Profile for Lucy Kessler > Reviews

Lucy Kessler

Page: 1 | 2
Web Design In Easy Steps
Web Design In Easy Steps

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but not very well designed for Kindle, 12 Sept. 2013
I liked the content - nice, easy to understand (I'm a complete beginner!) and links to where you could practice. But there was no way to navigate to a particular chapter on a kindle, and there were lots of unnecessary pictures which broke up the text. I would recommend buying the book rather than the e-book.

The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2012-2013
The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2012-2013
by Martin Birchall

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 1 Aug. 2013
It's a list of the top 100 graduate employers, but not much else. I found it a useful starting point, so I recommend it for anyone like me who knows roughly what they want to do (in my case, general management), but not sure which companies offer it. It's not a good way to research a company you already know the name of though - they only get one side, and it's mostly purple prose about how great they are, rather than useful knowledge.

Love Is Not Enough: A Smart Woman's Guide to Money
Love Is Not Enough: A Smart Woman's Guide to Money
by Merryn Somerset Webb

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and clever, 1 Aug. 2013
I really liked it - it was a great blend of dry humour and matter-of-factness. Lots of good tips, which I am currently trying to implement. It's already getting slightly out of date, unfortunately (as a student, the line that student fees are expensive at £3000 made me sad...) but I think most of the key information is correct - like, "check moneysupermarket"

Greek Key Words: The Basic 2, 000 Word Vocabulary Arranged by Frequency in a Hundred Units, with Comprehensive Greek and English Indexes
by Jerry Toner

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, not sure if it's the best option, 17 May 2013
It's definitely got a lot of vocab, but I think asking for a word list might be better - I'm not very sure that those are the top 2000 words, since in 6 years of Greek there were an awful lot I hadn't met. But I've never done New Testament Greek, so that might explain those words.

Also, very simplistic on meanings - only gave two at maximum, and therefore not necessarily the important ones (eg aner translated to "man" but not "husband"). And it doesn't give any principle parts, so if you didn't know (eg) eimi was irregular, you're in trouble!

Dining With The Doctor: The Unauthorized Whovian Cookbook: 1st edition
Dining With The Doctor: The Unauthorized Whovian Cookbook: 1st edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit chatty, but good for fans, 17 May 2013
It goes through each episode, giving a recipe for each one - lots of good ideas, though some episodes were clearly harder than others! It is a bit chatty, which makes it good for light-reading, but if you're a very serious cook, might get more annoying. But I liked the tone, and am going to use some of the ideas for my Dr Who party - overall, a success!

Things I Want My Daughters to Know
Things I Want My Daughters to Know

4.0 out of 5 stars Things I want my Daughters to Know, 22 April 2013
Really well written, and very sad! I cried at the beginning especially - I like the development of the characters, and the style (a chapter on each character, as they go their seperate ways)

Etc Etc Amen
Etc Etc Amen

2.0 out of 5 stars Etc Etc Amen, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Etc Etc Amen (Kindle Edition)
Dull and confusing (though admittedly, I gave up at the half-way point). It was about this alternative religion, but spent too long describing, and not enough time on the plot.

A Little Bit of Everything For Dummies
A Little Bit of Everything For Dummies

4.0 out of 5 stars A Little Bit of Everything for Dummies, 22 Mar. 2013
Good and interesting - a few chapters I was less interested in, but that's understandable! Does what it says, really, and works nicely on Kindle.

FUSION - Set of 12 High Quality Aluminium Multi coloured Crochet Hooks Needles - in sizes 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5, 5.5, 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm and 8mm - comes with a handy organizer and a LIFETIME GUARANTEE :)
Offered by WowBox UK (EU-wide shipping)

4.0 out of 5 stars Crochet hooks, 22 Mar. 2013
Good, nice selection (at least for all the projects I've tried!). Garish colours - I didn't realise quite how metallic it was!

No, It's Us Too!
No, It's Us Too!

2.0 out of 5 stars No, It's Us Too!, 22 Mar. 2013
This review is from: No, It's Us Too! (Kindle Edition)
Miranda's a brilliant comedian but this book is written exactly as she acts, and it doesn't work very well on paper (in my opinion, anyway). A few laughs in it, and some mildly interesting facts, but she seems much more funny to watch than to just read the script of what she might say.

Page: 1 | 2