my feet are too big for them) she loves them and they are to quote "sooooooo warm and comfy". Good grip as far as I can tell - well I haven't had to pick her up off of her backside in the high street. Cat are a great brand for both male and female. I dare say she'll have many happy hours trekking about the sales in them this year....and next year

GENUINE BUGATTI SLIM CASE DUO CAPPUCCINO LEATHER SLIDE IN CASE/COVER RETAIL PACK SUITABLE FOR NOKIA N8

4.0 out of 5 stars Great..., 26 Feb. 2011
Ok so I'm reviewing a phone case...I've yet to meet one of my friends that like this phone case but so what. As far as I'm concerned it spends 95% of it's life stuck in my pocket where it matters. It houses my Nokia N8 like a glove and protects my phone from the contents of my pocket like keys, money and what ever else finds it's way in there. My phone is now 5 months old and still looks brand new - a major plus for when I sell it on. The build quality of the case is great; strong stitching and as it wears it is starting to look better. The velco flap is strong and if asked if I would buy another one it's a simple "yes".
Why only 4 starts...guess there should be more of a colour range.

TEA Infuser - GREEN - with drip stand - made by Tovolo
TEA Infuser - GREEN - with drip stand - made by Tovolo
Offered by Good Thymes

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought another, 26 Feb. 2011
Clean, easy to use but best of all you don't need to burn your fingers getting it out. Nice holder that takes care of the drips and holds a good quantity of loose tea. I suppose the best feature of all is you get no residue taste of the infuser. I drink a lot of white tea and have noticed in the past that both plastic and metal tea infusers have left an odd taste in the tea, ok not an unpleasant or strong taste but nevertheless it's not supposed to be there. With this infuser I would have to say it's not happened so 5 stars. In terms of space, the design gives enough for the water to move round the tea and the holes are of the right size so you don't end up with natty bits in your favourite brew. What's left to say other than...stick kettle on!

Page: 1 | 2